Livingston v Glenafton

glenmuir

You get prize money for the Scottish Cup which you don't get for a league game so you won't make a loss on the game. That statement is nonsense and is only trying to justify robbing fans

Which is given to clubs at the end of the season.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to game on Saturday. Livingston will be huge favourites to win the game and deservedly so, when you look at the results of Senior v Junior clubs recently. Just hope the Glens give a good account of themselves and no matter what happens, they should be proud of themselves for getting to this stage, I certainly am! ????.

I'll explain my point. No matter how  hard you work, no-one has the entitlement to shout obscenities or even frustrations at a football player or official. And contrary to your belief, the lower the grade, the more that applies as they are paid less and can hear the insults much more clearly. Paying to get into a football match isn’t a license to abandon decent behaviour for a couple of hours.

Well I shall clarify my point then!!

There is a difference between shouting at a game and having an opinion, than shouting obscenities as you say!

I didn't imply that people are entitled to shout obscenities at the games. Supporters can release there frustrations by having an opinion or have a bit of banter with players and fellow supporters whilst supporting their own team!!

How many times have you gone to watch a senior game and been told "sit down" or "you need to calm your noise down" by stewards.

It's a competitive game of football ffs lol [emoji23][emoji23] Obviously there is going to be a "little" noise and fans getting excitement throughout the game lol!! Part and parcel of the game which in many senior games is being lost IMO.

Hopefully this will have clarified this issue [emoji106]

7 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

How many times have you gone to watch a senior game and been told "sit down" or "you need to calm your noise down" by stewards.

Personally never, and I've rarely seen it happen to anyone else, but when it did it was thoroughly deserved and I wish there was a proper element of accountability for some of the "banter" I've heard at Junior matches over the years which has often been no less than unbridled hatred. 

4 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Well I shall clarify my point then!!

There is a difference between shouting at a game and having an opinion, than shouting obscenities as you say!

I didn't imply that people are entitled to shout obscenities at the games. Supporters can release there frustrations by having an opinion or have a bit of banter with players and fellow supporters whilst supporting their own team!!

It's a competitive game of football ffs lol emoji23.pngemoji23.png Obviously there is going to be a "little" noise and fans getting excitement throughout the game lol!! Part and parcel of the game which in many senior games is being lost IMO.

Hopefully this will have clarified this issue emoji106.png

I'm in agreement with you, I've shouted numerous things at players at FFC,  to no avail they're still rank rotten. 

If I feck up at work I'll guarantee someone will be saying something and I don't earn anything near to what those players earn. 

I'll keep on shouting, I'm hoping someone eventually listens although I'm not expecting any change in all honesty. 

14 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

A very narrow minded opinion if I'm being honest!!

Yes, the standard of football in the Premiership and Championship is most certainly a higher standard than Juniors, but £20 or more per game??? Come on lol emoji23.pngemoji23.png??

Out with the two top divisions I would say there is very little difference in standard. Senior by name, but no better than junior in nature!!

My season ticket works out at £14 a game. It's £20 to get into games at RP, so unless it's free at the juniors the £20 isn't entirely true.

The standard in all 4 senior leagues is better. We see this time and time again in the Scottish Cup. 

14 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Take yourself out the "senior think tank" box and look at things from the outside. At the end of the day it's the same game, Junior or Senior! Are you seeing goals?? Are you seeing a competitive match?? Are you close to the action?? Do you feel as if you're being entertained??

Yes, I get entertained, sometimes not but that's exactly the same as junior. Only difference is the quality is much better as are facilities etc. That's why I go every week.  You can sit about 1ft away from the dugouts at RP, so can't get much closer to the action than that.

Senior crowds in Scotland, especially the top flight are on the rise, is this the same in the Juniors? Last time I went to Pollok (my local junior side) the average age must have been 50.

13 hours ago, Skipper said:

Yep, I was at the 10k Hibs match, about 8000 Hibs fans mind. Truth be told the Rose-Boness looked almost as busy. Livi defo with their hands in till that night.

How can Livi have their hands in a the till for a game where they rent their stadium out to the SJFA?

12 hours ago, Durnford said:

£18 actually works out as £15 after VAT and I don't think the cost takes into account players' wages - all a bit academic though

And here's no "E" in Livingston unless you're referring to Doctor David.

Don't bring VAT into a Junior crowd discussion.

2 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Never. I was at Murrayfield last week and vast majority of our support stood all game and sang.

Same the week before at Parkhead. Same a few days before that at Ibrox.

Look at this video for example, not many folk standing in our end!

https://twitter.com/OfficialKillie/status/923469870028808193

Yes, I get entertained, sometimes not but that's exactly the same as junior. Only difference is the quality is much better as are facilities etc. That's why I go every week.  You can sit about 1ft away from the dugouts at RP, so can't get much closer to the action than that.
Senior crowds in Scotland, especially the top flight are on the rise, is this the same in the Juniors? Last time I went to Pollok (my local junior side) the average age must have been 50.

Yeah ok!!

Keep enjoying the Seniors [emoji42][emoji42]

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

My season ticket works out at £14 a game. It's £20 to get into games at RP, so unless it's free at the juniors the £20 isn't entirely true.

The standard in all 4 senior leagues is better. We see this time and time again in the Scottish Cup

There is a serious anomaly here which highlights yet again how raw statistics can be flawed. There are only around half a dozen Junior teams allowed into the Scottish cup senior . There are 42 teams in the four senior divisions, the numbers alone would render that the senior clubs would come out on top more often than not. Also, Junior football has a very hectic fixture schedule, adding the Senior cup, with all the qualifying rounds, can be an arduous. Eventually someone will put a Junior side out as they have absolutely no chance of winning it, that side will probably be Senior. The fact that Junior sides don't have a chance of actually winning it could also mean that, despite the glamour and the chance of playing a big name, it is not the number one priority.

You may have already mentioned but what team do you follow squirrelhumper?

Are you telling us you pay £20 to watch the dugouts as that is where the action is?
Better going to Hearts or Motherwell, then. There’s been some good fights there...

15 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

So if you get through another round or two and get a home draw against Celtic do you think ticket prices will go up or down.

Highish ticket prices if you expect a low crowd and higher ticket prices if you will get a good crowd, you can't have it both ways (well you can and will in this case)

Not really the same thing though, we've already charged a lot less than this in the Betfred cup, the gate v Airdrie was £12 and Partick Th was £10.  And if we got Celtic they'd also have to agree with us on the price so I doubt they be going for something lower than they're used to.

1 hour ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Are you telling us you pay £20 to watch the dugouts as that is where the action is?
Better going to Hearts or Motherwell, then. There’s been some good fights there...

No.  I'm highlighting how close you can sit to the pitch. 

Archived