TNS v Dumbarton

aftershocker

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope Dougie makes it. I remember he had some injury spells when he was with us but he never let us down on the pitch.  He is a Rovers legend after grabbing Falkingham by the throat, well worth a red card and suspension!

IMO even if Dougie makes it we still look honking:

Gallacher

Smith -- Barr -- Dowie -- Hill

Froxylias -- Hutton -- Carswell -- Walsh

Russell -- Nade

The only alteration I can see there is Calum Gallagher coming in for Nade and maybe switching with Walsh. It just doesn't fill me with any kind of confidence, Hutton and Carswell as a midfield 2 should be against the law. I'd like to see Nade given one last go here - he caused all sorts of problems with that Connah's mob, they won't be used to someone his size throwing himself around, if he can do that for 50-60 minutes we might snatch something. Plus, we'll need to go direct because we don't have anyone who can pass a ball except for Kyle Hutton and even then it's only when he feels like it. Go long, play for free-kicks and hope Froxy scores one. Alternatively, park the team bus and the 2 supporter buses in front of our goal and play for penalties. It's a real fucker that Andy Stirling isn't available.

In summary, I'm really optimistic about our chances of progressing to the final this weekend.

29 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

Let's hope Dougie makes it. I remember he had some injury spells when he was with us but he never let us down on the pitch.  He is a Rovers legend after grabbing Falkingham by the throat, well worth a red card and suspension!

Deserves a medal for services to Scottish Football trying to rid it of the pikey

I reckon TNS will be used to most teams sitting in against them, I reckon if we do that we'll play right into their hands.

Even with a horribly depleted squad I'd like to see us go full pelt at them from the start. If we lose 3-0 then so be it, I'd rather that than watch them pick us apart whilst we defend for our lives yet still concede cheap goals from set pieces and lapses of concentration in our own box.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye, I'm much the same. Getting a taxi doesn't bother me and it will be split between 3 or 4 so it wont cost much. If I get there early enough I'll grab a pint no doubt but I'll be hanging off as long as possible.

Out of interest how big is the hospitality and bar area? It seems like there are a hell of a lot of folk taking up the offer. Judging by the Facebook comments etc a large majority appear to be in hospitality.

Any 4 bottles of beer = £10 acc to the TNS site. Not too bad, cheaper than our own 'Community Suite' jobby.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

IMO even if Dougie makes it we still look honking:

Gallacher

Smith -- Barr -- Dowie -- Hill

Froxylias -- Hutton -- Carswell -- Walsh

Russell -- Nade

How does it compare to the line-up that played at Cappielow?

1 minute ago, Big Berk said:

How does it compare to the line-up that played at Cappielow?

Smith was playing left back, Wilson (from Rangers) right back, Nisbet was up front instead of Nade. I'd have been happier with the above team at Cappielow but still wouldn't have been confident of a result.

21 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Any 4 bottles of beer = £10 acc to the TNS site. Not too bad, cheaper than our own 'Community Suite' jobby.

Do they only sell bottles? If so, an even better reason to avoid it.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Smith was playing left back, Wilson (from Rangers) right back, Nisbet was up front instead of Nade. I'd have been happier with the above team at Cappielow but still wouldn't have been confident of a result.

Do they only sell bottles? If so, an even better reason to avoid it.

Wouldn't think so.

1 hour ago, optimistic said:

Nade and Russell is the best idea up front, nade was winning headers at the weekend, chesting it to players, bringing others into play, I’d start him, If tns do indeed tyre, let Stewart, froxy and Walsh run at them

Really hope Nade starts, they might find him difficult to handle.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Huge.

Hospitality area must seat a couple of hundred I think. The bar is entirely separate and probably seats another 100 at least, never mind the standing room.

I'm making a four day trip of it and taking my car. Any idea what the parking's like?

4 hours ago, rockson said:

I'm making a four day trip of it and taking my car. Any idea what the parking's like?

At the ground? There's a car park outside but it's maybe got room for 40 or 50 cars at a guess. I believe they have overflow parking on a field near the ground subject to weather being decent enough that it's not a mudheap. I don't know what your chances of that in February are though! Beyond that I'm not really sure. It's basically at the end of a country lane (only barely two vehicles wide so certainly no room for parking on it) which itself is a turn off from a main dual carriageway. So there'as no on street parking immediately obvious around it. I was on the bus though so maybe another Queens fan who actually drove could help more. I didn't have to look for parking. There was a rugby club on the left a few hundred yards before the football club. Presumably it has some parking.

Speaking as a TNS gloryhunter (actually an Aston Villa fan, but follow TNS in Europe and now this competition) ...

I love the Scottish Challenge Cup.  I know it must be a pain for some of the Scottish clubs, and it's a bit of an embarrassment when the home supporters are regularly outnumbered & outsung by away ones ... but the ties have been loads of fun.  It'll be good for Welsh football for the top 2 to be playing some higher calibre teams a bit later in the season.  It's been sadly missing since the "English" sides (Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham, Newport, Merthyr & Colwyn Bay) were excluded from the Welsh Cup.  Not sure if the colt teams add much to the competition, though.

Safe journey down, hope it turns out to be a decent game :)

57 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

I havent heard of anyone  who likes the inclusion of the colt sides; they clearly devalue the competition.

I like the inclusion of the Colt sides. Not that bothered whether they are in it or not but certainly much more annoyed about the inclusion of foreign sides than the Colt ones. I have posted so several times before.

Archived