TNS v Dumbarton

aftershocker

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/02/2018 at 16:48, Scottylintonstowel said:

In over sixty years of watching Dumbarton that was the most enjoyable game I ever attended. To come back from the depths of defeat and winning with two wonder goals was sensational. Froxylias goal must now replace big Roy’s 1971 score as the best ever scored by a Sons player. If Froxylias never plays again he will still go down as an all time Dumbarton legend. The teenagers at the game will still be talking about that goal in fifty years time.

This is not a diddy cup. Teams from four different nations entered it and winning it should be a mark of pride to any team.

No chance. Big Roy's was way better. Froxy will be forever a legend though.

On 20/02/2018 at 18:57, Q0S-RUSH said:

Well chuffed for Dumbarton and their fans. As others have said had the two goals been scored by certain other players or teams you would be seeing them on tv for weeks. Have a brilliant day out in the final.

You are spot on sir.

I don't think we were even mentioned on BBC Scotland or STV news, or maybe I missed it.

27 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Scored a handful of goals and started about ten games. Hardly a legend

Scored the goal to take us to our first national cup final in 120 odd years. That could've been his only appearance and I'd have him knighted. 

On 2/16/2018 at 20:30, PWL said:

Currently sat in bar at Oswestry Premier Inn and 2 locals have heard my accent and both said they hope we destroy them. Been told they've caused a lot of grief locally with a Gretna style attitude to the detriment of local clubs. 

Nice. Oswestry have their own club now. See below.  

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/fcoswestrytown

Well done Sons btw. Excellent stuff! 

Archived