Stenhousemuir vs Alloa

CEMSFC

We meet again. 

Out of the 4 meetings last year, Stenny didn't win any of the games. 

Hopefully we can win.

Incase any Stenny fans are wondering Warriors TV Hightlights and Post Match interviews return from this game onwards. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few ex Wasps involved on the Stenny side with Bomber on the touchline and  Mick Dunlop, Fast Eddie and Jamie Longworth in the squad. I thought Jamma was maybe a little unlucky at Alloa in that we had good options upfront in his time with us and he was never able to get enough games to prove his worth. Eddie was maybe the opposite in that he probably got more games than he deserved! But on his day capable of causing bother.

Assume we are ok to play PJ Crossan? Would be a real blow if we weren't. And to Stenny fans, is the social club on the corner of the ground still open? 

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Few ex Wasps involved on the Stenny side with Bomber on the touchline and  Mick Dunlop, Fast Eddie and Jamie Longworth in the squad. I thought Jamma was maybe a little unlucky at Alloa in that we had good options upfront in his time with us and he was never able to get enough games to prove his worth. Eddie was maybe the opposite in that he probably got more games than he deserved! But on his day capable of causing bother.

Assume we are ok to play PJ Crossan? Would be a real blow if we weren't. And to Stenny fans, is the social club on the corner of the ground still open? 

Yes it is. 

I'm a bit less wary of this game than I was when the draw was made. We're in a far better place now and will be confident of progressing.

I see Stenny haven't lost in the league at Ochilview since the opening day of the season, so we're playing a team who are accustomed to picking up decent results at home. They also had a great result last week up at Peterhead.

Our record there is good, don't think we've lost there since Maitland era. Worst I think we've had there is when we blew a 2 goal lead late on last season. 

Stenny is always a good wee away trip, hopefully a decent support fire through. Decent admission  prices too.

Aye, poor show that with the substitute. Laughing & joking too like it’s a game. Nothing will come of that no doubt.

Good win though, not pretty or anything to write home about but got the job done & in the next round. Wee boost for Malky who’s now on 4 in 4 too, took a wee bit of stick in the first half.

We should have won. Couple of kamikaze moments from Chris Smith were our undoing. I can’t think of Alloa threatening our goal aside from the obvious. Mick Dunlop came so close to getting the replay with the header off the post and the volley he screwed wide with the last kick. Would have been the least we deserved.

Harry Paton continues to impress. I’d suggest he’s our player of the season so far, despite McGuigan’s goals.

Encouraging performance though.

Dissapointed with some fans reaction and shouts early on , some of them need to calm down ,

You really are a sensitive sole. One fan as per usual given it large a lot of frustrations coming from the Alloa fans due to fact we could not string two passes together and some very comical situations due to poor communication in defence in the first half. Nothing to write home about.

Two well taken chances by Malcom. Credit to Fleming who had yet another decent game. Herrington was very poor as was Robertson who actually made Eddie look like a bit of a player in the first half given him a bit to much space to run at him. Thought we should have put big Renton on earlier to give us an out ball.

Special mention to J. Scott and McMinn who are a pair of grade 1 plonkers to think it’s funny to kick balls into the fans behind goals and then when stewards tell them try to laugh it off if they had made an apology when they first done it this may have stopped the situation escalating to an extent a club official in the crowd taken statements and club stewards advising the official the players done it deliberately.

On the whole, that was a pretty even game of football, entertaining in parts despite a lack of real goalmouth action. I'm disappointed we didn't take Alloa Athletic to a replay, especially after hitting the post with moments remaining, and Mick Dunlop's shot, the very last kick of the match, seemed to glide past the post in slow motion. It was frustrating to lose because of poor goalkeeping. Chris Smith has been very handy for us since returning to the club in the summer but he really should have done a lot better with both goals, the first especially. Still, encouraging enough against a side who bodied us throughout the whole of 2016/17.

Harry Paton was our best player and the improvement he's made over the last four months has been remarkable. He's always looking to get on the ball and carry the team forward and I was impressed how often we tried to play through him rather than go long at any opportunity. Everyone else, Smith aside, played well too (Eddie Ferns might have set up the opening goal but his delivery was often askew and brought promising moves to an untimely end).

What happened at half time? Someone suggested David Marsh accidentally leathered the ball into the crowd and hit someone with it.

Archived