Ur Next v Ayr United

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was simply outstanding from Ayr today.  Guts ripped out the midfield and I think we were fearing the worst.  But a level of resilience i wasn't sure we were capable of.  Docherty can frustrate at times with his loose passing, but he was absolutely immense.  But what about Michael Moffat?  Midfield maestro.  Who knew?

Special mention for the Alloa no 3, AKA Mr Jazz Hands.  If you are going to wind up the opposition, you really need to back it up.

Just hope we haven't paid too heavy a price with Crawford and Geggan.

Entertaining game today. We played really well after losing a softish early goal when I thought we lost concentration looking for a foul for Shankland's nudge on Andy Graham.

We still lack real quality up front, but can have no complaints about the effort from the whole team today.

Ayr look a decent side, with no apparent weaknesses and have options up front. Thought we deserved a point though.

That was simply outstanding from Ayr today.  Guts ripped out the midfield and I think we were fearing the worst.  But a level of resilience i wasn't sure we were capable of.  Docherty can frustrate at times with his loose passing, but he was absolutely immense.  But what about Michael Moffat?  Midfield maestro.  Who knew?
Special mention for the Alloa no 3, AKA Mr Jazz Hands.  If you are going to wind up the opposition, you really need to back it up.
Just hope we haven't paid too heavy a price with Crawford and Geggan.

Have to say the Alloa full back had a nightmare after claiming the pantomime baddie role. If you want to take on the crowd back it up with a performance mate!

374 Ayr fans out 854, away to Alloa on a baltic November saturday.
Super Ayr!!!

Not that great for a time who fans believe they are 4th biggest team in Scotland plus 3 thrown out for fighting amongst themselves [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

RR doubled 374 this season already

Not that great for a time who fans believe they are 4th biggest team in Scotland plus 3 thrown out for fighting amongst themselves [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What is the distance between Alloa & Kirkcaldy? Probably about half the distance from Ayr to Alloa and with no snow and Baltic conditions. Everyone knows who the big team is in this league

8 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Not that great for a time who fans believe they are 4th biggest team in Scotland plus 3 thrown out for fighting amongst themselves emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

OK, I'll bite

RR only brought just over 100 to us for a top of the table clash. They clearly only travel within a 15 mile radius.

We have the largest travelling support in the league. 

Oh, yes, and we just pumped you.

Enjoy your night.

The actual state of this [emoji23]
Back to Minecraft for you.

I thought a draw would have been a fair result as we had played well for large parts of the game and at least deserved it. I thought bringing Cook on instead of Martin was the wrong call. I also think that the attacking threat Taggart brings to the team is greater than what he contributes to the centre back role. Injuries permitting then he should be switched to RB and get Frank back in at CB. Crane and Robbo are both competent at full back but don't pose the same threat going forward. Nothing to be too upset about as it was still a decent display.

I must admit I'm jealous of the Ayr fans. It must be some accolade to be the biggest team in the third tier of Scottish football. Stuff dreams are made of.

Not a game that we deserved to lose.

Alan Cook coming on is a very strange one, he's becoming a strong contender for the most utterly useless Alloa player in my lifetime, hasn't contributed a single thing all season.

Flanny shouldn't have let him anywhere near the ball for the free kick at the end.

We started the game well but losing the heart of our midfield after 15 minutes was a major blow. Alloa dominated the midfield for long spells but created very little whilst we really should've been ahead by a couple of goals. Once they equalised I feared the worst but we went up a gear and probably just about deserved the win.

31 minutes ago, BigMartyn86 said:

I thought a draw would have been a fair result as we had played well for large parts of the game and at least deserved it. I thought bringing Cook on instead of Martin was the wrong call. I also think that the attacking threat Taggart brings to the team is greater than what he contributes to the centre back role. Injuries permitting then he should be switched to RB and get Frank back in at CB. Crane and Robbo are both competent at full back but don't pose the same threat going forward. Nothing to be too upset about as it was still a decent display.

I must admit I'm jealous of the Ayr fans. It must be some accolade to be the biggest team in the third tier of Scottish football. Stuff dreams are made of.

Christ must be right shite being a poncy diddy.

Archived