War of the Roses

A.M

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it will be tight between these 2 sides this season.

If Lithgy do have a slight advantage it comes from playing Bonnyrigg, Penicuik, Lochee, Broxburn and dare I say it the Beggars all away during the first half of the season with the home matches still to come in the second half.  However both teams could hit a rocky patch and come unstuck along the line or have a series of injuries to key players.  At least there is not a fixture backlog so far.  Too many recent league titles have been ruined when one of the contenders has t play catch up at the rate of 3 games per week in May.

Dundonald are now making a challenge and should not be discounted.  They will cause a few upsets along the way.

Good league with no easy games.

1 minute ago, Dreghorn said:

If Lithgy do have a slight advantage it comes from playing Bonnyrigg, Penicuik, Lochee, Broxburn and dare I say it the Beggars all away during the first half of the season with the home matches still to come in the second half.  However both teams could hit a rocky patch and come unstuck along the line or have a series of injuries to key players.  At least there is not a fixture backlog so far.  Too many recent league titles have been ruined when one of the contenders has t play catch up at the rate of 3 games per week in May.

Dundonald are now making a challenge and should not be discounted.  They will cause a few upsets along the way.

I think the standard in the league is as poor as I’ve ever seen. Bonnyrigg need more up top, and this Linlithgow side is as poor as I’ve ever seen in the super league years.

I agree mate, neither rose is looking great. Not far ahead of penicuik or lochee. League is a bit tighter than expected.

I think the standard in the league is as poor as I’ve ever seen. Bonnyrigg need more up top, and this Linlithgow side is as poor as I’ve ever seen in the super league years.

Did you not see Linlithgow last season.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

Did you not see Linlithgow last season.

A think its a poor league this season  in fact there has been a decline in the east super league for number off years  

Still have to laugh when the true rose are taking points off teams and the only retort is that it's a poor league and worse lithgae team. Does nobody realise that we are a team in complete transition with change of management team and all but a few of the same squad from last year?

No one at Prestonfield expected to be where we are so quickly but it's testament to the hard work throughout the club on and off the park that we come away from games like this disappointed not to win.

Great spirit and dig to ride out the tough bits of the game. Felt confident we would take something from the game as we tend to do ok there but with every passing game if we keep distance from those around we will be there or there about come season end. If we don't, then it's still a massive improvement on last season and we will need to continue that progress.

Now off for some cocoa and my slippers .....

7 minutes ago, Specky said:

Still have to laugh when the true rose are taking points off teams and the only retort is that it's a poor league and worse lithgae team. Does nobody realise that we are a team in complete transition with change of management team and all but a few of the same squad from last year?

No one at Prestonfield expected to be where we are so quickly but it's testament to the hard work throughout the club on and off the park that we come away from games like this disappointed not to win.

Great spirit and dig to ride out the tough bits of the game. Felt confident we would take something from the game as we tend to do ok there but with every passing game if we keep distance from those around we will be there or there about come season end. If we don't, then it's still a massive improvement on last season and we will need to continue that progress.

Now off for some cocoa and my slippers .....

That coco has went to yer head  when you bring Ronald as manger and they superstars in a poor quality league a would be expecting a title at the end off it 

Was at this game today as a neutral. Standard for two great clubs was awful.

Linlithgow only tried to pass the ball when Bonnyrigg went down to ten men. But that was always in front of the Bonnyrigg midfield- no penetration by either

Agreed. Thought it was an awful game.

Linlithgow only tried to pass the ball when Bonnyrigg went down to ten men. Which meant Bonnyrigg could not continue as easily to kick them off the park.

Fixed that for you. Only one team trying to play football yday imo. The other played well below themselves as a shower of hatchet men. Warranted red and the straight red missed for the assault on Ronald the highlights for Bonnyrigg.

Difficult to play football when one team are hell bent on the draw....

Archived