QoS v Livi

Very even game. Similar goal to Montrose’s the other night the difference.

We’re losing the physical battle. Livi are, shall we say, a touch agricultural with some of their play.

Utter nonsense. We were superb today. Lucky it was only 3.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could only put 2 past that dross before we went down to 10. I'd say "superb" is pushing it a bit :/

Did they even bother to announce a MoM today? Alan probably kept us in it a wee bit longer with a couple of really good stops and McFadden at least got the ball on the deck even if his final ball wasn't great. If I was forced to pick one I'd have went with one of them.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You could only put 2 past that dross before we went down to 10. I'd say "superb" is pushing it a bit :/

Did they even bother to announce a MoM today? Alan probably kept us in it a wee bit longer with a couple of really good stops and McFadden at least got the ball on the deck even if his final ball wasn't great. If I was forced to pick one I'd have went with one of them.

Martin was mom.

Martin was mom.

Cheers. Can't argue with that. The only positive today was seeing him looking like he starting to find his feet for us. Alexander made two great saves as well today. The one in the second half was quite unbelievable.

Well that was grim. Whole team was garbage. Not blaming Martin, but he’s not very good with the old crosses. Because he always leaves defenders to deal with them, when they don’t, he either has to make a spectacular save or, more likely, pick the ball out of the net.  It might make his job easier if he came for crosses now and again. Need to see the first 2 goals again. He may not have been able to do anything anyway, but standing on your line waiting for the header never seems like the best plan.

Brownlie was back to his bombscare ways of old. And how Stirling can’t get in that team beggars belief. He’d be as well chucking it. System in the first half was an absolute shambles, with Dobbie floating around in midfield watching the ball sailing over his head most of the time. Second half wasn’t much better.

Think we can forget about finishing in the top 4. 2 points from 5 games against top 4 sides suggests we will be nowhere near, unless something changes quite dramatically.

Totally outplayed from start to finish. Many more performances like that and we will drop down the league.

Fucking awful. What does Andy Stirling have to do to get on the pitch? Big 6 pointer lost..

We had a big opportunity today especially with other rivals slipping up but yet again under GN we come up way short against one of our principal rivals. Despite seemingly having decent options up front we repeatedly fail to score goals Dobbie et all.

The continual exclusion of Stirling is a mystery - it is not as though any of his rivals are exactly delivering the goods in the creativity "stakes". Admittedly, he started away at Montrose on a tight Astro pitch and presumably paid the price for a lucklustre display by the team as a whole. I can't believe that the player I saw last season is worth so little game time in a team that is hardly scaling any great heights?

We now need to redress the loss of a vital home match by getting a good result at Dumbarton - not an easy task.

We are basically a workmanlike outfit who play Industrial percentage football - unfortunately Livvy do the same thing only better than we do. Without good ball retention and a decent passing framework it is impossible to dominate games and these matches become very equal 50:50 affairs.I don't think that suits us because we have an uncanny knack of losing most of the them.

It was an even first half. Livi scored with their only real chance. Alexander saved superbly from Lyle for ours.

Second half was a different story quite clearly. Although even then I thought we started the half brightly, Alexander making an even better save from Lyle than the one in the first half.

We didn’t learn our lesson after the chance Martin scrambled off the line, conceding from a virtually identical ball in. At that point we threw the towel in a bit and Livi smelled blood. By the end it could have been anything as you say.

Our defence struggled all game and the Livi forwards deserve credit for that. We’ve largely been solid at the back this season, but it was a torrid afternoon for them with Kerr, and Fordyce especially shaky. One blunder aside I thought Brownlie had an alright game. He won most of his headers anyway.

Jacobs is having a frustrating time of it just now, epitomised by his two bookings. His constant giving away of the ball is nothing new, but was less of an issue when he was so good at winning it back. He was a liability today.

Dykes would have been my man of the match although it was slim pickings. He put a shift in once again and looked the most threatening of our three forwards. The least said about Dobbie and Lyle the better. We simply can’t start with those two and McFadden all on the park. It makes us far too slow and one dimensional. I have to agree that the pace and directness of Stirling would have been a better option today.

Deserved victory for a Livi side who can’t really be called a surprise package anymore. They were more organised, more clinical and wanted it more. Too many passengers for Queens today.

Well that was grim. Whole team was garbage. Not blaming Martin, but he’s not very good with the old crosses. Because he always leaves defenders to deal with them, when they don’t, he either has to make a spectacular save or, more likely, pick the ball out of the net.  It might make his job easier if he came for crosses now and again. Need to see the first 2 goals again. He may not have been able to do anything anyway, but standing on your line waiting for the header never seems like the best plan.
Brownlie was back to his bombscare ways of old. And how Stirling can’t get in that team beggars belief. He’d be as well chucking it. System in the first half was an absolute shambles, with Dobbie floating around in midfield watching the ball sailing over his head most of the time. Second half wasn’t much better.
Think we can forget about finishing in the top 4. 2 points from 5 games against top 4 sides suggests we will be nowhere near, unless something changes quite dramatically.
Totally outplayed from start to finish. Many more performances like that and we will drop down the league.

I'll need to see the highlights but off the top of my head I can't recall either of the crosses for the goals being in the 6 yard box so it'd be harsh to criticise Martin. Though either way I wouldn't blame him for them especially the first. The space the boy got in the first was criminal and the second goal we should have learned from minutes earlier.

Marking is surely an absolute basic for a defender. The fact we've failed to do that so often today is extremely infuriating.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll need to see the highlights but off the top of my head I can't recall either of the crosses for the goals being in the 6 yard box so it'd be harsh to criticise Martin. Though either way I wouldn't blame him for them especially the first. The space the boy got in the first was criminal and the second goal we should have learned from minutes earlier.

Marking is surely an absolute basic for a defender. The fact we've failed to do that so often today is extremely infuriating.

Yeah, probably nothing he could have done. Just think generally he stands on his line waiting for defenders to deal with every cross, whether in the six yard box or not. Mind you, Craig Gordon also does that and he plays for Scotland. So maybe I’m expecting too much, especially at this level. 

Yeah, probably nothing he could have done. Just think generally he stands on his line waiting for defenders to deal with every cross, whether in the six yard box or not. Mind you, Craig Gordon also does that and he plays for Scotland. So maybe I’m expecting too much, especially at this level. 

Your last sentence could be right on the money. I can only recall one GK for us at this level who completely bossed his box and it was Ludo Roy. Sadly he didn't play too many games for us.

The first one looked like a great ball into the space between the goalkeeper and defence. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the opponents.

The second one is frustrating because they had played the exact same ball minutes earlier and almost scored. Again though it looked a great delivery.

In comparison our set pieces were poor floated attempts that makes it so difficult to generate any power. Bread and butter to a goalkeeper of Alexander’s quality.

This is the least I have enjoyed watching Queens for quite some time. The football we are playing is brutal and to make it worse the other teams in our division and most of Scotland aren't much better. Long ball after long ball just take a touch, take a risk. Provide us with some entertainment. When we do score it seems some of our fans are so scunnered with what they are watching they can barely muster a celebration. I would prefer to see us losing playing the right way rather than occasionally win playing like we do now. Its awful bog standard rubbish! Dobbie was and has been fecking mince this season and someone needs to tell him that. He also needs to learn its a team game at times although I appreciate when he does release the ball he probably immediately knows its gonna be wasted. We couldn't handle Mackin and Mullin today and they were the difference makers we didn't have. I'm also like the others mystified as to why Stirling has been so underused. He was fantastic when he came on against TNS and yet after 1 game against Montrose where he split opinion he is out again. Naysmith is too reactive to 1 poor performance with certain players and the constant chopping and changing has been of no benefit whatsoever to messrs Murray, Kane, Dykes, Rooney, Tapping and Stirling.  

This is the least I have enjoyed watching Queens for quite some time. The football we are playing is brutal and to make it worse the other teams in our division and most of Scotland aren't much better. Long ball after long ball just take a touch, take a risk. Provide us with some entertainment. When we do score it seems some of our fans are so scunnered with what they are watching they can barely muster a celebration. I would prefer to see us losing playing the right way rather than occasionally win playing like we do now. Its awful bog standard rubbish! Dobbie was and has been fecking mince this season and someone needs to tell him that. He also needs to learn its a team game at times although I appreciate when he does release the ball he probably immediately knows its gonna be wasted. We couldn't handle Mackin and Mullin today and they were the difference makers we didn't have. I'm also like the others mystified as to why Stirling has been so underused. He was fantastic when he came on against TNS and yet after 1 game against Montrose where he split opinion he is out again. Naysmith is too reactive to 1 poor performance with certain players and the constant chopping and changing has been of no benefit whatsoever to messrs Murray, Kane, Dykes, Rooney, Tapping and Stirling.  

Worrying thing is last 2 home games combined we have mustered up around the 2000 mark. Awful. Our core suppport seems to be taking a hit just now.

Archived