P&B Readers' Birds

BFTD

I am sorry for your loss.

We had a budgie called Snowy for 16 years. He was a great talker but stopped talking about a year before he died.

People say that pets are "only pets" but that is not true. They are great friends and companions and become part of your family. Anyone who considers pets as things that are disposable and can be easily replaced are Ones For The Watching.

All pets I have ever had were unique and had their own personalities and quirks. Snowy used to sing the BBC Radio 2 jingles and he was afraid of everything we put in his cage apart from his swing and mirrors. He was a lovely and sociable wee guy and I was distraught when he died.

FB_IMG_1503961597279.thumb.jpg.d7255ff58ff3464dfa57ad2ffc719e40.jpg

My current budgie Sully (my nephew named him) is just a youngster and is trying to get the hang of landing. He can fly but doesn't know how to land, and regulary crashlands. He has made a couple of successful landings so hopefully he gets confidence from that.

Screenshot_20171117-011616.thumb.jpg.94f2c3ddebeb6ba829eda52329a59ab9.jpg

Birds are amazing pets.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Flar.jpg

I noticed that F'lar looks quite chuffed with his beak there. I imagine the beak clipping didn't go down too well? He looks full of character.

I forgot to add in my original post that my great aunt and great uncle had an African Grey parrot called Sonya for about 50 years. The things Sonya used to say were amazing. She randomly made the noise of the phone or doorbell and came out with stuff like "Is that the doorbell ringing?", "Who's at the door?", "bunch of b*****ds" and her favourite phrase which she said whenever anyone was present was "f**k ye!"

Sonya never seemed to like me much but I loved her to bits, she was hilarious. I was gutted when she died on Christmas Day 2009.

People are going to be quite disappointed when they click on this thread expecting to see birds and  instead see my ugly mug in it.

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am sorry for your loss.

We had a budgie called Snowy for 16 years. He was a great talker but stopped talking about a year before he died.

People say that pets are "only pets" but that is not true. They are great friends and companions and become part of your family. Anyone who considers pets as things that are disposable and can be easily replaced are Ones For The Watching.

All pets I have ever had were unique and had their own personalities and quirks. Snowy used to sing the BBC Radio 2 jingles and he was afraid of everything we put in his cage apart from his swing and mirrors. He was a lovely and sociable wee guy and I was distraught when he died.

FB_IMG_1503961597279.thumb.jpg.d7255ff58ff3464dfa57ad2ffc719e40.jpg

My current budgie Sully (my nephew named him) is just a youngster and is trying to get the hang of landing. He can fly but doesn't know how to land, and regulary crashlands. He has made a couple of successful landings so hopefully he gets confidence from that.

Screenshot_20171117-011616.thumb.jpg.94f2c3ddebeb6ba829eda52329a59ab9.jpg

Birds are amazing pets.

Is that door having a pish?

1 minute ago, sjc said:

You've been hanging about with the P&B gang too long Throbber. They're a bad influence......

I think Melanus can handle it, he does paint the picture of a far worse domestic life than what I have to suffer though.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I think Melanus can handle it, he does paint the picture of a far worse domestic life than what I have to suffer though.

It's no wonder you w**k yourself into oblivion every night mate. You hold on tight buddy (not a Euph.)