Livingston v Glenafton

glenmuir

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

On another subject, we have stopped doing MDM's this season and have pdf versions instead, which is a bit of a shame for games like this where fans like a momento to keep and look back on.

Will there be a pdf for this game and if there is how can it be accessed.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Glens lad said:

That's nice. Considering I don't do the Twitter/Facebook crap, and I'm sure I'm not alone emoji17.png

I'm sure someone will put the link on here after the game and you'll get it - wouldn't imagine you'll need to sign up for anything. 

Think it's a bit pish that there's no hard copy right enough. 

8 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Saturday 18th - Scottish Cup 3rd Round

Banks O Dee v Ayr United

Adults £10

Concessions £5

Championship and above teams in Scotland are just too expensive for a game of football on a regular basis

That's because the costs for BOD to run a game are massively lower than it is to run one for us. If we had no need to cover the level of security and medical professionals we do then I can almost guarantee it would've been similar to the pricing LTHV and BOD have - but as a bigger club there are necessities for us in order to run the game. As such to minimise losses we've had to set prices to the point we have. It's shite but it's still a big game for all of us, it's the price of a league game and I'd rather pay the 18 to see us play a team like Glenafton than Dumbarton for another time this season etc...

It's the price of a usual league game, the board reduced the price from £20 to £18 and at listened to the extent they can afford to. Even if it was reduced to a £10/£5 gate we would need to double our gate to make the same money, which we would never ever do. Our walk up figures are shite and that's why we're left paying a regular price

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

On another subject, we have stopped doing MDM's this season and have pdf versions instead, which is a bit of a shame for games like this where fans like a momento to keep and look back on.

Glenafton do a great programme, shame Livvy can't just print and sell it .

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Glenafton do a great programme, shame Livvy can't just print and sell it .

Did so last season and many before it but it was just a money sink to print them for them to just get binned afterwards

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Did so last season and many before it but it was just a money sink to print them for them to just get binned afterwards

I'd suggest they're doing it wrong then, many other clubs inc some Junior clubs make it work and at a decent profit.  I do not see the point of an online programme.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

I'd suggest they're doing it wrong then, many other clubs inc some Junior clubs make it work and at a decent profit.  I do not see the point of an online programme.

A lot of work goes into it and it still can make money via sponsors, it was sold just past the turnstiles every game at every entrance and never sold enough to merit production. Online you can still read and more people actually will take note of it. I read it now that it's free and online - no sign up needed for anything at all either

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

A lot of work goes into it and it still can make money via sponsors, it was sold just past the turnstiles every game at every entrance and never sold enough to merit production. Online you can still read and more people actually will take note of it. I read it now that it's free and online - no sign up needed for anything at all either

Was it making a loss, or just not making what was considered enough?  I still find it amazing that some league clubs have stopped altogether.

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

Was it making a loss, or just not making what was considered enough?  I still find it amazing that some league clubs have stopped altogether.

Relatively sure as soon as it ran into losses they gave it a few weeks before making the decision that it would be the last season and it would be discontinued in physical form. The online copy is still cracking though and I'll get it linked on here as soon as it's up.

I think it's 50p an hour to park there, cheapest pay carpark in the centre. The retail one just over the road from there doesn't charge anything though.

As an away fan, the best place to park is at the high school over the river. You just follow the path out the away end. No queues at car parks. Easy to leave. And best of all free....

And a 152 mile round trip, and to top it off [emoji17]no programme [emoji23]

But there is always the HOT FLAME for an after match buffet [emoji122][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Every cloud eh [emoji12] enjoy it mate hope you tank them!

Archived