The City v The Terrors 25/11/2017

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Utterly fizzing that I was on the losing side of a 4-2 vote to bin it as half time and go and watch rugby in a warm pub with whisky.

Second coldest ever been at a game after Partick in cup 2010.

Grown men greeting about the cold !!!! :lol:

Preparation is key. ............. Maybe the reason for United's second half collapse. 

Shame there is no Ray McKinnon to blame this time !!;):whistle

I would agree with most of that. I was saying at half time that we gave United too much respect and the only way we were going to get anything was to get in their faces and make a few challenges . We certainly did that in the second half , just as we did at Tannadice and you could see the panic in the whole United approach.  It was a case of them sitting deeper to try and counter Isaac's continual persistence to drive forward.   I thought Finn was excellent again . He is a persistent wee bugger as well , never knowing when he is beaten .  Some of the challenges to win back possession were out of this world.   Dale was back to his battling best as well in the second half , shutting down the spaces that United used so well in the first half. 
Some save from Lewis near the end to deny Sinclair (I think ) and if only Connor hadn't been so knackered and got away from Scobbie to be one on one then who knows, the Dundee fans might still be on here lamenting the demise of their neighbours . 8)
Agree about the ref though.  I was having an after match pint with a couple of United fans and they seemed to think he kept stopping the game to get a breather himself as he looked well behind play most of the time.  I am getting continually frustrated with their inconsistency.  Could it be that they are basically not fit enough and their mistakes are simply through tiredness ?  One thing is for sure , their mistakes won't ever be questioned.  The authorities will simply change some rules to cover their incompetence . 

Dales tackle when he won the ball and Isaacs shot that cannoned off the big centre half for a by kick were shocking desicion s . He was equally poor towards United too. I met Utd fans in pub after game all good lads and quite praising . They ll be there or there about at end of season no doubt about it . Too many good players not too be . Who do we drop to let Jacko in ??? Right now I'd say Orsi . Agree about Finn and Dale excellent energy .Watty s been disappointing last 4 or 5 games . Sinclair unlucky to be benched yesterday . Euan Smith was a gamble we just got away with but he needs games I suppose . Sparky hardly gets a sniff then plays against Utd twice ( which is fine he will get better) . All in all deserved our wee bit of luck yesterday. After dominating games at Glebe this year yet falling away last 10 mins

Yesterday was a classic example of the problems we had away from Tannadice lat year, which is a shame as was hoping things might be different, after last week's performance.

My fear now is that our fantastic performance last week was more acurately a reflection of how bad Falkirk are (given another horrendous result for them yesterday), than how good we have become.

Credit to Brechin for an excellent 2nd half display,(and for making the changes to do this)  but our total dominance in the first half should have put the game out of sight by then.

Next Saturday I do believe we'll see United back on form, but we need to take this form away from home as well in order to win the league.

A bit gutted tbh.

Very proud. First half after our early visits to the United end  it was like watching a cat playing with a mouse.  However 2nd half quick leveller  and game on . No failures ln the team , Issac looked more in the mood, Good to see Jacko running about pre match. Once we get everyone back  we should start to pick points.  Nice touch from United fans i bumped into on way out everyone of them i met congrats us on performance and were glad to escape back down road with a point. Games like this is why i love football. Big well done to everyone from the helpers putting the covers down to the team for their efforts over the 90 mins.  Very proud.

Very proud. First half after our early visits to the United end  it was like watching a cat playing with a mouse.  However 2nd half quick leveller  and game on . No failures ln the team , Issac looked more in the mood, Good to see Jacko running about pre match. Once we get everyone back  we should start to pick points.  Nice touch from United fans i bumped into on way out everyone of them i met congrats us on performance and were glad to escape back down road with a point. Games like this is why i love football. Big well done to everyone from the helpers putting the covers down to the team for their efforts over the 90 mins.  Very proud.

Fair assessment. It was a great day out, despite the result and the cold. No United fan could grudge Brechin the point, it was the very least you deserved. A great set up there, and based on the two games between our sides your players are an absolute credit to your club

I'm immensely proud also. I feared the worst after the first half as United were cutting us open with ease (particularly King, Fraser and Stanton) and only some last ditch blocks stopped us from being more than one behind.

Second half, wow. Players put in a tremendous shift and pretty much dominated the entire second half. Isaac has undoubtedly his best game for City and looked more like the player we had on loan a couple of years ago. He held the ball up, he was strong, he was powerful and direct. Finn Graham was excellent again and McLennan caused a lot of problems when he came on.

Archived