The SNP take heavy bungs and are failing Scotland and do not actually want independence because that means they would have no one to blame but themselves.

I learnt recently that vegans don’t eat honey. Wasn’t something I’d thought of but it’s because it’s product of bees work. 
I like meat too much.

Apparently honey is one for debate in the vegan community. My vegan mate personally doesn’t eat it but a lot of vegans do and it is technically vegan.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

Taking it wildly off tangent, its the people who come out the closet later on in life that I can't figure. I've a  cousin who 'came out' in his forties, married 20 odd year, kids etc. To be honest I wasn't shocked, he was 'good with colours' as a yoof/young man, I'd guess its easier to have an epiphany about not killing animals than it is to decide to 'chow down on dude'. Each to their own and all that though.

I thought people were putting their Gunther quotes in the other thread?

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

Have you tried it ? Its way better than cheap shitty mince and for me on a par with turkey mince (which is the king of minces for me). We even use it in mince an' ingin pie and its fine. Use good ingredients with it and its fine. I've fed mates it, I've told them it was Quorn before they ate it, I'm not a dick that way and despite initial scepticism there were no complaints and it was lads who wouldn't have been too shy to tell me if it was shite.

Not all the Quorn/other veggie stuff is great, the chicken bits are OK, not great, some of the sausages are OK, some gash. I think its Linda McCartney that do decent mozzarella burgers that are pretty good. For me the worst is the bacon, followed by the beef strips but if you eat strong flavoured food then its easier to 'disguise' it though.  Of course, some meals are just fine without meat too. 

I have had quorn mince. Rank. Chewy, Tasteless. The wrong shape. And above all, completely pointless in a world where actual mince exists.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I have had quorn mince. Rank. Chewy, Tasteless. The wrong shape. And above all, completely pointless in a world where actual mince exists.

Fair enough, at least you've tried it. If it was mince and tatties you had then it might not transfer well, I've not tried it with Quorn but in other stuff I've had no issues. Whatever works, I know a lassie who seems to want to be a veggie, she keeps trying to be anyway but hates the Quorn mince. I'm lucky enough that I enjoy it. :thumsup2

I didn’t moan too much but I know it’d be a guarantee that if we went to her house for dinner it’d be a total vege effort without catering for me or any other. 

What an odd attitude to have.
Have you tried it ? Its way better than cheap shitty mince and for me on a par with turkey mince (which is the king of minces for me). We even use it in mince an' ingin pie and its fine. Use good ingredients with it and its fine. I've fed mates it, I've told them it was Quorn before they ate it, I'm not a dick that way and despite initial scepticism there were no complaints and it was lads who wouldn't have been too shy to tell me if it was shite.
Not all the Quorn/other veggie stuff is great, the chicken bits are OK, not great, some of the sausages are OK, some gash. I think its Linda McCartney that do decent mozzarella burgers that are pretty good. For me the worst is the bacon, followed by the beef strips but if you eat strong flavoured food then its easier to 'disguise' it though.  Of course, some meals are just fine without meat too. 

Quorn mince is decent, goes nice in a spaghetti though I rarely use it anymore.. quite happy making it with just vegetables. Linda McCartney and Cauldron sausages are better than Quorn IMO, as are the LM burgers as you have pointed out.

Quorn stuff was handy when I was with my ex, she never cooked and was really fussy when it came to veg so having me cook things like a curry with Quorn chicken pieces kept us both relatively happy.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Quorn mince is decent, goes nice in a spaghetti though I rarely use it anymore.. quite happy making it with just vegetables. Linda McCartney and Cauldron sausages are better than Quorn IMO, as are the LM burgers as you have pointed out.

Quorn stuff was handy when I was with my ex, she never cooked and was really fussy when it came to veg so having me cook things like a curry with Quorn chicken pieces kept us both relatively happy.

I must admit I prefer a Quorn mince chilli than a bean chilli although I'm fine with beans, just not too often. Like I said, I'm not a veggie, just a cat who's happy to eat veggie. Some of the shop brand sausages are alright, not a patch on the real thing for me but happy to use them. I forgot about the Quorn 'patties, Her Maj went through a phase of eating them and they were pretty good, she(we) even did them on muffins for a while going full Macky D's. 

Whatever works, its just something else that people seem to get worked up about, we've been out for a meal with my brother and his missus and he's been ordering and ending up with "whatever veggie crap she's having".  Nothing more guaranteed to get spit in your scran than a boor holding court, cheers bro. 

Vegan is so much hard work and not entirely convinced is healthy. Vegetarian is a lot easier (Linda McCartney stuff) and I find as i get older drifting to some half way house between meat eater or not.

Once a week for red meat on average and sometimes months on end. Fish ill always eat. Pescatarian I'll end up

1 hour ago, DanMc99 said:

and they have all the gear too.

streamlined

You just know what's going through their heads "I am in team sky, climbing the alps.......I'M KING OF THE MOUNTAINS...!!!, wish I could have a roll and bacon"

After my ex moved to Glasgow University and the leafy west end she slowly became vegetarian and then eventually vegan.

She also turned into some kind of marathon running weed smoking free spirit hippy hipster type person.

Think there’s definitely some sort of link between the two.

I can sort of understand becoming a vegetarian but going vegan is just for strange folk imo. They should be jailed.

6 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

It's sort of purply in colour and she's vegan thin. Could you squeeze into a size 6?

Must. Tread. Carefully. 

I expect I'd be a 10 or 12 in a ladies' gilet. Anyway, purple is not my colour but thanks for getting back to me. 

Archived