Livingston v Glenafton

glenmuir

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commented on this on the livi thread earlier. Seems totally rediculous and will surely impact the crowd.
Im informed alot of livi fans giving it a miss as not on season tickets and £20 to play a jnr team seems excessive.
From Glens point of view most of the die hards will go but could put alot of people off.
Cheaper prices bigger crowd. Simples.

C

5 minutes ago, Stillseekfedup said:

Commented on this on the livi thread earlier. Seems totally rediculous and will surely impact the crowd.
Im informed alot of livi fans giving it a miss as not on season tickets and £20 to play a jnr team seems excessive.
From Glens point of view most of the die hards will go but could put alot of people off.
Cheaper prices bigger crowd. Simples.

You're right that cheaper prices would mean a bigger crowd but probably not enough to make the same amount at the gate and that seems to be what's driven this decision. 

Twenty bangers at this stage of the tournament is taking the piss tbh. it should be no more than about £13. 

Terrible price for a game this early in the tournament!!

As pointed out by another poster, the senior game needs to get a reality check and realise that it is way off the mark in terms of value for money and the product on the pitch!

One of the many reasons I turned my back on the senior game many years ago.

Junior football all day long for me. Great value for a good standard of football (not much less if any) as a comparison to the senior game.

Yes, the grounds can be a bit dated with a lack of facilities at times, but what it lacks in, it more than makes up in character, passion, desire and tradition, that much of the senior game has lost and lacks!! And this is just the supporters lol!

Teams are on a level with one another, where any team on their day can beat one another. Their isn't the monopoly of money polluting the game itself. You're also free to stand and watch the game, pay on the gate and not being ripped of at the pie stall for a snack or tea / Bovril (unlike many senior counterparts).

Junior football in my opinion is the way senior game once was. The "working mans game". A place where you're entitled to shout your opinion, release your frustrations of a hard weeks work and have a banter with your fellow supporters and players. A level where you can feel part of your club and make a genuine difference.

This is where the senior game has failed us football supporters.

Mon the Juniors!!!

Good luck to the Glens [emoji106][emoji106]

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

Don't both teams need to agree to the pricing? I know you luddites aren't aware of the concept of electricity yet but it doesn't come free.

Adult prices have been reduced to £18.

Livi are probably not a club that should be taking the podium to lecture others about financial management there chief. 

24 minutes ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

Terrible price for a game this early in the tournament!!

As pointed out by another poster, the senior game needs to get a reality check and realise that it is way off the mark in terms of value for money and the product on the pitch!

One of the many reasons I turned my back on the senior game many years ago.

Junior football all day long for me. Great value for a good standard of football (not much less if any) as a comparison to the senior game.

Yes, the grounds can be a bit dated with a lack of facilities at times, but what it lacks in, it more than makes up in character, passion, desire and tradition, that much of the senior game has lost and lacks!! And this is just the supporters lol!

Teams are on a level with one another, where any team on their day can beat one another. Their isn't the monopoly of money polluting the game itself. You're also free to stand and watch the game, pay on the gate and not being ripped of at the pie stall for a snack or tea / Bovril (unlike many senior counterparts).

Junior football in my opinion is the way senior game once was. The "working mans game". A place where you're entitled to shout your opinion, release your frustrations of a hard weeks work and have a banter with your fellow supporters and players. A level where you can feel part of your club and make a genuine difference.

This is where the senior game has failed us football supporters.

Mon the Juniors!!!

Good luck to the Glens emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Great post

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Don't both teams need to agree to the pricing? I know you luddites aren't aware of the concept of electricity yet but it doesn't come free.

You might want to change your energy supplier if you reckon you're being charged that much for leccy.

A standard 2kw floodlight bulb costs about 30p an hour to run...multiply that by the amount of bulbs in your floodlights and that's the cost of lighting a game. 

It's not all that much, you'll find - a cosy half-dozen punters paying full whack at those prices should cover it.

Just now, Afro said:

That's better than £20 anyway, wonder what price we were wanting to charge that this has gone to what our league prices are. Couldn't see why we had chosen to go with our higher gate price, unless they knew the £18 would get a backlash so in Thatcher style announcing pit closures we went with the higher price first so when we lowered it to £18 everyone would think it wasn't too bad.:lol:

You might want to change your energy supplier if you reckon you're being charged that much for leccy.
A standard 2kw floodlight bulb costs about 30p an hour to run...multiply that by the amount of bulbs in your floodlights and that's the cost of lighting a game. 
It's not all that much, you'll find - a cosy half-dozen punters paying full whack at those prices should cover it.

By all accounts the prices are to balance the cost of leccy, stewards, etc. Glenafton must be on board with the pricing having agreed to two sets now.

Archived