QoS v Livi

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 14:38, andylivi1 said:

Finally back to league business this weekend, tough looking one to predict. 

Both teams in good form, a win for the home side will see them overtake us and jump into the playoffs, a win for us takes us clear of the hosts. 

I would be very happy with a point from this, never confident heading to Palmerston. 

A line up of something like :- Alexander, Lithgow, Gallagher, Halkett, Penrice, McMillan, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Mullen, Todorov 

Looks fairly strong defensively and I think Hoppy will try and approach this game like the Inverness game. 

I'd be happy with that starting 11 but although I have my reservations about Mackin's work rate he scored 5 goals last week and if Hoppy is working on his fitness to get him chasing balls down more then i'd be happy to see him start with Mullen too. Knox and Mullin give us more of an attacking threat but they'd also be useful coming off the bench later on to get us a goal. Can see Hoppy being more defensively set up first half but just hope he isn't going to play just one up front.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn’t be resting Dobbie. Personally I thought Stirling did okay last Saturday and was unfairly hooked. Dykes is only worth starting if he’s upfront, but I think i agree on giving Kane a go.

I’d probably go

Martin
Fordyce kerr Brownlie marshall
Stirling Jacobs rankin McFadden
Dobbie Kane

No way I would leave Dobbie out either unless he is carrying a knock.This may be his last season with us (hopefully not) so we have to exploit his talent as much as possible.

I would not be averse to giving Kane another chance but on balance I would go with Dykes ahead of him. Kane should be bursting a gut to prove his doubters wrong but while the effort is there I suspect that he is just a bit short in terms of ability.

Stirling has to be a better option than Murray.

No way I would leave Dobbie out either unless he is carrying a knock.This may be his last season with us (hopefully not) so we have to exploit his talent as much as possible.

I would not be averse to giving Kane another chance but on balance I would go with Dykes ahead of him. Kane should be bursting a gut to prove his doubters wrong but while the effort is there I suspect that he is just a bit short in terms of ability.

Nor am I with dykes tbh, he’s been performing well recently so I was maybe bit harsh leaving him out

Typical championship, anything could happen. We’re actually on quite a long unbeaten run, although we haven’t played particularly well in any of them! Or at least not for the full 90 minutes.....

I thought Livi looked good in the first game, bossed the middle for a long time, we don’t really have an ‘enforcer’ to win these battles. Jacobs and Rankin always put in a hard shift, but when we struggle it is the the middle of the park. And at right back.

However, with McFadden on form and Dobbie always dangerous, we are likely to score.

So another 0-0 coming up.....

Danny Mullen touch and go for this one I believe, doesn’t look hopeful on making it, but nothing confirmed yet, be interesting to see if we start Carrick in his place who is like for like really or go two big men up top with Mackin and Todorov 

29 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

For me Dobbie is one of the most  gifted players in the league, I was only considering not starting him if he isn't 100% fit and using him as a great second half option. Team for me if all fit Martin, Fordyce Kerr Brownlie Marshall Rankin Jacobs Stirling Mcfadden Dobbie & Kane harsh on Del but think tues maybe will have took its toll on him good second half sub. Kane needs to prove himself now.

2 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Danny Mullen touch and go for this one I believe, doesn’t look hopeful on making it, but nothing confirmed yet, be interesting to see if we start Carrick in his place who is like for like really or go two big men up top with Mackin and Todorov 

Would rather De Vita up top or Cadden - both players off more than Carrick does with pace and not much more

Why would we rest Dobbie in a game against a potential playoff rival? Unless he can't  physically walk it's safe to assume that he'll play. I wouldn't play Kane unless there was someone to do the holding up for him or we went back to that 4-3-3  that we used at the start of the season but that would mean having Tapping trying to figure how this whole football thing works  once again or McFadden which would probably leave us far too open from the start. I think Naysmith will most likely revert back to the side from the  Morton game seeing as he probably won't change an unbeaten side if he can help it.

The last game was strange as Livingston looked to be  largely in control before absolute chaos broke out.  

Both sides are pretty similar with 2 very good defences and both try to get the ball up the park quickly. Livi  were about as well drilled a side as I've seen this season but I'd say that we probably have more players with the ability to win games. Mullen being missing would be very good news on our side as he is probably the  one livi forward that has something unpredictable about him (apart from going down easily in the box, that's a given).  Despite  Queens livi games usually being rather entertaining games, I feel this will be a fairly cautious affair with the first goal being the winner. 

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:03, Liviguy said:

I'll see how queens approach the Montrose game and then decide if we have a chance lol. Any pubs near the ground that welcome away supporters?

We were very poor against Montrose but we have been like that against lower league teams in the various cups this season.  The good thing, from our point of view, is that we haven't really carried those poor displays  into the Championship games.  As for the pubs, there are several within a few minutes staggering  distance from the ground. The Spread Eagle, The Globe and the  Salutation at the foot of Glasgow Street are probably the closest and there are a variety of other pubs over the bridge heading to the Town Centre. As far as I know they all welcome visiting supporters, or to put it another way, if you're spending cash you'll be welcome.

8 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

Why would we rest Dobbie in a game against a potential playoff rival? Unless he can't  physically walk it's safe to assume that he'll play. I wouldn't play Kane unless there was someone to do the holding up for him or we went back to that 4-3-3  that we used at the start of the season but that would mean having Tapping trying to figure how this whole football thing works  once again or McFadden which would probably leave us far too open from the start. I think Naysmith will most likely revert back to the side from the  Morton game seeing as he probably won't change an unbeaten side if he can help it.

The last game was strange as Livingston looked to be  largely in control before absolute chaos broke out.  

Both sides are pretty similar with 2 very good defences and both try to get the ball up the park quickly. Livi  were about as well drilled a side as I've seen this season but I'd say that we probably have more players with the ability to win games. Mullen being missing would be very good news on our side as he is probably the  one livi forward that has something unpredictable about him (apart from going down easily in the box, that's a given).  Despite  Queens livi games usually being rather entertaining games, I feel this will be a fairly cautious affair with the first goal being the winner. 

Nowt to disagree with there but just to add with Dobbie, Del and McFadden in the squad we definitely look more threatening in the final third than Livi, especially if Mullen is out.

Edited to say , tight game with a 2-1 for us. Which will set us up nicely for a tough run of games in December.

29 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Nowt to disagree with there but just to add with Dobbie, Del and McFadden in the squad we definitely look more threatening in the final third than Livi, especially if Mullen is out.

Edited to say , tight game with a 2-1 for us. Which will set us up nicely for a tough run of games in December.

Still got one more game in November v Dumbarton (away) on Tue night before we think about December.

5 hours ago, Hawk said:

Only one goal between us so not so sure about that. Our goals are spread about the team so we're not reliant on any one player.

51 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Only one goal between us so not so sure about that. Our goals are spread about the team so we're not reliant on any one player.

Yeah, Dobbie has only scored against Falkirk and Morton so far and McFadden hasn’t scored at all. Our midfield players have a total of 2 goals amongst all of them. Whereas three of our defenders have scored 7, which is only 3 less than Dobbie and Lyle combined.

10 hours ago, Hawk said:

Mullen is our third top scored, behind Mackin and Halkett (our CB). Majority of our goals are spread throughout so missing Mullen will just mean we play Mackin more than likely.

If we depend on anyone it'd be Josh Mullin with 14 assists already this season

19 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We were very poor against Montrose but we have been like that against lower league teams in the various cups this season.  The good thing, from our point of view, is that we haven't really carried those poor displays  into the Championship games.  As for the pubs, there are several within a few minutes staggering  distance from the ground. The Spread Eagle, The Globe and the  Salutation at the foot of Glasgow Street are probably the closest and there are a variety of other pubs over the bridge heading to the Town Centre. As far as I know they all welcome visiting supporters, or to put it another way, if you're spending cash you'll be welcome.

Thank you for the help mate pint with ur name on it if livi win :guinness

I'll see how queens approach the Montrose game and then decide if we have a chance lol. Any pubs near the ground that welcome away supporters?

Queens were shit. They didn’t at any point look like losing, but it was pleasant to watch.

Go to Market Square. 4 proper pubs all within about 20 yards of each other. You’ll have no bother getting in any of them and no more than a 5 minute walk from the ground.

As for the game, if Dobbie’s fit he starts.

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Queens were shit. They didn’t at any point look like losing, but it was pleasant to watch.

Go to Market Square. 4 proper pubs all within about 20 yards of each other. You’ll have no bother getting in any of them and no more than a 5 minute walk from the ground.

As for the game, if Dobbie’s fit he starts.

Thanks for the info mate looking probably at a tight gawe tomorrow I have a terrible record there never seen livi win there only been 3 times mind.

Archived