QoS v Livi

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was having a think about today's formation as well. The back 5 picks itself with Kerr coming back and Fordyce (whom I've a £5 on for first goal at 28/1) moving out to RB.

The rest is debateable. Rankin and Jacobs will be in the middle of course. I'd like 'Faddy' in the middle playing off 2 strikers so that would mean Tapping in a middle 3.

If he is playing 4 in the middle then Stirling surely deserves a start. Murray was quiet again on Tuesday and Stirling deserves at least a few games to show what he can do.

No idea who will partner Dobbie (who'd better be up top and not wide left). Lyle scored but was poor IMO and Dykes being up there seems to encourage this awful long ball.

I'm assuming Jack McMillan is either injured, or has fell off the face of the Earth. Not seen since the Brechin game a few weeks ago, I reckon he'd have been perfect for today out on the right.

Mind you, I didn't realise Mullin had quite as many assists as 14 (!), so not the end of the world I hope.

Utter shite yet again. Almost identical to Tuesday except we haven't scored.

Probably the worst I've ever seen Brownlie play. The goal was shocking as well and I assume Fordyce will be to blame but will need to see the highlights. Guy was completely unmarked.

We look like we could play for another 2 hours and not score from open play. Whatever the system is it isn't working along with the long ball.

Had us pegged down to lose here earlier in the week, and the news of Mullen being out compounded my original thoughts.

Quite simply a fantastic result, going away to Palmerston and winning by 3, with a clean sheet as well. A great confidence booster ahead of a tough game on Tuesday.

Fucking awful. What does Andy Stirling have to do to get on the pitch? Big 6 pointer lost..

He's shagging Naysmith's wife. It's the only explanation. 2-0 down and he instantly brings on a fucking defender ahead of him.

Utterly fizzing is an understatement of how I'm feeling right now. There is nothing even close to positive that can be said about that today. Utter shite from start to 77 minutes (can't comment from then as I'd left but I don't imagine they suddenly learned to string 5 passes together after I left).

I've no idea what the system was today. I'm assuming the idea was to flood the midfield with the formation but given the midfield was constantly bypassed with long balls I'm not sure what the point of being so narrow was.

ROUTE 1 DOESN'T WORK. PLEASE STOP PERSISTING WITH IT.

The manager takes the flack for the dross set-up and gameplan but the players should take a long hard look at themselves as well. The first goal should have been easily dealt with. If the striker's marker stays with him (is even in the same area as him!) it's easily cleared. The second summed up our inability to learn from our mistakes. It was almost identical to the earlier chance Livi had where Martin somehow kept it out (if it wasn't in). As soon as the boy got the foul I said to my mate "I guarantee this will go to a Livi player". Goal. Seriously, how difficult is it to mark?! Especially after almost conceding the exact same way minutes earlier. Can't comment on the 3rd as I was gone. I assume it was a simple delivery and the Livi player was totally unmarked.

Just looked and I won't be able to make it to a game until December 23rd. Normally this would be hell but given the utter shite we've been dished up recently I really don't care. Hopefully we'll have learned to string more than 5 passes together by then.

Archived