The SNP take heavy bungs and are failing Scotland and do not actually want independence because that means they would have no one to blame but themselves.

Whilst I've always been biased in that meat is good. I read an article a few years ago that completely tore apart vegetarian as a moral choice,it doesn't matter what you eat, if you engage with industrial farming in any way animals will die to feed you, to object to one practice and not others is just bizzare.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Whilst I've always been biased in that meat is good. I read an article a few years ago that completely tore apart vegetarian as a moral choice,it doesn't matter what you eat, if you engage with industrial farming in any way animals will die to feed you, to object to one practice and not others is just bizzare.

Everyone dies, it's quality of life that counts. Only eat meat from animals that live free until they are hunted and killed.

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Proper left field stuff. I am unsure how he could have interpreted my post the way he did.* I am also unsure what I have done to upset him apart from occasionally disagree with him. Maybe thats all it takes. 

*not unsure, its cos hes an angry and senile man. 

I’m not sure if it signifies his local Asda either did or didn’t re-stock his favoured Faustino V white Rioja.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe they had it on special and he is now on a Kincardine style posting arc.

Maybe Grangemouth Bairn will randomly  label him a racist/anti Semite/homophobe/misogynist and the sparks will really fly.  Sundays can be a special day on P&B.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We are playing the DABs today and there has already been some pretty unsavoury stuff said in my direction on the match thread. Tbh its sad that I cant enjoy the football without fears for my safety. So my priority today is simply to get to the match and home again in one piece. Grannys inflammatory comments of course dont help.

Stay safe. As well as taking Granny Dyer’s mortar fire I’ve had an Edinburgh OAP threaten me with a “violent death” and one in Fife offering to fight me (even though he was nursing a semi at the urinals at the time). Giving them free transport was a bad move IMO.

One of the other arguments that veggies come out with is "If you want to eat meat you should be willing to kill the animal yourself."

What utter pish. Do they make their own clothes? (Some probably do... ) Do they grow their own vegetables? (Again... )

Far better to leave these things to skilled workers who will do a competent job.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

One of the other arguments that veggies come out with is "If you want to eat meat you should be willing to kill the animal yourself."

What utter pish. Do they make their own clothes? (Some probably do... ) Do they grow their own vegetables? (Again... )

Far better to leave these things to skilled workers who will do a competent job.

Falkirk supporters?

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Farmers would go mental if you just went in to a field and started stabbing a cow or sheep, so the veggies haven't thought this through.

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

Using a sledgehammer...

If you want to eat carrots you should be prepared to shoot rabbits

Think we’ll file this one under ‘Completely Missing the Point.’

For the record, I think that argument is as much nonsense as the reply.

10 hours ago, smpar said:

Think we’ll file this one under ‘Completely Missing the Point.’

For the record, I think that argument is as much nonsense as the reply.

So what is the point that I've missed?

I’m always quite tempted to cut back on meat. I couldn’t give a flying f**k about animal cruelty or the environment but it’s cheaper and healthier, so I’m very much tempted to scale back on it. Could never go full on veggie though. Always going to fancy treating myself to a roll on sausage or a kebab once in a while.

12 hours ago, Donathan said:

I’m always quite tempted to cut back on meat. I couldn’t give a flying f**k about animal cruelty or the environment but it’s cheaper and healthier, so I’m very much tempted to scale back on it. Could never go full on veggie though. Always going to fancy treating myself to a roll on sausage or a kebab once in a while.

Is that like a meat deodorant?

Archived