Arbroath v Forfar

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

See that 'gentlemans agreement' we have in place to not play Swankie against Forfar............

Well f**k em. After todays display from that mob we should make him available for selection.

They basically set out their team to kick the shite out of ours. Utter disgraceful tactics.

:lol:....Unfortunately there were no serious injuries on the Arbroath side......unless you can tell me differently?

It's a derby game , kicking the shit is allowed.....stop the fucking whinging ffs!! :lol:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See that 'gentlemans agreement' we have in place to not play Swankie against Forfar............

Well f**k em. After todays display from that mob we should make him available for selection.

They basically set out their team to kick the shite out of ours. Utter disgraceful tactics.

You would think you guys were angels today. Typical derby with fouls from both teams. The one one over the top on Malone was possibly the worst of the game.

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

You would think you guys were angels today. Typical derby with fouls from both teams. The one one over the top on Malone was possibly the worst of the game.

You guys set out to make it a brawl,nearly worked but not quite.

As I said earlier, two meaty tackles on DD early on, I can't remember another one.

Moving on from the tit-for-tat, your guy on the right wing had a blinder today. Quigley had no idea what to do with him, a real handful.

13 minutes ago, keptie said:

Todays game would have been considered a normal derby 10+ years ago. Nowadays the game is becoming more & more a non-contact sport, with the fans calling foul at good ol' meaty challenges not helping.  If we didn't have tackling in a game what would there be to moan about, apart from the Ref of course.

As I said earlier, two meaty tackles on DD early on, I can't remember another one.

Moving on from the tit-for-tat, your guy on the right wing had a blinder today. Quigley had no idea what to do with him, a real handful.

That man was David Gold

2 minutes ago, Kwaka Mal said:

Todays game would have been considered a normal derby 10+ years ago. Nowadays the game is becoming more & more a non-contact sport, with the fans calling foul at good ol' meaty challenges not helping.  If we didn't have tackling in a game what would there be to moan about, apart from the Ref of course.

Boo Hoo...poor Arbroath players.....pathetic isn't it?

Forfar  started with the intention to kick Arbroath off the park and almost succeeded, thankfully in the end they got their just desserts. Last week they received 5 yellow cards and this week it was 4, this speaks for its self. Weir and Sellars should be ashamed of their tactics.

Forfar  started with the intention to kick Arbroath off the park and almost succeeded, thankfully in the end they got their just desserts. Last week they received 5 yellow cards and this week it was 4, this speaks for its self. Weir and Sellars should be ashamed of their tactics.

And 3 of those yellows were for.......

Foul count was the same btw.

Meaty is not the word to describe tackles that can end careers.  I've just watched it again from my GoPro footage and it is a Red Card all day long.  He knew exactly what he was doing.   It gets worse the more times you watch it.   Physical approach, complaining to the referee , wasting time, running yards to hound officials, yellow cards for simulation.   

Maybe put that energy and effort and focus on playing football? 

5 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Physical approach, complaining to the referee , wasting time, running yards to hound officials, yellow cards for simulation.

Not something Arbroath have never done. No surley not.

Meaty is not the word to describe tackles that can end careers.  I've just watched it again from my GoPro footage and it is a Red Card all day long.  He knew exactly what he was doing.   It gets worse the more times you watch it.   Physical approach, complaining to the referee , wasting time, running yards to hound officials, yellow cards for simulation.   
Maybe put that energy and effort and focus on playing football? 

Take it that was the one on Malone?

14 minutes ago, loon said:

Fck me imagine the tears if Arbroath had actually lost.........

But we didn't......2-1 ;) suppose we're just used to watching silky rather than the fermers agricultural football.

Archived