Beith v Hurlford 18th Nov

ex-german exile

6 hours ago, ex-german exile said:

Heard that the road thru Barmill is closed this weekend. Does anybody have any details?

Yes it is shut  If you come that way you will have to go up the road another 2 miles to Lugton and go that way Quickest way is probably up  Kilmarnock by pass cut off at Fenwick  head to Stewarton  then Dunlop  then Lugton then Beith  Just keep following the main road going right when you pass the pub at Dunlop to get to Lugton

Just in and browsing, driving tonight so sober unfortunately! Might be at this game, way to go IMO dual carriageway  to kilwinning , then easy from there to Beith.

That would be the way I would go every time , no need to be going through wee postman pat like Ayrshire Towns and hillbilly territories ; up the motorway hit kilwinning turn right for kilwinning academy and dalry then onto beith

Probably best heading via Kilwinning (as previously mentioned). Construction work has now started on the new Dalry bypass on the A737 (at Wilsons auctions) and also temporarily traffic lights (also on the A737) between Dalry and Beith. Although any delays should be minimal.

11 hours ago, djorkiev said:

Just in and browsing, driving tonight so sober unfortunately! Might be at this game, way to go IMO dual carriageway  to kilwinning , then easy from there to Beith.

If any body is ever heading to Beith and is on the Kilwinning dual carriageway without doubt the quickest way is rather than cut off and have to go through Kilwinning is to go straight through the  Kilwinning  roundabout up the dual carriageway2 miles to the next roundabout and take the B714 in to Dalry Not the best road in the world but you are only 5 miles to Dalry

If any body is ever heading to Beith and is on the Kilwinning dual carriageway without doubt the quickest way is rather than cut off and have to go through Kilwinning is to go straight through the  Kilwinning  roundabout up the dual carriageway2 miles to the next roundabout and take the B714 in to Dalry Not the best road in the world but you are only 5 miles to Dalry

Good first half performance and another second half collapse from Hurlford today. Thought we slightly edged the first half, but even at the break was probably fair. Beith were by far the better side second half, although unlike last week where we capitulated against an average Rob Roy side, I thought Beith looked a good side playing up the hill. They are full of dangerous players going forward and their first and third goals were great moves at pace.

Strange team selection for me for hurlford leaving Robertson and Kean on the bench (both came on).  Thought Beith looks the more dangerous throughout and Hurlford did not create much in a first half that turned into a slog match, much better from Beith in the second half and could have scored a couple more.  

Out f idle interest what has Milliken's goalscoring return been like so far for Beith? 

Milky has an excellent work rate for me , it's amazing and second to none , clever and brings others into the game , misses lots of very good chances though and a few one on ones , he's scored a few goals for us though and is more of a link up player than a goalscorer for me , he's played in the vast majority of the games and we are sitting top of the league and in all the cups so it's all going well I would say .

19 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Out f idle interest what has Milliken's goalscoring return been like so far for Beith? 

5 goals from 12 starts  1 sub appearance  (9 assists)  so not all about the goals he has set up a good few as well. 

1 minute ago, theshed said:

Milky has an excellent work rate for me , it's amazing and second to none , clever and brings others into the game , misses lots of very good chances though and a few one on ones , he's scored a few goals for us though and is more of a link up player than a goalscorer for me , he's played in the vast majority of the games and we are sitting top of the league and in all the cups so it's all going well I would say .

1 minute ago, beithboy said:

5 goals from 12 starts  1 sub appearance  (9 assists)  so not all about the goals he has set up a good few as well. 

Cheers.

Sounds like Milky being Milky then!  He works his socks off more than any forward I can think of in the Juniors. If he was a natural scorer he'd be a level or two up. Seems to thrive off having someone who scores freely playing off him. 

Cheers.
Sounds like Milky being Milky then!  He works his socks off more than any forward I can think of in the Juniors. If he was a natural scorer he'd be a level or two up. Seems to thrive off having someone who scores freely playing off him. 

The guy must be a nightmare for defenders to play against , wouldnt get a minutes peace from him , we've been used to the prolific partnership of Mclean and Reid for just under ten seasons so it's a bit different now in style with milky doing all the running into channels and if you like the more ugly bit , he Keeps at it the full 90 minutes , not as prolific as a Reid it McLean and very few people are but he's definitely a big influence , always seems to have a smile on his face the whole game so must really enjoy it .

Archived