War of the Roses

A.M

Well, the highlights showed you definitely fought for your point. 90% of the football came from Bonnyrigg though, minutes went by without the Bonnyrigg goalkeeper being seen. He didn’t have much to do either. Good wake up call for Bonnyrigg that they will have do much better when the eye bleeding industrial football teams rock up.

The emphasis surely must be with the home team to try and win?

For all your possession our keeper has had virtually nothing to do either - so I think we take the moral victory.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still hasn't commented on the continual fouling and intimidation of the ref by Bonnyrigg tho...

Bonnyrigg are supposed to be much better than Linlithgow so it's not fair when teams go there and TRY to play football and don't let their bully boy behaviour get to them. There were a few red and white dummies being spat out on Saturday especially behind where I was.

Joe, you seem aptly named. Hob came to Prestonfield with the sole intention of blootering the rose players that day.

But if you call your hob player raising his hands TWICE in front of the ref intimidation by the rose players then carry on.

I was at the game on Saturday, and actually enjoyed the game, defences definately on top with not a lot of football but very competitive.

A bit feisty at times and BOTH teams guilty of moaning to the refbut I love listening to how each set of fans view incidents differently depending on who they support...suppose I would be the same with Talbot...dont think Kieran can complain with his red , a bit careless to make a challenge there when already on a yellow.

Linlithgow probably the happier side simply because it was an away game but if it was a boxing match the ref would have been telling to box !!

One chance each on target would intimate that Skipper is probably correct in his views on the match.

1 hour ago, joe 90 said:

Kettle tea pot comes to mind watched lithgae play HOB recently and all they done was bombard the ref in to booking HOB players as usual maroon tinted specks

Check out the excellent footage and I think you would see both reds were totally justified - better maroon specs than the red mist approach of the HoB players.

43 minutes ago, A.M said:

I was at the game on Saturday, and actually enjoyed the game, defences definately on top with not a lot of football but very competitive.

A bit feisty at times and BOTH teams guilty of moaning to the refbut I love listening to how each set of fans view incidents differently depending on who they support...suppose I would be the same with Talbot...dont think Kieran can complain with his red , a bit careless to make a challenge there when already on a yellow.

Linlithgow probably the happier side simply because it was an away game but if it was a boxing match the ref would have been telling to box !!

One chance each on target would intimate that Skipper is probably correct in his views on the match.

Apart from the last sentence good post. 

A 0-0 draw it may have been - but for entertainment value it was well worth the £6

57 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Apart from the last sentence good post. 

A 0-0 draw it may have been - but for entertainment value it was well worth the £6

Think each team had 1 effort on target - hardly a great advert for entertainment.

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

True and I thought Gary Thom had a superb game but I didnt think it was particularly entertaining.

Agree Gary Thom was again immense in his natural position.

I fully understand where you are coming from with your point.  For me  I took enjoyment from the game due to the commitment and effort shown.  This time last season Bonnyrigg would have walked over the top of us all over the park.

Bradley came in at the end of last season a almost immediately got a response from the players - Lochee/Bonnyrigg.   We are far from the finished product - but at least we are again competitive and Saturday proved that to me.

Archived