TNS v Dumbarton

aftershocker

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice easy journey, lads...

Capture.PNG.ed23f249211016e03866cf3e9d163650.PNG

The Trust have had to cancel buses to far closer places this season due to a lack of numbers. I appreciate that this is a semi-final and will also hold some novelty factor, but that's battling against the fact that it's an unheralded competition, a ballache journey and the current general apathy.

4 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Nice easy journey, lads...

Capture.PNG.ed23f249211016e03866cf3e9d163650.PNG

The Trust have had to cancel buses to far closer places this season due to a lack of numbers. I appreciate that this is a semi-final and will also hold some novelty factor, but that's battling against the fact that it's an unheralded competition, a ballache journey and the current general apathy.

"Hello Bonfire...this is Pete, he's going to piss all over you".

In all seriousness, I get what you're saying in regards to a bus running but I genuinely believe the semi-final/novelty factor will see enough interest. I also think the reason a lot of buses haven't been running is precisely because we've not had to travel too far over the last couple of years (every ground within 1 or 2 hours) so folk just made their own way. Having said that, if a bus doesn't run then I'm happy to make my own way down and make a weekend of it.

2 minutes ago, Northern Son said:

If the bus does run will it be karaoke free?

:lol: 

Yes, it's been banned and caused a resignation from the karaoke convener.

I'd imagine others might be of a similar thought to myself in thinking TNS are a quality side and a bit of a 'cut above' the rest due to their regular European exploits.

However it's maybe worthwhile noting that they are only top of the Welsh Premier on goal difference only. In terms of games they have the exact same record, winning 8, drawing 2 and losing 2, as their rivals... Connah's Quay Nomads.

And we know how utterly rank they were.

1 hour ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I'd imagine others might be of a similar thought to myself in thinking TNS are a quality side and a bit of a 'cut above' the rest due to their regular European exploits.

However it's maybe worthwhile noting that they are only top of the Welsh Premier on goal difference only. In terms of games they have the exact same record, winning 8, drawing 2 and losing 2, as their rivals... Connah's Quay Nomads.

And we know how utterly rank they were.

TNS aren't top. They are currently third but can go top if they win their game in hand. 

53 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Out of interest, has the karaoke convener actually resigned or was it just a Kardashian esque drama on Facebook and he was back the following week?

I couldn't tell you, I'm not actually sure another bus has run since that day.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Brechin away I'm sure.

From the pics there were plenty of tambourines out

I asked this as soon as I arrived in Brechin and was informed the retirement didn't go ahead but instead the karaoke machine has been forced into redundancy. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Out of interest, has the karaoke convener actually resigned or was it just a Kardashian esque drama on Facebook and he was back the following week?

22 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I asked this as soon as I arrived in Brechin and was informed the retirement didn't go ahead but instead the karaoke machine has been forced into redundancy. 

Just a Facebook flounce then.

5 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Did you not see how Dobbie played on Sunday not his best game that is being kind to him.

Hard game for you but great chance of making the final.

We took about 500 fans down made a day of it surely you will take a few down 

Aye but it's rare for Dobbie to turn in two of those types of performances, so he'll be fine.

I reckon we'll take between 100-200 based on the interest shown so far. A lot will depend on the timing though, if it's a Saturday kick off we'll likely take more.

Archived