Arbroath v Forfar

What a moment at the end that was. 

Forfar did everything  they could to disrupt the game and stopped us from getting any kind of rhythm, which is exactly what they needed to do. Fair play - it was effective and exactly what they needed to do. The only challenge I really took issue with was Malone on Denholm which having seen the highlights actually looks worse than it did yesterday. Can't believe the free kick given against McIntosh in the box. Unreal. 

Impressed with Easton and Bain for Forfar. Like most, had been impressed with McCallum in the past, but his antics yesterday didnt do him any favours.  Always looking for someone else to blame. His kicking was absolutely atrocious as well. Straight to Hutton every time.

Gold was excellent, TOB brilliant as usual and i thought Whatley had one of his best games of the season. And Bobby. Some boy.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching highlights I can’t decide if I enjoyed Bobbys winner or   McCallums early exit from the pitch,  Think he was down the tunnel before the ref finished blowing the whistle, Agree I liked him before yesterday but time wasting and chasing linesman all day changed that, 

Also think Davie Gold should of had his own Highlight real yesterday, Think Quigley will be having nightmares for days

Highlights seem to back up for me that there was some ridiculous decisions by the ref. The Malone challenge on Denholm is outrageous - vast majority of refs would give that as a straight red without giving it a second thought. The free kick for the Forfar goal looks debatable at best, and the free kick given where Hutton makes a good save and holds on is simply absurd - no foul committed whatsoever. Also, The penalty incident for ourselves where McIntosh was dragged down seems even more blatant on the highlights than it did at the time and I was watching the two of them from the moment it hit the bar - incredible that a free kick has been given the other way.

Outside of the major decisions mentioned above, the ref was awful in terms of many 50/ 50s given the wrong way, some ridiculous throw in decisions given to us and doing absolutely fucking nothing about time wasting when he could have nipped that in the bud by booking someone fairly early on for it. He didn't even have a word for a Forfar player once for it, when that was part of their tactic for over an hour of the game.

A very, very poor referring performance overall. Worth also mentioning that I thought Davie Gold was very lucky not to pick up at least a booking for his over the top challenge halfway through the second half. There was no intent in it, but he caught the Forfar player high and was over the top of the ball.

It's always excellent to win a game in the last minute, and almost everything about the circumstances for it to happen yesterday couldn't have been written better. I would say we were somewhat lucky to get the 3 points though and a draw would have been the fair result; Forfar obviously tried to exploit us down the wings (especially the left) with our new 3 at the back formation and while we won today we might need to have a wee think about that going forward if teams continually exploit us that way.

I wasn’t there so somebody help me. What was our starting formation and what did we change to when Denholm went off and Gold came on?

3 5 2 both before and after Denholm went off. Linn started on the right and switched when Gold came on. DC switched Gold and Linn for the last 10 mins which is why Bobby was on the right to bang in the winner.

8 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Forfar Athletic Football Club. 11 (eleven) points ahead last season and they bottled it. Then we took TOB, Swanks and Denholm. Beat them 5-0 in their own back garden, resulting in their manager losing his job. Now we’ve beaten them 2-1 with a last minute winner from a player they so desperately tried to sign two seasons ago. Have fun in your relegation scrap loons.

I quoted this as it's very typical of the smugness coming from the trawler men currently. The fish gutters need to enjoy this period as the tide (no pun intended) will undoubtedly turn sometime in the future and we land lovers should not forget the contempt these oilskin wearing simpletons hold us in. Revenge, unlike fish, is a dish best served cold.....

I quoted this as it's very typical of the smugness coming from the trawler men currently. The fish gutters need to enjoy this period as the tide (no pun intended) will undoubtedly turn sometime in the future and we land lovers should not forget the contempt these oilskin wearing simpletons hold us in. Revenge, unlike fish, is a dish best served cold.....

Cold fish is delicious

The state of some of the Smokies on here though? Blinkered beyond belief.

Bizarre comments about us time wasting, having tortured myself and sat through the highlights they show basically everytime McCallum collects the ball he's instantly kicking out. We are also rushing to take throw ins and free kicks. We were pushing to win the game. Don't get it.

Let's stop this nonsense once and for all.....Eddie Malone wins the ball FIRST which means no foul....watch it very closely like i did rather than just ranting and fucking raving. 

What ever happened to enjoying a derby win?

12 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

The state of some of the Smokies on here though? Blinkered beyond belief.

Bizarre comments about us time wasting, having tortured myself and sat through the highlights they show basically everytime McCallum collects the ball he's instantly kicking out. We are also rushing to take throw ins and free kicks. We were pushing to win the game. Don't get it.

The highlights should show highlights and if the amount of time wasting by McCallum had been included the highlights would have been about an hour long.

Enjoyable to read the sour grapes comments by supporters of a team whose main aim will be to reach the dizzy heights of the relegation play-offs this season. 

3 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Are you serious? :lol: 

Either trolling or lack a very basic understanding of the rules of football in 2017.

It helps if you have played at a serious level........i doubt you can even do 3 keepie up's...watch it closely, the fact Malone touches the ball first means no foul, Danny was just unlucky.

Just now, tbsouth said:

It helps if you have played at a serious level........i doubt you can even do 3 keepie up's...watch it closely, the fact Malone touches the ball first means no foul, Danny was just unlucky.

What an utterly bizarre 'big time' attitude you appear to have.... Your footballing ability, my footballing ability and Eddie Malone's footballing ability have absolutely f**k all to do with a basic understanding of the laws of the game in 2017.

Judging by your sneering attitude and your interpretation of the rules, I'm gonna make a guess that you played the game at a decentish level around the mid 70s and due to this still seem to think the rules are the same as they were then, and that your knowledge/ understanding of the game is superior to the rest of us.

Do you still scream for an indirect free kick when a keeper takes more than 4 steps holding the ball? :blink: 

Just now, SimonLichtie said:

What an utterly bizarre 'big time' attitude you appear to have.... Your footballing ability, my footballing ability and Eddie Malone's footballing ability have absolutely f**k all to do with a basic understanding of the laws of the game in 2017.

Judging by your sneering attitude and your interpretation of the rules, I'm gonna make a guess that you played the game at a decentish level around the mid 70s and due to this still seem to think the rules are the same as they were then, and that your knowledge/ understanding of the game is superior to the rest of us.

Do you still scream for an indirect free kick when a keeper takes more than 4 steps holding the ball? :blink: 

I am superior to you because you are a buffoon.....answer the question...what did Eddie touch first, Danny or the ball...it's a fucking simple answer...obviously wearing bifocals does not help your cause.

Just now, tbsouth said:

I am superior to you because you are a buffoon.....answer the question...what did Eddie touch first, Danny or the ball...it's a fucking simple answer...obviously wearing bifocals does not help your cause.

This is becoming very odd.

I didn't answer the question because it's absolutely irrelevant. To keep you happy, I'll give you an answer now; Malone clearly gets the ball before he gets Denholm. As I said though, that part is irrelevant.

If a player goes in for the ball, 5 foot off the ground with both feet, wins it and then follows through into the face of an opponent, is there nothing wrong with it as the player won the ball first?

If a player goes in for a ball at knee height, wildly out of control and wins it before clattering into the opposition player and breaking his leg, is that a perfectly acceptable challenge?

Your answers should be based on the laws of the game in the year we are currently in, which just to clear up any confusion is 2017 A.D.

I would also be happy to make a one way charity bet with you. If you can find, and directly quote/ link me to the rule which states if a player wins the ball it is not a foul, I will donate £100 to the charity of your choice. The laws of the game are readily available online, and if you're correct it will take you several minutes maximum to find and search them to prove me wrong and get a £100 donation for charity.

Archived