Queens v Montrose

Northfield 53

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't think either side will need any more incentive to go out and win tomorrow night now with that glamour tie in the pipeline.

Fair pricing from the clubs.

A struggling Premiership side with a decent sized support is a happy medium between a winnable tie and a decent gate.

Looking forward to someone complaining about the price when we are technically charging less than a league 2 side.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A struggling Premiership side with a decent sized support is a happy medium between a winnable tie and a decent gate.

Looking forward to someone complaining about the price when we are technically charging less than a league 2 side.

It could have been a lot worse in all honesty. It's at home so no real complaints. I can't see it drawing many floating fans but Thistle travel well as you say. I wonder if that zoomer Thistle will fan will appear if we get through to the game.

I think that's a cracking price for tomorrow.

A work commitment I'd bloody forgotten about is getting in the way of this tonight.  
I'll maybe make it in for extra time and lottery kicks.  

If we don't win in 90 minutes I wouldn't bother as we know what way it'll go from then. We never have the winning ticket, such an unlucky club.

If it goes to extra time I will be distraught over the looming prospect of penalties.

I'm sure the manager would like to mix things up a bit tonight given the number of games coming up, but the number of absentees makes that unlikely.  The back 5 will presumably be the same, and although he has the option to bring Tapping in for one of Jacobs or Rankin I don't think anyone would be particularly happy if he did.

That leaves the two wide areas up for grabs, plus a place alongside Dobbie.  How did Stirling do on Saturday did he grab his opportunity or continue his very beige form when played from the start in games?  Dykes did well going by most reports.  Dykes at his best starts every game but the problem is you don't know what you are going to get.  He is far better up front than he is out wide.  Does he deserve to start their over Lyle though that is the question?  Despite looking more comfortable out wide than Dykes, Murray hasn't really made the position his own. 

McFadden's form makes him a starter but Naysmith will have to use him wisely in this congested period.

I'll hazard a guess at the following - 

Martin

Rooney Fordyce Brownlie Marshall

Murray Jacobs Rankin McFadden

Dykes Dobbie

An early goal, followed by another one shortly after would be ideal to settle the nerves.  It wouldn't be Queens without making hard work of it though.  Montrose have already shown in two games against us that they are no mugs.

Absolutely fucking dreaadful stuff. We've had the majority of possession but we've done next to nothing with it. The most disappointing/infuriating thing is that only one side is trying to play football on the deck and it sure as hell aint us. Route 1 shite from us that has brought absolutely no joy yet we've continued to do it! No surprise Montrose were the side to score from open play.

No idea why McFadden hasn't started and Stirling must be wondering what he's done to piss Naysmith off. I'm all for developing youth but Murray has been anonymous again.

They seriously need to get their fingers out their arses because the longer this goes the more I'd fancy Montrose for the win.

Montrose are a well organised side but with no shots on target to have them equalise on HT is v. disappointing. ( following live updates). The game on Saturday desperately needed goals - at least that has been improved on.

Absolutely fucking dreaadful stuff. We've had the majority of possession but we've done next to nothing with it. The most disappointing/infuriating thing is that only one side is trying to play football on the deck and it sure as hell aint us. Route 1 shite from us that has brought absolutely no joy yet we've continued to do it! No surprise Montrose were the side to score from open play.

No idea why McFadden hasn't started and Stirling must be wondering what he's done to piss Naysmith off. I'm all for developing youth but Murray has been anonymous again.

They seriously need to get their fingers out their arses because the longer this goes the more I'd fancy Montrose for the win.

Thanks for the update. Couldn’t make it tonight but looks like I’ve had a lucky escape so far.
Hopefully we can get a better performance 2nd half and put this game to bed before the dreaded penalties!!!

Montrose are a well organised side but with no shots on target to have them equalise on HT is v. disappointing. ( following live updates). The game on Saturday desperately needed goals - at least that has been improved on.

We had 4 shots on target but all were comfortable for the gk.

Archived