TNS v Dumbarton

aftershocker

The game is on Iplayer for anyone who never recorded it. I'm currently watching it back and some of the ugly mugs on display (a fair few who post on here) is not helping my hangover.

Still on an absolute buzz, and I remembered I even got a hug from OKI at full time. There wont be many on here who can lay claim to getting a man cuddle from him.

If anyone could update me on Moonster's current condition that would be great. Even just let me know if he's alive.
I got a manhug from him too. He was clearly sharing the love last night.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the bus home with Moonster. I can report he's currently unconscious, head supported by a window. There's a faint pulse, so I reckon he'll make it.
worth it imo.

Glad to hear it.

I got a manhug from him too. He was clearly sharing the love last night.

The absolute floozy. I thought I was special.

I've just been watching a wee GIF of Handling's equaliser - there's a few wee bits that all work well to produce the goal.

Hutton nicking the ball, and then slipping it to Handling at just the right time to take out a defender.  Handling changes direction to lose another, and then Stewart makes a really clever run, which causes the left back to hesitate just that extra second, which allows Handling the wee bit extra time to pick his spot and unleash the shot.

Delicious.

In over sixty years of watching Dumbarton that was the most enjoyable game I ever attended. To come back from the depths of defeat and winning with two wonder goals was sensational. Froxylias goal must now replace big Roy’s 1971 score as the best ever scored by a Sons player. If Froxylias never plays again he will still go down as an all time Dumbarton legend. The teenagers at the game will still be talking about that goal in fifty years time.

This is not a diddy cup. Teams from four different nations entered it and winning it should be a mark of pride to any team.

6 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

In over sixty years of watching Dumbarton that was the most enjoyable game I ever attended. 

This is not a diddy cup. Teams from four different nations entered it and winning it should be a mark of pride to any team.

Ive really enjoyed this tournament since they expanded it to include the Welsh and Irish teams, and a lot of other folk like yourself.  All the knockers are irrelevant, they dont need to watch it. Since we won it we've done nothing but Ive enjoyed the rivalry and excitement especially in the cross border matches. last night's game was one of the best Ive watched on tv.

What's the score with bookings in this tournament? Mango picked up his 2nd yellow card of the competition yesterday but I also noticed that Dowie had been booked twice previously but didn't miss the game following his second. Which makes me think it's nothing to worry about.

Just now, microdave said:

What's the score with bookings in this tournament? Mango picked up his 2nd yellow card of the competition yesterday but I also noticed that Dowie had been booked twice previously but didn't miss the game following his second. Which makes me think it's nothing to worry about.

*cough*

@Skyline Drifter

*cough*

On 10/11/2017 at 16:33, Skyline Drifter said:

Finally got a definitive answer for this one too. It's three bookings for a suspension this year AND the disciplinary record is wiped after the quarter finals too so it's very difficult to actually get suspended without a red card in this now. In effect for you this weekend, every player can get booked if he wants as it will be wiped after the game even if you get through except for Dowie and McLaughlin who would have to serve a one match ban in the semi final if they pick up a third booking in the quarter final. Also, if they pick up a 3rd booking and you lose they'd be suspended for their first tie next season.

13 minutes ago, microdave said:

12 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

*cough*

@Skyline Drifter

*cough*

Per above from you match thread v Raith. All bookings wiped after q-f and even if they werent it was three for a ban anyway. Nearly impossible to get suspended in this cup without getting red carded.

I'm just home and I have serious doubts I'll make it through the night. A 6 hour bus journey was not what I required in my current condition. 

Yesterday was honestly one the best days following Dumbarton. The bus down was a great laugh, bumping into the team at the services and when we got to Oswestry just about everyone was telling us they hoped we dicked them. It wasn't quite the dicking I'd hoped for, but those last 20 minutes made it all worthwhile. 

We had been so shite I retired to the bar and watched the game on the telly. When Handlings goal went in I ran onto the balcony looking for another Sons fan to embrace but alas there were none, so I was basically stood there just screaming "YAS" in about 30 TNS fans faces. They were not impressed. I decided to head down and join the Sons fans behind the goal and watching Froxy's free kick fly in was fucking magical. I absolutely love that man. Twice that fucking steward stopped me getting on the pitch to hug him though, cow. I did get on the telly at the end though.

I can't say I remember asking the keeper for a square go but if I did he was probably deserving of it. 

31 minutes ago, optimistic said:

IMG_2454.jpgfantastic day/night, we were pretty poor, possibly tactics wise, but those two goals were worthy of winning any game. Absolute top drawer. I think I hugged almost every sons fan. One more game please sons, make it so 

That's bang out of order you :lol:

Archived