Livingston v Glenafton

glenmuir

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All but the Premier league will be quite competitive this season if the current league tables are any sort of indicator.  The Championship and League 2 tables are very tight.  
So either you've not bothered to actually check this before asking or you are lazily dismissing the entire senior set up outwith the SPL, and such cherry picking does nothing for the credibility of your argument. 
Value for money is a very individual thing, personally I'm not a fan of paying much more than £20 for a Scottish game, however the flip side is that some Junior football isn't actually worth paying the £6 for when you look at facilities and the standard of player on the pitch. You would quite often see a comparable level on a free to view amateur park, however the pro-Junior comparison of choice is always upward looking at the worst of the Seniors as it's a far easier way to look good .

A very narrow minded opinion if I'm being honest!!

Yes, the standard of football in the Premiership and Championship is most certainly a higher standard than Juniors, but £20 or more per game??? Come on lol [emoji23][emoji23]??

Out with the two top divisions I would say there is very little difference in standard. Senior by name, but no better than junior in nature!!

Take yourself out the "senior think tank" box and look at things from the outside. At the end of the day it's the same game, Junior or Senior! Are you seeing goals?? Are you seeing a competitive match?? Are you close to the action?? Do you feel as if you're being entertained??

The Junior game ticks all of these boxes for me. Plenty goals, competitive games each week and decent banter! All for a reasonable price, in a day and age where there are many other things to do with your expendable income!

Football is football at the end of the day, and the Senior Game I enjoy to watch on the tv thanks [emoji106][emoji460]️[emoji106]

5 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

A very narrow minded opinion if I'm being honest!!

Yes, the standard of football in the Premiership and Championship is most certainly a higher standard than Juniors, but £20 or more per game??? Come on lol emoji23.pngemoji23.png??

Out with the two top divisions I would say there is very little difference in standard. Senior by name, but no better than junior in nature!!

Take yourself out the "senior think tank" box and look at things from the outside. At the end of the day it's the same game, Junior or Senior! Are you seeing goals?? Are you seeing a competitive match?? Are you close to the action?? Do you feel as if you're being entertained??

The Junior game ticks all of these boxes for me. Plenty goals, competitive gamVes each week and decent banter! All for a reasonable price, in a day and age where there are many other things to do with your expendable income!

Football is football at the end of the day, and the Senior Game I enjoy to watch on the tv thanks emoji106.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

I'm narrow minded based checking facts rather than farting out some dewy-eyed "mon the Juniors" spiel? 

I've no idea what the "senior think tank" box is, or how to look from the outside of it, but I'm sue you'll be able to clear that up for me. 

To quickly answer your other questions about senior football - goals? yes. Competitive matches? yes. Close to the action? yes. Entertainment? yes.

17 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Debateable at the time.either livi or sjfa with fingers in the till.and who were livingston playing when it was a full house.

Well I thought there was more than 8,000 there but it wasn't full.   The record attendance for Almondvale was 10,112 v Rangers in 2001-02, same season 10,021 v Celtic, 9,150 v Hearts, 10,016 v Hibs, 10,019 v Rangers again.

Think a lot of folk have their heads in the clouds regarding this one, we've had a message on the club's Facebook from John Ward (led the takeover group in the summer which brought us financial stability for the first time in a while + a stable leadership). It was posted under the announcement of the original pricing.

Basically says that it can cost from £2k-£3k to run a game once you factor in medical staff, floodlights, stewards, security and folk to run the turnstiles (now that we have no one volunteering). All of this added up will mean that, £20, £18 or £10/5, we will still make a loss on this game. We don't get discounts on stewards/security/doctors etc because it's only Glenafton.

He talked about our walk up stats being very very poor for games like this, which basically means that no matter the price it's likely to be a poor attendance. Those who want to attend will, regardless of the price.

We can hardly be considered a club that's out to rob folk considering an U16 season ticket is £18 (of which we've barely sold any!). At the second tier of Scottish football that's great value for money.

We're set to lose money on this so roughly the same number will attend regardless of the price - we will make a little more money this way and for Glenafton too. The folk on Facebook saying that they were planning on bringing so and so if it was (x) price is just talk. It always is and the same people never follow through.

I can agree it's been a PR disaster so far but the club has backed it up with facts, realised their oversight and reduced it to the price of  a normal league match. We've got a team playing phenomenal football on the park but no one is interested. The local community of the club has been corroded over recent years due to shitty owners and their ways. It will take years to rebuild but the ground work is there to start from, it'll be a long journey but we've almost a consistent home fan base of 1,000 which I'm sure any Junior team would take.

Anyway, onto the football. Let's pump these Juniors for talking shite about us. With the break we've had recently can't see us going with a weakened team apart from Maley in goals. Mackin scored a hat trick mid week in the development league so he'll be about there. We should go out there, run them off their feet and play the pushing game we're used to. Can't see them coping with our midfield at all, time for Byrne and Pittman to have some real fun in there this game. Glenafton could always surprise us but I have faith that if we play the way we're playing and use a decent team we'll progress.

Want to see Knox start this IMO. The boy's got something to prove. Reckon Rafa could rip them a new one as well as Cadden

Just now, Bishoptonbankie said:

Not really a big fan of franchise clubs but your explanation of the costs involved is more than reasonable.

It was at least good for someone at the club to come out and make a comment justifying the costs, just hadn't seen it mentioned on here.

Just now, Bishoptonbankie said:

Yeh the costs of having paying pro wages, admin staff, doctors, first aiders, security, sia licensed stewards, fire stewards etc things junior fans don't take into account genuinely costs an awful lot of money and the prices reflect that.

It's a shame, if the tie was reversed I'm sure there would probably be more Livi fans at the game!

I'm narrow minded based checking facts rather than farting out some dewy-eyed "mon the Juniors" spiel? 
I've no idea what the "senior think tank" box is, or how to look from the outside of it, but I'm sue you'll be able to clear that up for me. 
To quickly answer your other questions about senior football - goals? yes. Competitive matches? yes. Close to the action? yes. Entertainment? yes.

Aye ok Shanner [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Well I thought there was more than 8,000 there but it wasn't full.   The record attendance for Almondvale was 10,112 v Rangers in 2001-02, same season 10,021 v Celtic, 9,150 v Hearts, 10,016 v Hibs, 10,019 v Rangers again.

Yep, I was at the 10k Hibs match, about 8000 Hibs fans mind. Truth be told the Rose-Boness looked almost as busy. Livi defo with their hands in till that night.

Just now, Skipper said:

Yep, I was at the 10k Hibs match, about 8000 Hibs fans mind. Truth be told the Rose-Boness looked almost as busy. Livi defo with their hands in till that night.

Only if 2 thousand of them were in the Livi end wearing our colours. We had 4 thousand ST holders back in our SPL days.  If you're all having a crowd w**k at least get your facts right.

Just now, Wile E Coyote said:

You get prize money for the Scottish Cup which you don't get for a league game so you won't make a loss on the game. That statement is nonsense and is only trying to justify robbing fans

Aye but when do you get it, he'll be talking about covering costs right away, not further down the road to balance it all up. We've bills to pay this month and only have this and the ICT game in Nov at home.

8 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye but when do you get it, he'll be talking about covering costs right away, not further down the road to balance it all up. We've bills to pay this month and only have this and the ICT game in Nov at home.

So if you get through another round or two and get a home draw against Celtic do you think ticket prices will go up or down.

Highish ticket prices if you expect a low crowd and higher ticket prices if you will get a good crowd, you can't have it both ways (well you can and will in this case)

9 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The figures don't add up anyway. If it costs £3,000 to stage a match you need 167 people at £18 to cover costs. Now I know Livingstone are not the best supported but I guarantee there is more than 167 people there

£18 actually works out as £15 after VAT and I don't think the cost takes into account players' wages - all a bit academic though

And here's no "E" in Livingston unless you're referring to Doctor David.

6 minutes ago, Durnford said:

And here's no "E" in Livingston unless you're referring to Doctor David.

Yep, fair enough on that. Post amended. I do know how to spell it, just had a brain freeze.

Players wages still have to be paid anyway and while I agree its not the best draw for you financially, it is not the worst either

16 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Sorry???

I'll explain my point. No matter how  hard you work, no-one has the entitlement to shout obscenities or even frustrations at a football player or official. And contrary to your belief, the lower the grade, the more that applies as they are paid less and can hear the insults much more clearly. Paying to get into a football match isn’t a license to abandon decent behaviour for a couple of hours.

Archived