Arbroath v Forfar

Another important game for us. Swankie and Skelly will still be unavailable, Doris out for season.

Assume ToB will be ok he had a sore back according to DC. Not too sure how we’ve been lining up in recent weeks, look like it’s been 3 at the back, 3 in centre midfield, Kader and Linn down each wing and Denholm and McCord upfront. Sort of a 3-5-2.

For Saturday only change I would make is McIntosh in for Kader who wasn’t his best yesterday. Get DD out wide again. Mcintosh looked a real presence upfront and seemed to really suit the way we play, also quick. I’d have Gomes but imagine jersey is Huttons and he’ll get another chance.

Hutton

Little

ToB

Hamilton

Denholm

Scott Martin

Whatley

Yule

Sir Robert Linn

McCord

McIntosh

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Injury ravaged squad prevents us from putting out anything close to our best side, on the pitch and on the bench.

Hopefully last week was an aberration  on the Weir revival train and we can squeeze something out of next week.

Tannoy guy to play "We didn't start the fire" for the entertainment of both home and away fans please.

@lichtie1320 Since we have become friends, I'll take you out for beer before the game.

As you know I'm over other side of the world, however on Saturday, I'll buy a beer for you I'll buy and drink, you can do the same!

Honesty, this will be shite 3- scud if we'er lucky.

C'MON Forfar, get into these fish smelling, marine pumping all their girls, little cocks, (living next to sea water, reduces the size of your manhood). we have not taken the infect of  wind and coldness, therefore we result are not inclusive.:)   

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s a derby and anything can happen. Wouldn’t be so pessimistic, think it could be close.

f**k up the only thing that will be close is me and you cheering a class. Sure do do. If you go to the game PM be your pint, Ill do the same,  from Thailand 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s a derby and anything can happen. Wouldn’t be so pessimistic, think it could be close.

I don't think it'll be very close and not pessimism just realism. Arbroath will have, on the whole, better players in better form that we will have on Saturday. We have improved in the League under Weir but seem to lose a player every week to  injury. Hopefully we can make a better showing than the 5-0 but I really can't see us troubling Arbroath unduly.

Be interesting to see Weir's reaction to Saturday. Apart from maybe...just maybe...Eddie Malone...Not one of the starting midfielders can consider their positions safe after that performance.

I fancy Lochhead will be replaced by Duthie. If Millar or Scott are even 80% fit, they could be starting ahead of Easton or Lewis.
Easy option (going on previous managers' preferences) is also to drop a youngster, so Matty could easily be replaced by Ousy or Josh.
Quigley will get another chance now. Rest of the defence should be the same.

1 up front was a disaster. Badly let down by all the midfield from the first minute onwards.

McCallum shaping up as an early contender for player of the year.

Be interesting to see Weir's reaction to Saturday. Apart from maybe...just maybe...Eddie Malone...Not one of the starting midfielders can consider their positions safe after that performance.

I fancy Lochhead will be replaced by Duthie. If Millar or Scott are even 80% fit, they could be starting ahead of Easton or Lewis.
Easy option (going on previous managers' preferences) is also to drop a youngster, so Matty could easily be replaced by Ousy or Josh.
Quigley will get another chance now. Rest of the defence should be the same.

1 up front was a disaster. Badly let down by all the midfield from the first minute onwards.

McCallum shaping up as an early contender for player of the year.

Interesting to see Charlie Adam tweet Jim Spence saying that you lads need to get a proper keeper in after your cup exit Saturday.

Think McCallum clearly the better of the 2. Maybe Grant feels similar to his brother too.

Interesting to see Charlie Adam tweet Jim Spence saying that you lads need to get a proper keeper in after your cup exit Saturday.

Think McCallum clearly the better of the 2. Maybe Grant feels similar to his brother too.

Saw that too and looking at our overall results, you might think a new keeper would be an easy change to make but McCallum has been in tremendous form of late.
Grant will just have to wait his turn I'm afraid.

Archived