Annan Athletic vs Clyde

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Gormley just back from few months out and getting it per..

Max wright. Cuddihy. Ramsay. In fact the lot apart fae lowden and obv DGW can do one, Gormley fit does us a job

If that was directed at me, then I wasn't giving it at all.

Gormley is a very frustrating player. He either plays really well or absolutely awful. After being treated to the likes of Higgins & Wright etc. I would much rather have Gormley. I would be starting him instead of Smart.

Gormley certainly gives effort
But he is so over weight he looks like he is towing a caravan and thats not because he has been injured not the worst but doubt he is in Lennon's long term plans mind you that would go for a lot of the squad

Gormley is a very frustrating player. He either plays really well or absolutely awful. After being treated to the likes of Higgins & Wright etc. I would much rather have Gormley. I would be starting him instead of Smart.

If Sean Higgins is the reference point for the required standard for CLYDE, I'll look forward to Stephen Hawking playing for us next year.

We need better players than Higgins, Wright and Gormley if we want out of this league.

Scary thing is that if you actually look at the players we have there are actually only 4-5 (if that) that are actually decent players, obvious exception of one class act of course .

Squad copied from OS:

GK Blair Currie  -Jury still out, personally think he is ok. 
GK Peter Morrison  -Back up - never seen him
DF Kyle Bradley - Pointless loan, is he still here? - Poor player
DF Jack Breslin - Not good enough. 
DF Kieran Duffie - Didn't think much of him initially, improved recently.
DF Callum Home - Ok as back up CH, Better than Breslin of course, but we should be looking for better
DF Jordan Lowdon - Obviously decent player, needs to be played in correct position
DF Martin McNiff - Not good enough (See Home)
DF Andy Munro - Good CH at our level, delighted if loan extended. 
DF Jordan Stewart - Decent player.
MF Barry Cuddihy - Can be decent at times, no where near consistent enough.
MF Scott Ferguson - Done nothing for years, injuries or not. Time to go, sorry.
MF Matthew Flynn - Shown nothing in time with us, can go. 
MF Kevin Nicoll - I not particularly a fan, but has been decent recently. 
MF Darren Ramsay - Has ability; doesn't show it anywhere near often enough.
FW David Goodwillie - :thumsup2 Star!!!!!
FW David Gormley - Splits opinion. Not for me
FW Mark Lamont - Looks good every time I have seen him, should be used more
FW Smart Osadolor - Not good enough... go. 
FW Max Wright - Not good enough... go.  

Agree with most of that, though I think Home, particularly if we're playing a back three, is more than good enough to start at this level. If we had an actual right (wing)back in the squad to play outside of him it would help.

I like Osadolor. He's not consistent and looks lazy but offers something different and is worth having in the squad for certain types of game.

Just before we chuck Max Wright I'd like to see him played right upfront with Goodwillie, just once or twice, as he looks the only player capable of running beyond him effectively.

Archived