New Stadia

Lokloyal

Broadwood rapidly becoming a shit house , broken seats not being replaced , rubbish from previous games still lying about .Nothing against either Colts or Clyde have been to see both .Sometimes think that people are not interested in enough numbers to make things viable for these teams to survive in the long term .Ground sharing at Guys Meadow could indeed benefit both but again it would require major investment and joined up thinking .I personally would pass on Broadwood and let NLC take it on the chin .

Agree Wholeheartedly. Seats broken everywhere and always,litter in the aisles. But surely it's up to NLC to clean it ? Rugby seems to be new love for NLC just now.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, tommyboy said:

I'll have to take your word on the angel snowflakes as I don' know anyone who fits that description, and if you think that bile's acceptable at any level then it's time you had a long look a yourself. 

I don't know anyone who fits that description either but there's lots on here trying too,  being offended at a few choice words on a forum to probably shouting all sorts of obscenities on match day they have cheek.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

I don't know anyone who fits that description either but there's lots on here trying too,  being offended at a few choice words on a forum to probably shouting all sorts of obscenities on match day they have cheek.

You don't know anyone who fits the description yet you told us that 'on pie and bovril  every fecker is a straight talking angel all snowflake like'?? Doesn't make a lot of sense,k. And of course you'll be able to provide some evidence to back up the bit in bold.:)

On 11/21/2017 at 18:53, tommyboy said:

Sectarianism-Excessive attachment to a particular sect or party....'My heart will always belong to the present Scottish champions'   Celtic.

Bigot- A person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions ... Well,unless you happen to be a Tolkien fan,I'm pretty sure that your reference to the Orcs and your regret that the 'festering corpse'...some real tolerance right there...survived for another year was directed at folk associated with Glasgow Rangers,folk who no doubt hold different opinions to yours.

And of course,so far,it's only you who has used the word 'religion'. 

my reference regarding festering corpse had and has nothing to do with 50000 guys and gals who turn up every other week to support their heroes it related to the amoral corporate entity that showed no shame or willingness to accept that it's financial practices were beyond acceptable

Prefer a good grass surface to Astro at the moment until it equates but it's getting closer I believe.

On the original topic I don't think through all the posts I have actually had a response from anyone on Rob Roy?

Any update at all?

On 17/11/2017 at 23:23, Lokloyal said:

Would be good to know what the timeframe is for Rob Roy and Clydebank as keen to see their new grounds-anyone have an update on progress?

I agree, and also what about Inverness City, who need a new ground or face being homeless in 2018 ?

Also East Stirlingshire who want to leave Ochielview (see the Pie Shop's "Shire Thread" and alternative ground suggestions forES) 

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

I agree, and also what about Inverness City, who need a new ground or face being homeless in 2018 ?

Also East Stirlingshire who want to leave Ochielview (see the Pie Shop's "Shire Thread" and alternative ground suggestions forES) 

City are moving to the village of Kirkhill next season, with a lease until 2030.

Lease on their Bught pitch was extended until the end of the season to tide them over until the Kirkhill pitch is brought up to standard.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/inverness/1347654/extension-to-lease-saves-inverness-city-fc-from-folding/

On 11/21/2017 at 06:30, Village elder said:

George Watson invested heavily this year in new drainage for the pitch .Time will tell if there is any improvement - here's hoping . Live TV and flexible kick off times has had an undoubted negative impact on junior clubs too .Who knows how long the Roy will be with us I believe the Great Wall of China was started and finished quicker .There is also the as yet not fully substantiated claims coming from the U S of A that there is a link between the artificial surfaces and cancer ,but we have to remember they also elected Trump and want to build a big wall as well - perhaps they should speak with the Roys architect, so we will have to watch this space for developments there.I have been reviled and maligned in other posts as I cannot stand the "plastic " .I have never once said that it was wrong just not for me simply a choice thing ......I do understand why clubs are going down this path , i accept that for some it has been a raging success but the income generation thing , which is essential for upkeep and eventual replacement , will not be the cash cow it was .Within easy commuting from my house I have Broadwood , Abronhill , Ravenswood , Airdrie Fc , Airdrie sports center , Glasgow ,falkirk , Croy , Kilsyth  ,Larbert to name but a few all with competing plastic pitches .Even spoke with the guy at Alloa about the installation maintenance and replacement costs we would all need benefactors like Largs Thistle to survive this .I would love to see Junior football not only survive but grow but  not at any cost

The link is not plastic pitches and cancer, the link is the rubber pellets and cancer. A lot of the rubber pellets come from old car tires. In the US, the composition is slightly different and includes several known carcinogenics. In the UK(And EU I think) the carcinogenic elements are banned from use for that purpose so it isn't an issue.

20 hours ago, tommyboy said:

You don't know anyone who fits the description yet you told us that 'on pie and bovril  every fecker is a straight talking angel all snowflake like'?? Doesn't make a lot of sense,k. And of course you'll be able to provide some evidence to back up the bit in bold.:)

Your confusing yourself now,  relax have a cup of tea. As for the proving it part that's not needed as I've yet to meet a football fan who doesn't use choice words at the football......well unless your not a football fan at all and are just on here to act all snowflake.

2 hours ago, kenny131 said:

Your confusing yourself now,  relax have a cup of tea. As for the proving it part that's not needed as I've yet to meet a football fan who doesn't use choice words at the football......well unless your not a football fan at all and are just on here to act all snowflake.

Oh dear Kenny,you really are going all out to consolidate your forum simpleton status.:lol: Now give your forehead a wee rest from the keyboard then come back with something that's as close as you can get to a sensible contribution,as I'm pretty sure that the angel/snowflakes that you seem so fond of really only exist in that mixed-up wee heid of yours.:1eye

Interesting, though hardly surprising,is that the bit in bold seems to confirm that you're one of the guys who believes that their admission money entitles them to give out whatever kind of abuse they imagine is merited to players and officials alike. Probably just coincidence but this behaviour is much less in evidence in the Amateur game where there's no barrier between the players and punters.Wonder why that is,k?

PS  Is the 131 in your user name actually your ward number,bud? :huh:

12 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Oh dear Kenny,you really are going all out to consolidate your forum simpleton status.:lol: Now give your forehead a wee rest from the keyboard then come back with something that's as close as you can get to a sensible contribution,as I'm pretty sure that the angel/snowflakes that you seem so fond of really only exist in that mixed-up wee heid of yours.:1eye

Interesting, though hardly surprising,is that the bit in bold seems to confirm that you're one of the guys who believes that their admission money entitles them to give out whatever kind of abuse they imagine is merited to players and officials alike. Probably just coincidence but this behaviour is much less in evidence in the Amateur game where there's no barrier between the players and punters.Wonder why that is,k?

PS  Is the 131 in your user name actually your ward number,bud? :huh:

Meltdown central ha ha.

23 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Any chance of sticking to the subject? :rolleyes:

good point .from my limited experiences with the juniors have to say i have thoroughly enjoyed visits to ardrossan , tayport , linlithgow , boness camelon and most of all sauchie and hill of beath and thornton hibs oh oakley too petershill gartcairn , rossvale and renfrew at best boring and featureless and not for me 

36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Anyway back to the point.

What is Lochee Harp's new ground going to look like, their old one lacked any cover from memory, is there going to be anything at the new place? lights? 3G or grass?

I'll answer my own question, some more info here. 3G pitch and pavilion to accommodate a boxing club as well, which also shared the land the old ground sat on;

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/230107/new-home-lochee-harp-st-francis-boxing-club-motor-groups-10m-plan/

newton was mistaken .perhaps eventually i will have to watch a team in a grass only league

What an absolute beautiful day for football. Pitty I couldn't watch a cracking game at Guymuir due to postponement. I'll watch the Colts on that plastic thingymagig pitch instead.

Archived