QoS v Livi

Finally back to league business this weekend, tough looking one to predict. 

Both teams in good form, a win for the home side will see them overtake us and jump into the playoffs, a win for us takes us clear of the hosts. 

I would be very happy with a point from this, never confident heading to Palmerston. 

A line up of something like :- Alexander, Lithgow, Gallagher, Halkett, Penrice, McMillan, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Mullen, Todorov 

Looks fairly strong defensively and I think Hoppy will try and approach this game like the Inverness game. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should be going into this one refreshed and confident, a win here gives us breathing space to stay in the playoffs. QoS always a hard team to get anything from and are one of the most dangerous teams going forward in this league so like Andy says, an approach similar to the ICT game would probably do us well. A draw would be absolutely fine here but a win would be brilliant.

I have a bad feeling about this one, even if Queens will have played a League 2 team twice in a week by the time this rolls around. We were comfortably better than them for the first 65/70 minutes at home, but couldn't cope with them once they brought a bit more attacking impetus on and were lucky to get a draw.

If our target is mid table, a draw here would be a cracking result. If our target is the top four, then we need to be getting a point, preferably three.

On 20/11/2017 at 13:38, andylivi1 said:

Finally back to league business this weekend, tough looking one to predict. 

Both teams in good form, a win for the home side will see them overtake us and jump into the playoffs, a win for us takes us clear of the hosts. 

I would be very happy with a point from this, never confident heading to Palmerston. 

A line up of something like :- Alexander, Lithgow, Gallagher, Halkett, Penrice, McMillan, Byrne, Pittman, Jacobs, Mullen, Todorov 

Looks fairly strong defensively and I think Hoppy will try and approach this game like the Inverness game. 

Queens were very poor tonight in our Cup Tie against Montrose .Will have to really up our game if we want to get anything on Saturday.

Kerr and Kane must start with McFadden in the middle of the park not out wide 

That was a real battle tonight and will have taken a lot out of the team.  Plenty of time to recover before Saturday though.

Kerr will come in for Rooney of that I am almost certain.  I'm not sure what Kane has done to deserve drafting straight into the starting XI, or who you think should drop out at his expense?

I would include  Kerr, Mcfadden, Stirling and Kane in starting 11 on Sat, make use of the squad. Resting  Dykes, Rooney, Murray, lyle or Dobbie.

Wouldn’t be resting Dobbie. Personally I thought Stirling did okay last Saturday and was unfairly hooked. Dykes is only worth starting if he’s upfront, but I think i agree on giving Kane a go.

I’d probably go

Martin
Fordyce kerr Brownlie marshall
Stirling Jacobs rankin McFadden
Dobbie Kane

Archived