Tin Tack

Cerberus

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had to fire a high number of people in the last 6 months and it's never fun. They range from a guy who had been here 2 weeks and missed 4 days to a guy who had been here years and had zero regard for safe work practices.

With regards to drugs in the workplace, it's a tricky one because you really have to catch them red handed if you don't have the power to request an impairment test. Someone smoking a joint on their break is a sackable offence regardless of what mood you're in (cuntish behavior if true) or what their job entails. It's a two way contract and you are not fulfilling your end if you are impaired. Granted it's obviously worse if a heart surgeon like a wee brandy at lunch or the school bus driver likes a toke with his morning coffee but that doesn't mean the guy stacking shelves on a nightshift at Tesco shouldn't be fired. A scumbaggy tink-ish scheme mentality is required to suggest that "A wee spliff oan yer brek is nae bother n at kno?"

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

The guy smoking the spliff could turn around n say he has a drug problem. The company would then help them I think

That's up to the company. You'd be well within your rights to fire him on the spot.

It's amazing the amount of people who want to tell you all about how shit their life is and what a difficult time they are having when they are staring down the barrel of a suspension or worse. If I have someone in for disciplinary or counseling reasons I always ask if there is problems at home or if there is anything we as a company can do to help. If I've asked them that 2 or 3 times and then they finally want to open up when the endgame is approaching I tend to not give it too much consideration.

6 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Guy came in on bubbles . Was caught out and said he had a drug problem.
Solution was to put him on nightshift . Don't take the offer or lose yer Job.
He still took bubbles n got fired :-(

What did the monkey have to say about it?

Archived