Queens v Montrose

Northfield 53

Fine finish from Lyle.
Wasn`t there last night but thought Lyle was poor on Saturday.  Pleased to see him get on the score sheet.
Rooney isn`t a good RB. He`s OK going forward but his defensive positioning and decision making is poor. 
Kerr back in and Fordyce to RB on saturday hopefully.

Lyle wasn’t much better last night, but quality finish. Don’t think you’ll need to be hopeful much, it’s an absolute stick on to happen.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night was always going to be a difficult one with Montrose sitting in. The result was the important thing and great to get Dobbie and Del on the score sheet. Into the next round with Partick calling after the winter break, hopefully we can catch them cold!

26 minutes ago, hellohellohowdoudo said:

Not to be for us but so glad it never went to ET as we never got home till 0215.

Ah well time for the league.

Class act Faddy applauding us visitors. Hats off to you Sir.

Good luck to QoS in next round against Partick

It`s a fair old trek but that seems very late :o

1 hour ago, hellohellohowdoudo said:

Not to be for us but so glad it never went to ET as we never got home till 0215.

36 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

ET got home quicker.

36 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Minibus is speed limited and the hungry Horace’s needed fed at McDonald’s.  Throw in some diversions in Glasgow and it was a late arrival home.

the game itself wasn’t the best, however one thing that Naysmith learnt about us was closing down our 2 wing backs and that stopped us a bit.  We pushed towards the end but wasn’t enough.  

Take me heart that we’ve pushed a Championship team in the play Off spot all the way.  

As has has been said back to he league which has always been our priority

Montrose maybe sat in a bit but they were by no means negative. It looked like a back 3 to me.

It was certainly more a case of us being so poor we were unable to break them down rather than them parking the bus. Even when they won it back they tried playing the ball out from the back. I was actually impressed with Montrose last night. They never threatened but they were trying to play football and it's easy to see why they're right up there in their division.

Seeing Templeman was some blast from the past. He looks done but fair play to the guy for still going at 37.

Didn't make the midweek trip from Aberdeen. Highlight observations:
Never mind Fleming for their first, or the cameraman catching Foxy's belly side on; it's just good to hear another stadium announcer giving it laldy when a home goal goes in!
All the best Queens: I've seen you twice this year which is enough for a wee while.

Didn't make the midweek trip from Aberdeen. Highlight observations:
Never mind Fleming for their first, or the cameraman catching Foxy's belly side on; it's just good to hear another stadium announcer giving it laldy when a home goal goes in!
All the best Queens: I've seen you twice this year which is enough for a wee while.

I could be wrong but I'm certain that's pre-recorded.

Archived