Politics Forum - “Best of” series. Topic 1 - First Ministers of Scotland

Dindeleux

My works PC is crap hence the earlier test post I’ve since deleted.

Anyway........

I have really just a passing interest in politics. I know a small amount about it but I am interested in everyone's opinions and passion when it comes to politics. So I'm hoping to learn a bit more about politics overall and your opinions by conducting a series of "Best Of" polls. I've ran some top 50 polls on here in the past which seem to have gone down well and now I'm hoping to do the same for this part of the forum.

Topic 1 is very easy, rank Scotland's First Ministers since 1997 in order of success based on your opinion. There have only been 5 FM's of course but I'm sure we will get good debate over the positioning of them.

Please drop me a PM with your rankings 1-5 for:

Donald Dewar

Jack McConnell

Alex Salmond

Henry McLeish

Nicola Sturgeon

Feel free to add some comments I can use in my write ups. Closing date is 8pm Friday 24th November with results being released once a day from the 27th.

I was told by Donald Dewar in 1998 that the Holyrood site would be great value at 40 million and that sums up how little he new. I did not fancy Devolution then
as I thought it was a trap. I remain convinced that Independence is the only
answer. As for the
FMs I would have:
1 Salmon
2 Sturgeon
3 Dewar
4 Mcconnell
5 McLeod

Might have been an idea to set this up as a poll thread Dindeleux. Still...
Sturgeon
Dewar

Salmond 

McLeish 

McConnell

I’ll collect the votes and put them out.

Can some people please PM me some comments and votes?

Salmond

Sturgeon

Dewar

McLeish

McConnell

You could interchange both Salmond and Sturgeon as both are pretty even and miles ahead of everyone else. I've given Salmond top spot for delivering indyref1 which is most important to me.

Nicola can go top once we get indyref2 and independence... 

Salmond
Sturgeon
Dewar
McConnell
McLeish

I prefer Sturgeon to Salmond both politically and personality-wise, but she has only been in power for three years - and ultimately, if she resigned tomorrow, Salmond would go down as the objectively better FM.

Got to be Salmond first then sturgeon and then the rest. No PM/FM has dealt as many weekly servings of telt as Salmond has before or since. In, my lifetime I've never seen a poltician so effortlessy and consistently destroy his opponents week in week out.

Archived