ICTFC v Crusaders

Stephen Malkmus

Poor planning all round, tbh.

EDIT: By which I mean the 2 leagues scheduling the SPFL Challenge Cup Semi-Finals and Irish League Cup Final for the same weekend - for the 2nd season running; and leaving things hanging for 2 months in nothing more than a hope, one assumes, that Crusaders lose to Dungannon and therefore the clash ceases to exist; and still doing so despite it being postponed on Dec 12th and then Jan 16th.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://ictfc.com/news/team-news/2110-irn-bru-cup-semi-final

Supporters should be assured that the club has been in contact with the SPFL seeking urgent clarification of the arrangements for our home IRN BRU Cup Semi-Final tie versus Crusaders of Belfast, Northern Ireland.  The game is in the diary for Saturday 17 February.  However, due to this being the weekend earmarked for the Northern Ireland League Cup final in which Crusaders may be involved, there is doubt that the game will go ahead on this date. Due to the severe weather, Crusaders have still to play their semi-final tie.

Mr Ian Blair, Company Secretary and Director of Operations, SPFL, has told us he expects to be in a position to bring forward a solution in respect of the IRN-BRU Cup semi-final early next week.  He has told us the SPFL will be taking steps to ensure, as far as they possibly can, that they do not face similar disruption next season and beyond.

We will let supporters know the arrangements for the semi-final just as soon as we are advised.

http://ictfc.com/news/team-news/2114-update-irn-bru-cup-semi-final-26-01-18?utm_content=buffer668a8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

What a fucking joke this is. If Crusaders can't play the match on the 17th or another date that weekend tell them to get fucked. Why are guest teams in this competition taking precedence over our own domestic sides?

So it'll remain unresolved until Tuesday, perhaps beyond?!

Competitions should've been coordinated so they didn't clash.

Failing that, invitations should've been conditional on our competition having priority.

Failing that, one or other should've been moved following the ILC QF postponement December 12th, if not the SCC QF ties on November 11th.

1 hour ago, liam_barnett said:

Crusaders lost tonight so 17th it should be although Inverness also lost so they may see the 10th as more suitable so that none of their fixtures have to be rescheduled?

We're asking for it to be changed to the 10th apparently. Saves the game against Dunfermline , originally on the 17th,  from being rescheduled midweek.

I was fearing a dinner time Sunday kick off for our match, thankfully both clubs and S4C have agreed on the Saturday evening.  I suppose you will know who your opponent will be in the final, that's about the only positive I see to that kick off time/date.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Big Berk said:

Not much interest in this game, at least not on here.... :unsure2:

I suspect the crowd will be absolutely rotten. If it gets above four figures I'd be surprised.

Archived