TNS v Dumbarton

aftershocker

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

My phone died at full-time, so I didn't get the opportunity to fully post my thoughts.

Firstly I'm sick to my stomach that I wasn't there :lol: My mother isn't living this one down!

Secondly I'm delighted for every single Son who made it down. I'm very, very jealous of you guys rn. There must've been some incredible scenage. I celebrated that goal on the train like I was there. 

Thirdly I'm delighted for our patched up bunch of loanees, jobbers and guys nobody anyone else wanted. I'm delighted for Stevie, Durrant, Jaz, Colm and everyone connected with the club. They have worked so hard, and this is the sort of reward that means a lot to a club to us.

Both goals was tremendous, but Froxy's goal was quite ridiculous. Not for a minute did he have any right to shoot from there - even into an ancient 'keeper in a bogging kit. He's a sensational talent, and that goal will be remembered forever.

We weren't fantastic today by any means, but everyone put in 100%. Not much more you can ask for. Carsy covered every blade of Astro, Dowser looked solid at right-back, Scott Gal made a number of really good saves, and Mango was absolutely tremendous. 

I'm actually not going to sleep tonight :lol:

20180217_184039~2.jpg

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My phone died at full-time, so I didn't get the opportunity to fully post my thoughts.
Firstly I'm sick to my stomach that I wasn't there [emoji38] My mother isn't living this one down!
Secondly I'm delighted for every single Son who made it down. I'm very, very jealous of you guys rn. There must've been some incredible scenage. I celebrated that goal on the train like I was there. 
Thirdly I'm delighted for our patched up bunch of loanees, jobbers and guys nobody anyone else wanted. I'm delighted for Stevie, Durrant, Jaz, Colm and everyone connected with the club. They have worked so hard, and this is the sort of reward that means a lot to a club to us.
Both goals was tremendous, but Froxy's goal was quite ridiculous. Not for a minute did he have any right to shoot from there - even into an ancient 'keeper in a bogging kit. He's a sensational talent, and that goal will be remembered forever.
We weren't fantastic today by any means, but everyone put in 100%. Not much more you can ask for. Carsy covered every blade of Astro, Dowser looked solid at right-back, Scott Gal made a number of really good saves, and Mango was absolutely tremendous. 
I'm actually not going to sleep tonight [emoji38]

And I'm delighted for you S08 - you remind me of when I was 21 and 10st 3lbs [emoji39]

Congratulations on the win, Sons fans! 

I thought that TNS were on top without really threatening in the first period before they got their goal early on in the second-half. 

It looked ominous at that stage, but Handling's goal really swung the momentum in to Dumbarton's favour. 

What a goal to win it too, through Froxylias. Worthy of winning any semi-final. To fightback so strongly, especially against a full-time side, after not playing well in the opening 60 minutes is a testament to the players and the management staff. 

Also, an absolutely fantastic travelling support it seemed on the TV. 

Well done again and good luck in the final! :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep for all the "diddy cup" takes a slagging we`ve had some great days out at the finals we made.

Good luck to Sons in the final.

Yep! Maybe Perth excepted?

Archived