QoS v Livi

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some highlights from the game 
https://t.co/nqw2LywbOY

Cheers. They were a pain to watch on my phone though [emoji38]

That first goal is worse than I remember. Fordyce takes all the blame for me. Seconds before the ball is swung in he's looking right at the attacker, it's criminal he loses him. Some may question Martin I suppose but it was around 8 yards out when it was dropping so I'd not be pointing blame. Dobbie losing the ball is more at fault.

The second is again criminal and again I think it would be harsh to blame Martin. He'd have to have came through about 4 bodies to get anything on that. It's unlucky as an OG but Fordyce not having a clue where he was again.

The third is laughable defending from both Rooney and McFadden.

Good passion shown by the Livi players after every goal and they really wanted it more yesterday. The least their fans deserved tbh. I was right next to them and the stuff coming from their section made me laugh even watching the shitshow in front of me. I sit there all the time and can't recall such constant friendly banter. I got the impression they'd have kept it up even if they were 4 down.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Cheers. They were a pain to watch on my phone though emoji38.png

That first goal is worse than I remember. Fordyce takes all the blame for me. Seconds before the ball is swung in he's looking right at the attacker, it's criminal he loses him. Some may question Martin I suppose but it was around 8 yards out when it was dropping so I'd not be pointing blame. Dobbie losing the ball is more at fault.

The second is again criminal and again I think it would be harsh to blame Martin. He'd have to have came through about 4 bodies to get anything on that. It's unlucky as an OG but Fordyce not having a clue where he was again.

The third is laughable defending from both Rooney and McFadden.

Good passion shown by the Livi players after every goal and they really wanted it more yesterday. The least their fans deserved tbh. I was right next to them and the stuff coming from their section made me laugh even watching the shitshow in front of me. I sit there all the time and can't recall such constant friendly banter. I got the impression they'd have kept it up even if they were 4 down.

Really ? I watch them on my phone no bother. 

Agree with your assessments on the goals from a Queens point of view very poor defensively, the first and 3rd especially,  although the 2nd goal I feel you are being overly critical, it was a great ball into the box from a difficult area that was very difficult to defend against. 

As for the bit in bold, the players are incredible, I’ve not seen a squad of Livi players show any more passion than I’ve seen from this bunch the last couple years, they are clearly loving the game right now, enjoying playing for each other and Hoppy and as a fan you can’t really ask for any more, we may not have the biggest of supports but we are as passionate as the next teams support, we love a good bit of banter and it was certainly flowing yesterday, I particularly liked the “we are staying up” chant and the shout of “this is what you get for voting Tory” :lol:

You just don’t get that kind of friendly banter between opposition fans like yesterday anymore. 

Fordyce at fault for the first goal, but Martin could have done more. If he couldn’t come for the cross, he could at least have come off his line and got in the striker’s face as he had the shot. If he had got closer to him he might have been able to block it. 

And he was beaten really easily at his near post for the third. Not that it mattered at that point.

9 hours ago, Ayia Napa Daz said:

The Amber Machine chartered flight back to the SPL is back in full flow. Cruising. Soaring. 20,000 feet above land. Ground speed of over 500mph. Flying. Champagne being consumed. Cigars are out. Gorgeous air hostesses. A male air host to avoid gender prejudice. He's also black. Class entertainment on the back of seat screens. Blockbusters. A highlight package of the 2004 league cup final. Commentary from Marvin Andrews and Stuart Lovell. Michelin star meals. More champagne. Red wine from Chile. Beer from southern Germany. Italian lemonade for sober passengers. More on-flight entertainment, a Q&A with Big Shags. De Vita is signing autographs. Hopkins posing for photos. Declan Gallagher is recommending hairdressers. Shaun Byrne is giving advice on how to achieve the best shave. Halkett giving tips on bicep curls. Mullin giving tips on how to pull girls. Martindale supplying other things. Nice things. EdinburghLivi has just opened a copy of the Financial Times. Someone's pissed on the toilet seat. A smooth flight. Minimal turbulence.

Brilliant post....movie deal in the works hopefully

Good work by Byrne getting the ball back and then running down the wing to get it and pass to Rafa, and fantastic ball in from Rafa for Penrice's goal. Same with our 2nd, what a delivery from Mullin, superb. Even the 3rd was good team work, following up by Byrne to knock it in after Longridge was beaten in the box. 

15 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Fair fucks to Livi. I thought you'd be doing well to finish higher than 8th but you look a decent bet for top four at this relatively early stage.

Haven't beaten the super Pars yet though, eh?

We were poor at east end first half but first game of season Livingston were much better side

2 hours ago, MOTD Wannabee said:

For what this is worth, here's our video of Saturday's game. Sending-off and penalty claim included...

Good highlights as ever. Still think the first Jacobs booking is an absolute joke. He let far less go either with just a free kick or unpunished altogether. He puts a foot in the air. It's not especially high and the Livi player barely makes contact with it with his toe in his own kicking motion. It might just about be a foul, maybe. It's never ever a booking. Given he's on a booking though there's no excuse for the second one. That one is plain daft.

I don't think either Livi free kick for the one they claimed was over the line (it wasn't) or the one they did score from was a free kick either. The first one definitely not. Fordyce does pretty much what Jacobs did for the first booking except doesn't get within 6 inches of the opponent. That's not a foul. Second one Jacobs plays the ball first and then afterward there may be a brushing of legs but it's a 50/50 for me at worst.

Fordyce badly at fault for the 1st goal, plus Dobbie loses the ball far too easily and Rankin lets the cross come in too easily too. I think Fordyce has to try to play the second one although actually if he'd left it alone it was just floating back to Martin. McFadden gives up on tracking Byrne for the 3rd one though I doubt he'd have caught him anyway. That's a bad goal to lose.

Alexander makes a good (but not magnificent) save from Lyle at 1-0 and Dobbie should do more to get a head on the ball from a cross at 2-0 which ends up hitting a Livi player on the shoulder and being saved by Alexander. It's a pity it wasn't Lyle or Dykes under that ball instead. Alexander makes a really good save from one of his own defenders late on to prevent an own goal at another free kick but the game was dead by then anyway.

For what this is worth, here's our video of Saturday's game. Sending-off and penalty claim included...

No coincidence that what few chances we had involved McFadden. We're going on about a creative midfielder but I think we have exactly that in McFadden, he's just not being utilised correctly. Give him a shot in the middle and see how he gets on. Tonight would be a good chance with Jacobs presumably out.

On Jacobs I still think his first yellow is wrong. He's not even looking at the boy and has had his foot kicked. His second was just stupidity on his part.

The more I see the first the worse it gets. I still don't blame Martin for the first. The cross was lower than I thought and I assume he was expecting the guy in front of Kerr to head it. And if he had it would have been an open goal had Martin came. I suppose Fordyce could have been anticipating that as well.

The highlights have cleared up the chance before the second goal. The officials have got that spot on there. The ball doesn't look even close to being fully over and certainly nothing like "a yard" over the line as someone said earlier. I assume the penalty claim was the boy falling next to Brownlie?

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The more I see the first the worse it gets. I still don't blame Martin for the first. The cross was lower than I thought and I assume he was expecting the guy in front of Kerr to head it. And if he had it would have been an open goal had Martin came. I suppose Fordyce could have been anticipating that as well.

He couldn’t come for the cross, but after it clears the Livi player’s head, do you not think he should have been off his line going towards where the ball was going to drop in order to be close to the striker when he was taking the shot? Standing on his line waiting for the shot meant that the only way he would save it was if it was straight at him. It was almost like trying to save a penalty from about 4 yards out. 

Difficult to say from the angle but it certainly appears that the ball isnt completely over the line hence no goal.

Regarding the penalty claim; initially it was shoulder to shoulder which under normal circumstances would be considered a foul unless one player made an exaggerated move.  The one point of some debate is that there appears to be a tangle of legs however id does appear the Carrick is already falling over hence again probably no penalty. I have however seen them given for less but would be aggrieved if it was us.

With regard to Jacobs sending off; never like to see any of the Jacobs boys get their marching orders; Kyle is tough and no-nonsense but I've never known him to outright try to injure someone. I don't think you can argue though that the second foul was reckless particularly when you're already on a yellow card; it wasn't even as if it was in an important part of the field. Quite unnecessary although I dont think it really changed the outcome.

Biggest surprise for me however was Lyle not scoring against us; has the world gone made?

Regarding the penalty claim; initially it was shoulder to shoulder which under normal circumstances would be considered a foul unless one player made an exaggerated move.  The one point of some debate is that there appears to be a tangle of legs however id does appear the Carrick is already falling over hence again probably no penalty. I have however seen them given for less but would be aggrieved if it was us.

I looked at the legs as well and it looks like Carrick actually hits the back of Brownlie's; hence him going down. There just isn't a foul there for me at all but if anyone is impeded it's Brownlie. Carrick exaggerates his fall which makes it look like there is a foul there. Not a dive but no way can that be given as a penalty.

Archived