Livingston v Glenafton

glenmuir

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

So what happened to value for money??

Being competitive??

All but the Premier league will be quite competitive this season if the current league tables are any sort of indicator.  The Championship and League 2 tables are very tight.  

So either you've not bothered to actually check this before asking or you are lazily dismissing the entire senior set up outwith the SPL, and such cherry picking does nothing for the credibility of your argument. 

Value for money is a very individual thing, personally I'm not a fan of paying much more than £20 for a Scottish game, however the flip side is that some Junior football isn't actually worth paying the £6 for when you look at facilities and the standard of player on the pitch. You would quite often see a comparable level on a free to view amateur park, however the pro-Junior comparison of choice is always upward looking at the worst of the Seniors as it's a far easier way to look good .

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

All but the Premier league will be quite competitive this season if the current league tables are any sort of indicator.  The Championship and League 2 tables are very tight.  

So either you've not bothered to actually check this before asking or you are lazily dismissing the entire senior set up outwith the SPL, and such cherry picking really does noting for the credibility of your argument. 

Value for money is a very individual thing, personally I'm not a fan of paying much more than £20 for a Scottish game, however the flip side is that some Junior football isn't actually worth paying the £6 for when you look at facilities and the standard on the pitch. You would quite often see a comparable level on a free to view amateur park, however the Junior comparison is always upward looking as it's far easier to make a favorable comparison. 

Take Celtic out and the league is very competitive. 

£20 for a game at Livingston is simply ridiculous regardless of the opposition , watched the bill shankly programme on BBC I player last night and a good part of it was that football was a business now and being taken away from the working class man , not so much in junior football but most certainly in senior football , £20 is a terrible price for this game , glens fans will probably go regardless as it's a new experience but this price is scaring off neutrals , if for example a few junior matches nearby to Livingston were called off on Saturday then a few local junior fans might have attended , but at this price I don't think so , needs to be said though that glenafton aren't entirely innocent in this pricing as I'm sure they would have had some input as it's their right with cup ties , if this game ends up in a draw it would be interesting to see what price glens charge at loch park .

The Junior fans on here doing very little to dispel the "Junior thickos" stereotype that is prominent around here.

FWIW, whilst stuck in an apparent time warp, Junior football is probably as close to the classic notion of the "working man's game" as you will get in the modern era. Senior football is hardly the corporate, soulless a few on here portray, I'll happily admit it is overpriced by and large (as evidenced by Saturday's prices) but I'm certainly not alienated and feeling abandoned by my team.

Maybe time for both sides to try and work together and share best practice - who knows, maybe you guys will pick up how floodlights can be used. :lol:

1 minute ago, Afro said:

The Junior fans on here doing very little to dispel the "Junior thickos" stereotype that is prominent around here.

you're doing even less to dispel the "staying with their maw uber-virgin" Senior LL fan one, so maybe just stick to the subject without being a dick. 

you're doing even less to dispel the "staying with their maw uber-virgin" Senior LL fan one, so maybe just stick to the subject without being a dick. 

:lol: At least you're not rattled that your fellow dafty made a rip roaring c**t of the point. Kudos.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

:lol: At least you're not rattled that your fellow dafty made a rip roaring c**t of the point. Kudos.

That sentence doesn't read particularly well at all. I don't think you're the shining intellect you'd like us all to think you are.:o

Archived