Ur Next v Ayr United

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can David Ferguson play across the back 4?

He’s been comfortable at both RB and LB this season. Started the Arbroath game at CB with Rose and Arbroath should’ve been 2 or 3 up before McCall switched things around a bit.

Starting to feel human again after Saturday’s long trip and looking forward to the game this weekend. Against an on-form Alloa side I’m guessing McCall with revert back to the 2 up top with Moore dropping back on to the bench. I think the MSM trio from the start will be saved for the home games. 

Bit of a blow with Boyle  being out for 4-6 weeks but we’ve got strength and depth so shouldn’t be too much of an issue. Don’t understand why Reid is getting so much stick, he’s been absoulotely fine.

Id go

Hart 

Reid

Rose

Higgins

Ferguaon

McDaid

Geggan

Docherty

Crawford

Shankland

Moffat

subs- Avci, Waite, Gilmour, McGuffie, McCowan, Forrest , Moore 

Starting to feel human again after Saturday’s long trip and looking forward to the game this weekend. Against an on-form Alloa side I’m guessing McCall with revert back to the 2 up top with Moore dropping back on to the bench. I think the MSM trio from the start will be saved for the home games. 
Bit of a blow with Boyle  being out for 4-6 weeks but we’ve got strength and depth so shouldn’t be too much of an issue. Don’t understand why Reid is getting so much stick, he’s been absoulotely fine.
Id go
Hart 

Reid
Rose
Higgins
Ferguaon

McDaid
Geggan
Docherty
Crawford

Shankland
Moffat

subs- Avci, Waite, Gilmour, McGuffie, McCowan, Forrest , Moore 

I agree re Reid. With the exception of the mistake in the Stranraer game he’s been pretty solid. He’s certainly a more defensive full back and will rarely get forward.

I’d be interested to see if McCall does get a LB in and who it is?

39 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I agree re Reid. With the exception of the mistake in the Stranraer game he’s been pretty solid. He’s certainly a more defensive full back and will rarely get forward.

I’d be interested to see if McCall does get a LB in and who it is?

No idea- Daniel Harvie from Aberdeen who was at Dumbarton last season perhaps? 

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

Is Higgins back for this one? Tend to agree about Reid. He's no way a starter for me when everyone but no issue with him playing when needed, we've had far worse at this level.

Really need Higgins back and Geggan also in defence. You can get away with playing a couple of Rose, Hart , Ferguson and Reid alongside them but too many at the one time and the start of season schoolboy errors will resume. 

19 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Really need Higgins back and Geggan also in defence. You can get away with playing a couple of Rose, Hart , Ferguson and Reid alongside them but too many at the one time and the start of season schoolboy errors will resume.

That's very harsh, both Rose and Ferguson have been very good this season. I was one of Michael Rose's biggest critics last season but hes really came on to a game. Hart is also looking more solid with every passing week.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That's very harsh, both Rose and Ferguson have been very good this season. I was one of Michael Rose's biggest critics last season but hes really came on to a game. Hart is also looking more solid with every passing week.

Very good is stretching it. When your forwards and midfield are up their with the best in the league the defence gets an easier time of it. Rose is improving but some of his basic errors get overlooked because he can pass the ball like a midfielder. Ferguson would be lucky to start for most of the teams in this league. Pretty solid at defending but slows our attack down and gives possession away as can’t play with the ball at his feet. Didn’t make Aberdeen last week but the one thing causing Hart problems was glaring for the first penalty. Whilst our attacking play will ensure we have a great chance of winning the league our defence is far from being decent at this level currently. 

Archived