Tin Tack

Cerberus

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had to have a few people removed from site in my days as a PM for a main contractor but the majority of the time I've worked for reinforced concrete frame sub contractors so have left the hiring and firing to the GF.

Drinking, smoking dope and unsafe working tend to be the cause for instant dismissal in my experience. 

1 hour ago, sjc said:

I've had to have a few people removed from site in my days as a PM for a main contractor but the majority of the time I've worked for reinforced concrete frame sub contractors so have left the hiring and firing to the GF.

Drinking, smoking dope and unsafe working tend to be the cause for instant dismissal in my experience. 

Indeed. That is not the popular P&B opinion though.
You're supposed to allow them to do whatever like.

9 hours ago, Jambomo said:

So he’s a decent guy with a small kid and despite being the end of November and just before Christmas, you chose to sack the bloke for a sly joint, when you admit you could have given him a warning. Just because you were in a bad mood?

You sound like a total p***k and totally unsuited to managing people.

Just before Thanksgiving.

Can just imagine cerberus next Thursday telling everyone he is thankful for the power to destroy people's lives.

I caught a guy smoking a joint standing outside of work yesterday and I fired him.
I asked him if it was a joint and he said no. If he’d confessed I’d have probably just warned him.
He pleaded with me and he’s a decent guy with small kids but I was in a bad mood so he got punted.

Has anyone here had to fire someone?

You are a w****r.

Indeed. That is not the popular P&B opinion though.
You're supposed to allow them to do whatever like.

Nah, you just don’t be a c**t about it.
“He’s a nice guy, I would have let him off had he told the truth”. f**k up.
“Me (dancing gif or whatever that pish was) watching him clear his stuff from office”
f**k up.

3 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

Mental how many bites this blatantly made up story is getting.

Yeah I personally thought the "he's a decent guy with small kids but I was in a bad mood" aspect would've made it clear he was hunting for bites. 

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It's funny how you use that phrase over and over again. It's like you've run out of things to post, PB. 

Maybe you should have a break, give the old grey matter some time to regenerate.

Come back refreshed with some new and original patter.

You should f**k off too.

16 hours ago, throbber said:

Its legal to drink alcohol in the UK but I'm pretty sure you'd get the chop for drinking at the workplace. Particularly if you are an airline pilot.

I turned up steaming for a pub shift on the day of the Scotland v Italy qualifier when Italy equalised late on. Only reason I didn't get sacked is because I turned up where a couple of my colleagues didn't even bother doing that.

Archived