Stirling Albion v Peterhead

Looking forward to the game on Saturday, but there is no doubt it’s going to be tough afternoon.

Despite our good start, I think Peterhead are still favourites for the league and on their day, players like McAllistair and Gibson are as good as anyone, in the lower leagues.

They do seem to have this outstanding ability however, of being incredibly inconsistent, which is probably the McInally factor in the team, and we beat them at Balmoor at the start of the season, so maybe the team will be a bit more confident than I am.

I’m guessing MacDonald is still out injured so I would once again go with Kavanagh through the middle, he has all the attributes to give McCracken a torrid afternoon.

A draw would be a positive result, but it would be wonderful if we could pull 7 points clear of them by grabbing another win.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy little still with stirling?

Aye, no idea when he's back though.

I honestly can't see us winning this, our home form hasn't been great and Peterheid are a good side. Hope I am wrong though.

Hopefully have Ross Smith back for this one.

After beating Raith Rovers 3-0 we should be on a high and must win this game to have any chance catching Stirling Albion. A seven point gap would be a great cushion for the home team but a Peterhead win takes it back to a one point gap and all to play for. This is a game we must not lose and I would gladly take a draw. Should be a good game.

Game of the day in League 2 this Saturday at Forthbank. 

Just hope our injury worries ease before then, particularly Peter MacDonald up front but if he`s not ready then I`m quite sure Ross Kavanagh will be able to cause Peterhead some problems. 

Our home form has not been great this season and think it will be a tough game against the pre season favourites to win the League but we have the players like Callumn Morrison who on his day will cause problems to any defence in League 2, not to mention Darren Smith one of the League`s top scorers as well.

Would be great to get the home win to maintain the points gap between ourselves and Montrose.

Prediction Albion 2 Peterhead 1       

Certainly a must not lose for us. Any decent pubs near the ground?

Only things near the ground are the pub in the main stand, which I recommend, the Springkerse View which is a Hungry Horse and good for food, and the cricket club.

A bit of snow in the area today, but at the moment I would guess that there is nothing to worry about.

The snow had frozen on the ground by 3pm at the Beefeater, well the snow that was left as the melted stuff had turned to ice - unless the sun comes up early tomorrow or its milder overnight could be dodgy for the game being on.

I was out on open ground in Stirling area today. The frost was surface only. I will stick my neck out and say the match will be on. If  Peterhead fans visit the Bino bar the locals can show them the sights and take them up the carse later.

Cheers for the info lads, looks like will maybe have to await result of inspection before setting off,  Just out of interest the offer was to take us up the carse & not something more painful I hope.:unsure:

Hopefully the only painful thing you feel is a defeat to the famous Albion. Can't see it though :/

Archived