TNS v Dumbarton

aftershocker

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's smashing. I'll need to pick up a Sun - I've got a Record and we don't get so much as a mention  (as far as I can see). West Brom against Southampton gets a full page though...

It's a very decent report on the game by Gareth Law.

I dog-eared every 'Sunday' in the cornershop in the hunt for a good match report. Sad tbh :blink:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a day. Memorable for all sons fans not just for the football but the whole experience.but didn’t those goals the result just too it off

i probably like done others went down expecting a defeat and for first hour despite digging in well enough my thoughts hadn’t changed .

thought when we went for it carsewell and Hutton were better as they had an out ball in front of them.

must say I thought we might have had a pitch invasion at full time. 

Hope todays travellers get back safe we’ll and journey as painless as ours last night. Discussed on way down what bus back would be like if we got cuffed. Sorry don’t know the answer 

Just to add, Nade for the first 70 minutes looked his usual finished self. As soon as there was support around him late on all his hold up and link up play was on point. Hope this can spark a revival for the Big man!
IMG_2451.thumb.jpg.d6f89afcb642a6362bf4903f788bdc3e.jpg

^ very much this.

plus

#stevieaitkentacticalgenius

Just to add, Nade for the first 70 minutes looked his usual finished self. As soon as there was support around him late on all his hold up and link up play was on point. Hope this can spark a revival for the Big man!
IMG_2451.thumb.jpg.d6f89afcb642a6362bf4903f788bdc3e.jpg
Spot on. Nade is 100 times better when he gets the ball at his feet and has options in front of him compared to when he gets the ball hoofed to him up in the air. Big man looked buzzing at Full Time so I'm over the moon for him.

The game is on Iplayer for anyone who never recorded it. I'm currently watching it back and some of the ugly mugs on display (a fair few who post on here) is not helping my hangover.

Still on an absolute buzz, and I remembered I even got a hug from OKI at full time. There wont be many on here who can lay claim to getting a man cuddle from him.

If anyone could update me on Moonster's current condition that would be great. Even just let me know if he's alive.

14 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Look at this picture. It sums up why I love football.

DWRIHQ0X4AA7Qu_.jpg

Magnificent picture that and is exactly what football's about. Brilliant.

Didn't see the game but was most pleased to see the result. Both goals were absolutely terrific from Dumbarton and it's superb to see what it means to their supporters. I dislike colt teams being in the competition but reactions from the Sons fans on here - and in that picture - show exactly why it's a tournament that more than deserves its place in our domestic calendar.

Looked like like a very sizeable support travelled down as well, so pleased they got the result they wanted. They're a good club, Dumbarton, who in my experience always make you welcome when you go there and I admire how they've become a solid, established Championship side in recent years. All the best in the final and I hope you enjoy it!

The game is on Iplayer for anyone who never recorded it. I'm currently watching it back and some of the ugly mugs on display (a fair few who post on here) is not helping my hangover.

Still on an absolute buzz, and I remembered I even got a hug from OKI at full time. There wont be many on here who can lay claim to getting a man cuddle from him.

If anyone could update me on Moonster's current condition that would be great. Even just let me know if he's alive.

Not exactly sure who Moonster is, but was he the one offering the goalkeeper square goes in the 1st half?[emoji23]

Archived