Stirling Albion v Peterhead

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

I'm heading down to this match tonight as a neutral. Looks like a tasty tie.

What's the entrance prices/parking prices.

Good pies?

£13, parking free but usually the ones at the ground fill up quickly as its essentially the local sports centre's car park.

You may have to park at Morrisons supermarket or St Modans High School, pies are a bit meh....okay but nothing spectacular. 

£13, parking free but usually the ones at the ground fill up quickly as its essentially the local sports centre's car park.
You may have to park at Morrisons supermarket or St Modans High School, pies are a bit meh....okay but nothing spectacular. 

Excellent.
Thanks for that. Looking forward to it.

Pies are indeed "meh".
Steak better than mince.
McAllister offside for his goal. Lino up here seems to be daydreaming half the time. 3 or 4 times not kept up with play.
Peterhead slightly the better side.
Albion look good with the ball on the deck. Peterhead as usual are big and aggressive.
Albion no. 7 really needs to learn how to pass. Reminds me of Nicky Cadden/Willis Furtado style of player. All pace but no actual product.

Albion no. 7 really needs to learn how to pass. Reminds me of Nicky Cadden/Willis Furtado style of player. All pace but no actual product.

Really surprised to read that about Morrison. I couldn’t make the game but it must have been “one of those nights” for the lad because normally he has pace and product.

That was a dreadful game. Even from a neutral point of view.
Ball spent 3/4 of the night in the air which suits Peterhead. No decent product from either side.
Albion 16 impressed me. Seemed to be the only one wanting to get the ball on the deck.
Wullie Gibson was his usual self and Peterhead Crouch fella (14) is another classic Peterhead striker. Tall and aggressive attacker.

Great save from the Albion no.1 from a Gibson shot but apart from that zero other things to cheer aside from the goal which was offside.

Bare in mind that's the first time I've seen Albion since Kenny Deuchar fired a hattrick past them in the cup? But really don't see how they are that far up the league. Dave Mackay will be currently rattling right through the whole team as he was fuming for much of the second half.

Don't think it was a red card but I was a little bit distracted at the time. Thought Gibson made a meal of it.

Bare in mind that's the first time I've seen Albion since Kenny Deuchar fired a hattrick past them in the cup? But really don't see how they are that far up the league. Dave Mackay will be currently rattling right through the whole team as he was fuming for much of the second half.

For the majority of the season, away from home anyway, we have out classed teams. Today and Saturday was exactly what we we're like last season. Hopefully just a blip.

That was a dreadful game. Even from a neutral point of view.
Ball spent 3/4 of the night in the air which suits Peterhead. No decent product from either side.
Albion 16 impressed me. Seemed to be the only one wanting to get the ball on the deck.
Wullie Gibson was his usual self and Peterhead Crouch fella (14) is another classic Peterhead striker. Tall and aggressive attacker.

Great save from the Albion no.1 from a Gibson shot but apart from that zero other things to cheer aside from the goal which was offside.

Don't think it was a red card but I was a little bit distracted at the time. Thought Gibson made a meal of it.

Interesting you saying that about our 16. Didn't play as well of as he could tonight.

Interesting you saying that about our 16. Didn't play as well of as he could tonight.

He was decent in the second half. Probably only player to get a pass mark from me aside the keeper for his stop.
Liam Caddis was woeful tonight too.

Was our best player out there, which speak volumes about team performance because he wasn't great.

That boy we got on loan from St Johnstone is pish.

Well for a team 2nd in this League with a chance to go top, we were poor and that’s being quite kind to us. Can see us slipping down the League unless we start to improve a lot.

Fear for the visit of Cowdenbeath on Saturday, on this sort of performance we will be lucky to get a point. Wonder how much the Bookies are giving on a Cowdenbeath victory, might be worth a punt.

I thought albion were very lucky to go in just 1 goal down at the break with the chances peterhead had cant understand why the albion centre forward was taking the free kicks from wide areas when he should really be in the box trying to get a goal also thought gibson made a meal of the tackle on him to get the bpy sent off overall very disappointing game

Guest TOPFITTER

Peterhead starting to grind out results now, given Stirling's demise I expect Montrose may be their only credible threat at the top. A very poor advert for the division, if I had to watch that all the time think I would save the money for something that gave some entertainment.

The BlueToon obviously came down to play Stirling at their game Battle, Niggle and Moan with a very odd smattering of goalmouth action, however they actually had enough chances to put the game to bed before 1/2 time. On the whole worthy winners and if Albion fail to improve and play a bit of football they will finish outside the top 4.

Special mention to the tricky Albion winger, seldom have I seen less product from so much possesion, OUTSTANDING !!!

Peterhead starting to grind out results now, given Stirling's demise I expect Montrose may be their only credible threat at the top. A very poor advert for the division, if I had to watch that all the time think I would save the money for something that gave some entertainment.
The BlueToon obviously came down to play Stirling at their game Battle, Niggle and Moan with a very odd smattering of goalmouth action, however they actually had enough chances to put the game to bed before 1/2 time. On the whole worthy winners and if Albion fail to improve and play a bit of football they will finish outside the top 4.
Special mention to the tricky Albion winger, seldom have I seen less product from so much possesion, OUTSTANDING !!!

Give us time, I hope, and we'll be out classing teams again.

Peterhead should have won by far more, we were fucking awful. We didn't look interested which is worrying for a top of the league clash.

Morrison has no doubt been the outstanding player in this division, bar the last 2 games. Hopefully we see the best of him before Hearts undoubtedly take him back.

Shocking game of fitba,both sides lost the ability to pass the ball to a teammate for long spells.But looking at the flags on the far side it was windier than many think.Best chances in the game belonged to us and i think a well deserved lead going into the break.The 2nd half was a bit meh apart from the sending off. Worst game i ve seen us play this season but really happy to take all 3 points and play absolute guff.Top of the league but loads of twists and turns to come 

Spoiler

We have had a few games of late that we have just played in dribs & drabs but importantly have been picking up the points. It was similar last night in that we probably should have scored enough to be comfortable but again we switch off at the back at times but have been fortunate to get away with it for a while. Rory played a fair bit of the game with a back spasm & looked like he might not have come out after the break he probably should have at least picked up a match ball with the chances he had but the one although deflected goal he got was a good nights work. 

Archived