TNS v Dumbarton

aftershocker

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hutton's reaction to the free-kick is sublime [emoji38] Was kind of like "did that just happen?!"

Huttons 2 hands to his face in shock made me smile. As did the goals. As did the players. As did the whole fucking day.

Buzzing and rough, strange combo

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Not long home and sitting here watching Froxy's goal over and over with one last Steveweiser.

The highlight of the day was without a doubt the Froxy winner but to make it that wee bit more special I looked to my left to see a female steward wrestling with Moonster as he tried his best to make his way onto the pitch. A sight I will never forget. Almost like some sort of drunken eel trying to wriggle free from the grasp of a high visibility predator.

My 2nd favourite moment was having a proper embrace with Froxy after the game. His beard sweat smelled like sweet hibiscus and parma violets. What a beautiful, beautiful man he is.

This post is verging on poetry 8)

Still on cloud nine. What a comeback ❤ I cannot stop watching Handling and Froxy's goals - they will need to be gif'd and reposted forever more!

But, reading the BBC write up post-match is a slight annoyance. After such a wonderful result in the semi's of a cup we're somewhere down low in the list of reports you have to go hunting for and according to the BBC, Darren Barr made a late block for us.

Nevertheless - what a day for everyone in, and associated with, our great wee club! 

1 hour ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

What was official attendance at the match. Just wondering if the Sons fans out numbered the home lot. Certainly made more noise.

There were a lot more Dumbarton fans, I'd go 3 or 4 to 1 too. Great traveling support, you're a credit to your club.  Was absolutely pissing myself at the boy in the bright yellow hat with the horn - what a man.

Great free kick, both me & my dad jumped up & it celebrated, and we were ostensibly TNS supporters.

There'll be a group of us (4-5 TNS fans) coming up to the final to support the Sons :)

9 hours ago, microdave said:

That was just fucking brilliant tonight. I even gave my 20+ year old scarf to Stevie when they came into the bar after the game. I'll get a new one on Tuesday!20180217_215519.jpg

Is that Harrison their ex manager sitting in the blue anarok with the pissed off expression?

Best scenes I’ve witnessed at a Dumbarton game! Those two goals though[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] Handling’s in particular was special. Was right in line with post behind the goal and could see the shot start outside but curl back in again. He was my MOTM. His best game for us.

Then Froxy, enough said. No words describe that.

In other observations we tried to play a 5 at the back formation which we did first half, but second half it appeared C Gal moved himself to right mid forcing the whole defence across, leaving Dowie right back, Div left CB and Iain Russell Left wing back. The subs changes the game. Is it really a surprise the the first time we’ve had pace out wide in months is when we suddenly look threatening again. Stewart’s runs in behind where effective and Burt I was very impressed by, was agile and not afraid to take his man on.

Archived