Established Premiership Side VS Newly Promoted Hibernian

The proverbial game of two halves.
First half Hibs dominated, this was due to us playing what I call gap football, long balls back to front with our 2 smallest strikers up front can only work if your midfield are pushed on, in the first half our midfield were practically stationed no further advanced than 35 yards from our goal, the consequences of setting up like that is it gives the strikers little chance of getting the ball to stick. Almost every second ball in the first half was won by Hibs. Simon Murrays rocket gave Hibs a well deserved half time lead.
Some strong words at the break and a change in formation allowed us to slowly edge our way back into the game, Pushing Imrie up the park afforded us more options and created more opportunitys to be more offensive, although we never created many half chances never mind clear cut, the one chance we took was an excellent header from Rojano, ultimately Hibs piled the pressure on as the game drew to a conclusion but thankfully we held on, a draw being a good outcome for us considering the events of the previous 90 odd minutes.
Thats the match dealt with now to external activities that I feel must be addressed, can whoever that thought employing our tedious crass and extremely annoying PA announcer please sack him he is an embarrassment to the club, secondly having viewed N.Lennon's post match comments I just had to laugh, from a guy who earned a living and reputation for being a snidely little **** with fly kicks on opponents throughout his career to say Hamilton don't tackle but just kick his players is a totally crass and unprofessional statement to make. Rewind your career and justify your own actions before making unfounded claims in future Mr Lennon.

:lol:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Heads gone from Lennon. What a tosser. Can understand him being frustrated at not winning the game, but to come away with that raging tripe afterwords has cheered me right up. GIRFUY!
I thought Hibs were very good in the 1st half and at times passing us off the park. No surprise when they took the lead, but a couple of fine stops from Woods stopped them from killing the game off. Good header from Rojano. His workrate is phenomenal. Does a lot of tracking back too, so a good team player. Temps was quiet and Docherty not at his best. Did Imrie pick up the Motm award for his diving skills? I'd have gave it to McMann. I thought he played well today.

You do realise Lennon was deflecting from the result right 

In total control for an hour but we didn't do nearly enough with it. A familiar story really. I can remember one good chance from Hanlon (looked a great save) but considering we'd spent that time almost entirely in Hamilton's half, we really need to be creating more.

Eventually you could see Hamilton starting to play a bit higher up the park and typically the goal didn't take long to arrive. Great header, one of those that seems to be take an age to go in but placed perfectly. A bugbear of mine with this Hibs team is how badly we take advantage of teams opening up and chasing a game. On paper, we have players that you'd think would enjoy hitting teams on the counter but we never seem to kill games off in this situation.

Thinking the stadium announcer had an enjoyable afternoon in hospitality before this one :lol:

3 minutes ago, Cumdog35 said:

You do realise Lennon was deflecting from the result right 

He could have just said his team played well and were unlucky not to win, instead of talking out his arse. I was impreseed with his honest aftermatch comments when we won at Easter Road,  but he let himself down today.

Obviously very pleased with a point, we barely threatened them at all today, passing and movement with the ball was slow and sloppy, and we found it very difficult to even begin to find a way through them. Credit to Hibs thought they were very well organised, just their attack that let them down.

What a header from Rojano, definitely my man of the match, his work rate is fantastic, and he clearly has good technical ability, looking like he was worth the wait.

To many players not at it, in fact Rojano and Woods were the only pass marks for me. Docherty, Lyon and MacKinnon were all very poor today imo, which really crippled us, we lost nearly every battle in midfield. Templeton was also very quiet and Imrie was back to his usual awful self. Mcmann continues to irritate me with his lack of tackling, he never closes down wide men quick enough, which imo was the reason for Hibs goal.

Thought the ref was awful, and when I heard Lennons post match interview, i was shocked, he claimed they had no protection, Hibs were given a foul every time they went down, some were fouls, others were blatant fakery, Boyle a main suspect for this. Didn't hear much protesting from the hibs fans on this, so I'm assuming Lennon is the only deluded fool to actually believe that.

16 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Obviously very pleased with a point, we barely threatened them at all today, passing and movement with the ball was slow and sloppy, and we found it very difficult to even begin to find a way through them. Credit to Hibs thought they were very well organised, just their attack that let them down.

What a header from Rojano, definitely my man of the match, his work rate is fantastic, and he clearly has good technical ability, looking like he was worth the wait.

To many players not at it, in fact Rojano and Woods were the only pass marks for me. Docherty, Lyon and MacKinnon were all very poor today imo, which really crippled us, we lost nearly every battle in midfield. Templeton was also very quiet and Imrie was back to his usual awful self. Mcmann continues to irritate me with his lack of tackling, he never closes down wide men quick enough, which imo was the reason for Hibs goal.

Thought the ref was awful, and when I heard Lennons post match interview, i was shocked, he claimed they had no protection, Hibs were given a foul every time they went down, some were fouls, others were blatant fakery, Boyle a main suspect for this. Didn't hear much protesting from the hibs fans on this, so I'm assuming Lennon is the only deluded fool to actually believe that.

I did think Hamilton were a bit agricultural with the fouling tbh. Lots of cynical wee hacks once the man was beaten and general shithousery on display. Nothing we shouldn't expect or be able to deal with though. The ref did book 5 of your players and we had lots of set pieces in dangerous areas. A more clinical team would've used that to our advantage instead of hitting the first man every time and conceding from one of the first decent balls into our box all day.

The ref certainly wasn't the reason we dropped points there. I'm sure Lennon knows this and the deflection tactics are a bit of pantomime. I'm not sure why folk seem to take it so seriously.

Edit: In terms of pish officiating, shout out the temporary stand linesman. One of the best waiting for the ref/players to make up his mind performances I've seen in a long time. Boy didn't have a fucking scooby what was going on :lol:

Chatted with a few Hibs fans after the game today, not 1 mentioned our physicality, if Lennon wants his players protected by officials I suggest Hibernian FC resign from the SPFL and reform and participate in the British national basketball league.

if Lennon wants his players protected by officials I suggest Hibernian FC resign from the SPFL and reform and participate in the British national basketball league.

Thought we’d moved on from this kind of bigotry. Evidently not. Sad to see.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's football fans for you. I'm sure if Canning came out and said similar things about Hibs then a few Hibees would have something to say about it.

Lennon is such a cartoon character that it's difficult to take much of anything he say seriously, especially blatant deflection tactics like today. At least make it somewhat believable. The hyperbole kills the effectiveness.

I wouldn't disagree, stuff like today is just a bit tiresome more than anything else.

The flip side of it for me is that he's taken us from being a bit of a bitch team at times to playing like a gang of absolute scumbags in big games, which I enjoy quite a lot. I'm not sure if his kiddy on perma-raging persona has any influence on that but on the off-chance that it does, I'm happy to put up with his occasionally tedious whinging.

4 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

I honestly cannot remember the last time Accies have had a shite keeper.

Tomas Cerny 2009-2012

Kevin Cuthbert 2012-2014 (Hero)

Michael McGovern 2014-2016

Gary Woods 2016-

Honourable mention to Remi as well.

Don't think I've ever related less to a post on P&B than this.

8 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

I honestly cannot remember the last time Accies have had a shite keeper.

Tomas Cerny 2009-2012

Kevin Cuthbert 2012-2014 (Hero)

Michael McGovern 2014-2016

Gary Woods 2016-

Honourable mention to Remi as well.

Seems to be a Lanarkshire trait, both Motherwell and ourselves have recruited excellent goalies this last decade.

eta the notable exception being Samson

Archived