Lokloyal

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Would be good to know what the timeframe is for Rob Roy

Sometime this Millennium.

Maybe.

Lets not be disrespectful to Yoker here, because its not just Clydebank's ground. However the time frame i'm told is that construction will begin in april and be finished by August/september for stage 1.

What is "stage 1" ? Five months seems very short. Glencairn's ground took over 18 months to build.

Oh do Glens have a new stadium? default_tongue.png
Yeh, I think ideally new changing facilities and a bar thats accessible would be great but are more a luxury than a necessity.

If the plan is to rent it out for 7 a sides then I would think new dressing rooms are a necessity. I don't know anywhere that uses an artificial pitch solely for 11 a sides, you can bring in much more revenue splitting the pitch in to 3 for 7 a sides.

Thanks-have Clydebank given up on sourcing their own ground now?There was a site being looked at before I know.It will be good to see Yoker upgraded-how is the finance being raised as it's all expensive stuff?

Rob Roy seems never ending.Has any work of any kind started on the new site?

Not more artificial surfaces!

Lets get back to grass or even black ash.

I accept it is more difficult for west sides because of the wet climate but I haven’t yet been to one of the new build stadia which has any decent atmosphere compared to their old equivalent including Petershill, Benburb, Renfrew, St Anthony’s or West fans should visit Linlithgow, Bo’ness, Bonnyrigg' Musselburgh, Penicuik or Bathgate for a traditional game which still permits slide tackles, diving headers and atmosphere similar to Talbot or Pollok or Meadow or the Buffs.

However the only way clubs can get financial assistance to develop their grounds is to adopt the community model.   This model was introduced to encourage exercise and sport, a good thing, but has failed to raise the level of the game at senior or junior level.  Meantime the Seniors discourage the development of most decent youngsters by signing them up as boys and ditching them at 17 while signing mediocre foreign players.

The situation might change after Brexit when clubs will have to show a lack of home grown players and European players will require a work permit.

just my opinions and no doubt many fans of junior football will disagree

10 hours ago, Dreghorn said:

I accept it is more difficult for west sides because of the wet climate but I haven’t yet been to one of the new build stadia which has any decent atmosphere compared to their old equivalent including Petershill, Benburb, Renfrew, St Anthony’s or West fans should visit Linlithgow, Bo’ness, Bonnyrigg' Musselburgh, Penicuik or Bathgate for a traditional game which still permits slide tackles, diving headers and atmosphere similar to Talbot or Pollok or Meadow or the Buffs.

However the only way clubs can get financial assistance to develop their grounds is to adopt the community model.   This model was introduced to encourage exercise and sport, a good thing, but has failed to raise the level of the game at senior or junior level.  Meantime the Seniors discourage the development of most decent youngsters by signing them up as boys and ditching them at 17 while signing mediocre foreign players.

The situation might change after Brexit when clubs will have to show a lack of home grown players and European players will require a work permit.

Agree with some of your points .Call me a hysterical bitch but should my club move towards  a plastic playing surface I shall go elsewhere . As a revenue source  plastic is now a burst balloon .The bandwagon can take no more . Petershill , Renfrew ,Rossvale , Carluke and Gartcairn in the west to name but 5 are all grounds I will avoid going to should my chaps be scheduled to play there been at most of them and I would rather spend time at the dentist . 

Agree with some of your points .Call me a hysterical bitch but should my club move towards  a plastic playing surface I shall go elsewhere . As a revenue source  plastic is now a burst balloon .The bandwagon can take no more . Petershill , Renfrew ,Rossvale , Carluke and Gartcairn in the west to name but 5 are all grounds I will avoid going to should my chaps be scheduled to play there been at most of them and I would rather spend time at the dentist . 

I’m sure your team appreciates your support.

54 minutes ago, Village elder said:

Let's play on pitches made of solid coal with NUM donkey jaikets fur goalposts in shite weather then drive hame in our ford cortinas and watch four channel telly with a wee can of tennents with a burd oan the can and a plate of crispy pankakes (nane of that foreign muck).  mon the juniors .

The Ants is grass!

I like how Dreghorn hates artificial surfaces and yet last season had a massive meltdown on here when the Wee Rose game at Maryhill (grass) was postponed. 

...and by the way you can slide tackle and do diving headers on artificial pitches, its this kind of backwards thinking that holds back the Junior game.

I like how Dreghorn hates artificial surfaces and yet last season had a massive meltdown on here when the Wee Rose game at Maryhill (grass) was postponed. 
...and by the way you can slide tackle and do diving headers on artificial pitches, its this kind of backwards thinking that holds back the Junior game.

And the technology has moved on so much that goalies don't even need to wear trackie bottoms now.

Archived