Livingston v Glenafton

glenmuir

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the programme should be downloadable from the official site from about 6 pm tonight - for free.

Steak pies are the best in the league if not in Scotland at £2.50 (no metal tray so if you have young kids it might be an idea to bring a paper plate) but the drinks are overpriced flavoured water in my opinion.

I suspect the Glenafton fans will be seated in the south end of the West Stand; if that's the case then parking at the high school probably isn't the best; There's a large Lidl's car park about 100 yards (old money) from the front of the stadium.  Parking is normally limited to 1.5 hours but I haven't seen anyone checking it in years. However, for peace of mind, you can go in and make a purchase before going to the game then, if you get anything appearing on your windscreen, you can make a second purchase at the end of the game and you have two separate visits. I know others will suggest you just ignore non local authority tickets in Scotland but the recent ruling in Dundee made that a bit more questionable. 

Talking of pies, my first memory of a pie at a football game was Whitburn juniors years and years and years ago when I was just a boy, used to hold the pie upside down to let all the grease run out of it first before taking a bite, but you still got hot grease down your chin when you were eating it. Also could sneak into the ground by the green bars over on the left hand side of the old covered terrace, two of them were bent wide enough to get you head through and squeeze in through. £18 to get into a game of football pfft. :lol:

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Talking of pies, my first memory of a pie at a football game was Whitburn juniors years and years and years ago when I was just a boy, used to hold the pie upside down to let all the grease run out of it first before taking a bite, but you still got hot grease down your chin when you were eating it. Also could sneak into the ground by the green bars over on the left hand side of the old covered terrace, two of them were bent wide enough to get you head through and squeeze in through. £18 to get into a game of football pfft. :lol:

And, if any readers want to educate their bairns on the subject of healthy eating ,show them a picture of L4E and tell them to do the opposite.

Actually I do recall the pies in the Craigshill Mall bakers where you ended up with a handful of blistering hot oil after biting into them.

On 16/11/2017 at 11:31, Squirrelhumper said:

My season ticket works out at £14 a game. It's £20 to get into games at RP, so unless it's free at the juniors the £20 isn't entirely true.

The standard in all 4 senior leagues is better. We see this time and time again in the Scottish Cup. 

Yes, I get entertained, sometimes not but that's exactly the same as junior. Only difference is the quality is much better as are facilities etc. That's why I go every week.  You can sit about 1ft away from the dugouts at RP, so can't get much closer to the action than that.

Senior crowds in Scotland, especially the top flight are on the rise, is this the same in the Juniors? Last time I went to Pollok (my local junior side) the average age must have been 50.

What game did Pollok only get 50?

The state of Rugby Park at last season's final was dreadful.

On 16/11/2017 at 17:23, GLENAFTON93 said:

Will there be a pdf for this game and if there is how can it be accessed.

On 16/11/2017 at 18:26, Glens lad said:

That's nice. Considering I don't do the Twitter/Facebook crap, and I'm sure I'm not alone emoji17.png

On 16/11/2017 at 18:36, Shanner said:

I'm sure someone will put the link on here after the game and you'll get it - wouldn't imagine you'll need to sign up for anything. 

Think it's a bit pish that there's no hard copy right enough. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ty9TYFJ3yVyMjCzGhwW3BHqGDPvjv-Qi/view?usp=drivesdk

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/glenafton-match-preview/?platform=hootsuite

Preview for the game :D 

Glens fans in the East stand - expecting somewhat a decent crowd then?

16 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Download you free copy of the match programme:

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/download-tomorrows-roar-free-3/

Sorry LL - hadnt seen you'd already posted it

52 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Anyone else? :lol:

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What game did Pollok only get 50?

The state of Rugby Park at last season's final was dreadful.

The laugh is that Lok who week in week out get bigger crowds than any junior side in Scotland have more younger and older fans than any other team!Look around you and spot the old guys-they are at every junior game and any club denying it are at it!

3 auld guys sitting along from me every home game, better tell them to make sure they don't get dragged onto the Glens busses after the game by mistake as they'll be mistaken for junior fans.

Yeah, time for your old brigade to join us down at loch park. We have seats and toilets too.. ( no it's not a commode) We have it all going on down here [emoji23]

Archived