Ur Next v Ayr United

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing that we’re just using this for the Alloa game.

Higgins should be back and hopefully Boyle is ok to play. We know that Adams won’t play on this surface so he’ll be a huge miss.

Hart

Ferguson
Rose
Higgins
Boyle

McDaid
Docherty
Geggan
Crawford

Moffat
Shankland

I’ll say 4-1 Ayr

I would revert back to 442, but go with Moore and Shankland for this one. They 2 plus McDaid getting the goals last week all confident and on form, Moff the ace up our sleeves if things aren’t going well:

Hart

Ferguson Rose Higgins Boyle

McDaid Geggan Docherty Crawford 

Moore Shankland 

Subs: Avci, Reid, Waite, Faulds, McGuffie, Forrest, Moff

3-1 Moore x2, Shankland 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I would revert back to 442, but go with Moore and Shankland for this one. They 2 plus McDaid getting the goals last week all confident and on form, Moff the ace up our sleeves if things aren’t going well:

Hart

Ferguson Rose Higgins Boyle

McDaid Geggan Docherty Crawford 

Moore Shankland 

Subs: Avci, Reid, Waite, Faulds, McGuffie, Forrest, Moff

3-1 Moore x2, Shankland 

We're getting too cocky if we start thinking we're good enough to bench the Moffs of this world.

I would imagine Moffat to be the least effective off the bench of the three (four if we include McDaid). Needs to start if he's playing.

And out of the 3 strikers Moore is the most effective coming off the bench. Bring him on after an hour and let him run Alloa’s tired defenders ragged.

40 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

We're getting too cocky if we start thinking we're good enough to bench the Moffs of this world.

Moore is our top scorer in all comps, if being cocky is wanting him starting then I guess I’m being cocky.

30 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

And out of the 3 strikers Moore is the most effective coming off the bench. Bring him on after an hour and let him run Alloa’s tired defenders ragged.

He’s the only one who’s came off the bench and continuously scores goals. We seem to be focussed on keeping Shankland that Moore is constantly out the picture. He’s just as important IMO and over the course of the next few years probably has a future here. If he’s struggling to start games and still doing the business then other clubs will start to circle and he could see his future elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Moore is our top scorer in all comps, if being cocky is wanting him starting then I guess I’m being cocky.

He’s the only one who’s came off the bench and continuously scores goals. We seem to be focussed on keeping Shankland that Moore is constantly out the picture. He’s just as important IMO and over the course of the next few years probably has a future here. If he’s struggling to start games and still doing the business then other clubs will start to circle and he could see his future elsewhere.

Moore is more effective coming off the bench as he avoids injury and can now play a part most weeks. 

2 minutes ago, mcqbez said:

Well I’m offended by the twats previously who think you just need to turn up and get a 4-0 or 4-1...

Hope we stuff you...

And besides nobody likes Ayr Utd...

Its only Alloa we are playing 

Archived