Stenhousemuir vs Alloa

CEMSFC

What happened at half time? Someone suggested David Marsh accidentally leathered the ball into the crowd and hit someone with it.

As the stenny players were lining up shots, he kept firing them as hard as he could towards the away supporters, and deliberately as he was laughing away after every shot, before eventually hitting a woman in the face, and not even apologising until the fans gave him plenty of abuse and his teammates told him to. Pretty poor show.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good first half from Stenny who could have been further ahead at the break. The offside call must have been tight and if Longworth was off then he really shouldn't have been. We also got lucky with Taggart getting in the way of a goal bound header when he didn't seem to know a lot about it. That said, even though we were shite in the first half we still came close to a couple of goals with Flannigan's ball across the face of the goal then the header off the bar.

After a pretty shambolic first half we at least looked like a football team after the break. Malcolm did well for both goals and is certainly very effective close to goal. We should have been able to see it out at that stage but Stenny came back into it and might have grabbed the draw they deserved over the game. For all I remain a little unconvinced about Fleming in DM it was noticeable that Stenny came back into it after he went off. 

Another game where I came away thinking we were a bit lucky and that we aren't getting the best out of our squad, but credit to players and manager on another victory. Hopefully we get a decent draw on Monday. 

Stenny were impressive in that first half. If they could play like that regularly then surely a good bet for promotion. Well organised and dangerous in attack. Flip side obviously was how much they dropped out of the game after the break.

The offside call must have been tight

Yes, very tight I'd say.

I thought Stenny were excellent first half, moving the ball about quickly and dangerous up front.

Being only 1 nil down at half-time gave us a chance of getting the win and we duly raised our levels enough to do so. That said it was more about determination and effort than any good football we played. Cawley and Malcolm epitomized this for me.

I thought Jim's substitutions were a bit odd. Not bringing Renton and, a still completely lacking in confidence, Cook on, but rather taking off Fleming rather than Malcolm. Perhaps the former was injured? I didn't think Fleming was having a particularly good game, but as Waspie says we lost something when he went off.

God win though and let's hope for a good draw.

Speaking of odd substitutions, what was the thinking behind removing Ross Meechan for David Marsh and moving Ross Dunlop to right-back? We've made this change a couple of times over the last few weeks and it doesn't really make any sense to me (other than giving Marsh a brief runout).

Didnt think we started particularly well yesterday stepped it up second half but think that was down to how well stenny played, was very impressed with stenny.

Delighted for malcolm to get the goals, felt for fleming a bit because he has been a stand out the last few weeks but i felt hetherington didnt play well yesterday I thought he should have been taken off.

Absolutely disgusting the sub kicking the ball into the fans, hit a man before kickoff aswell, should be ashamed of himself.

Didnt think we started particularly well yesterday stepped it up second half but think that was down to how well stenny played, was very impressed with stenny.

Delighted for malcolm to get the goals, felt for fleming a bit because he has been a stand out the last few weeks but i felt hetherington didnt play well yesterday I thought he should have been taken off.

Absolutely disgusting the sub kicking the ball into the fans, hit a man before kickoff aswell, should be ashamed of himself.

To be fair he apologised for hitting the guy pre match. A complete accident. I went along to get out the house and the alloa suppprt are a very odd and angry bunch.

To be fair he apologised for hitting the guy pre match. A complete accident. I went along to get out the house and the alloa suppprt are a very odd and angry bunch.

He did which was fair enough, but then hit a woman at ht unsure if you seen or not. He is a professional footballer, 4 out of 5 shots shouldnt be going over the bar anyway.

28 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

He did which was fair enough, but then hit a woman at ht unsure if you seen or not. He is a professional footballer, 4 out of 5 shots shouldnt be going over the bar anyway.

He is a centre back. He also loves to wind the opposition fans up so.

He is a centre back. He also loves to wind the opposition fans up so.

It wasn’t like it was just a centre backs shooting, he was deliberately hitting them as hard as possible into the crowd, and then eventually hitting a woman and not apologising. Theres a difference between him winding up fans and being a total pr*ck.

It wasn’t like it was just a centre backs shooting, he was deliberately hitting them as hard as possible into the crowd, and then eventually hitting a woman and not apologising. Theres a difference between him winding up fans and being a total pr*ck.

I know what you are meaning but for all we know it might not have been deliberate

As the stenny players were lining up shots, he kept firing them as hard as he could towards the away supporters, and deliberately as he was laughing away after every shot, before eventually hitting a woman in the face, and not even apologising until the fans gave him plenty of abuse and his teammates told him to. Pretty poor show.

:lol:

4 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

I know what you are meaning but for all we know it might not have been deliberate

I think the fact that the stewards got officials involved, then told the officials it was deliberate followed by your officials taking statements from alloa supporters answers that question?

Archived