Livingston v Glenafton

glenmuir

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the Livingston,Glenafton game today. Thought Afton did very well and more than held their own. ( fantastic playing surface).

Came over to the shopping centre for a HOT FLAME meal. Just sat down with a plate of food and the bloody fire alarm has gone off [emoji23]

Shopping centre in now deserted [emoji23]

We are sitting in the car park waiting to see what happens now.

Oh to eat or not to eat

7d791071013bd8b56355ae20705cd39a.jpg

Hope the Rangers fans enjoyed their nice wee day out, will bring back memories of when we pumped them 1-0 :D 

Glenafton did ok, decent at the back and looked okay down the wings but all in all the gulf in class showed. I'm not honestly sure they had a shot on target - nothing that troubled Maley anyway (thank f**k).

If we had Danny in the team can almost guarantee it'd have been 6 or 7. Fair play to big Mackin though, top scorer for us nothing from doing absolute f**k all. He's a brilliant finisher and Hopkin says they're working on his fitness. He's improved a lot from the last time I saw him.

Thought Knox and Cadden came on to take the piss and run the ball around Glens which was funny but as their legs tired they just flew into stupid tackles like a right mob.

735 is a good attendance given we were expecting a record low - not helped by Glenafton's 5 buses being a bus and a minibus :D 

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

You be tripping dawg, 

Considering the expected? We have poor walk up numbers and nothing past 400-500 was expected for this game. We get about 1,000 home fans for a league game so 735 by comparison isn't too bad at a game many can't afford at this time of year

woof.

Yeah Maley gives me the fear whenever he has to deal with a high ball into our box, either flaps at it or punches wildly with one fist, thank feck he hadn't any shots to deal with. His kicking is poor too. Thought Dec was fantastic for us at the back today, anything that got in behind us he swept up. Our passing was piss poor in the first half, looked like we were really needing this game before QoS next Sat after having a fortnight without a game. Glenafton did a power of work in the first half though, and pressed us well, but looked like they faded 2nd half and we started running them down the wings, Mullin put in a cracking cross for Mackin's 2nd. Wee Knox was running rings around them when he came on too, shame his shot was saved when he went right through the middle and got in on goal, would've been deserved if he scored.

Good support for Glens too, kinda glad they didn't get humped and their team did them proud.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Considering the expected? We have poor walk up numbers and nothing past 400-500 was expected for this game. We get about 1,000 home fans for a league game so 735 by comparison isn't too bad at a game many can't afford at this time of year

woof.

OK better than anticipated but it's still not great.  I can totally see why it wouldn't have been the most attractive game for Livi fans compared to an away tie tbf. I actually expected a large Glens support to push it past 4 figures. 

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

OK better than anticipated but it's still not great.  I can totally see why it wouldn't have been the most attractive game for Livi fans compared to an away tie tbf. I actually expected a large Glens support to push it past 4 figures. 

Glens support was supposedly 5 buses incoming which turned out to be essentially 1 and a bit. All in all this time of year people won't attend a PATG cup game. Not for us anyway

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

After the mass uproar in Livi FB I wasn't expecting us to have more than 500 today, just shows the moaning gits on there don't represent the main view of our fans, mainly roaster than just like a moan.

To be fair I moaned then realised I had f**k all else happening today. Wouldn't have felt right knowing there was a game on and I wasn't there :D 

I do have to go out my way and say this though: what a cracking keeper Glenafton have. Done absolutely everything right today and was the real stand out. Kept the score from becoming embarrassing into a respectable defeat

Archived