Buckie v Brechin Part 2

CITY1974

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isaac turned game in our favour. I may be in a minority here but a better Buckie team would ve beat us . WTF were they first half tactics about . One of the poorest City performance s in years. But credit to Dod s he changed it and I felt in the end we fell over the line .Lovely place with nice friendly fans and a social club to die for

I wasn't at the game, so can't comment, what I will say about Issac is that it's ok scoring against Buckie , he done well while on loan to use in league 1 but they aren't even comparable to the teams in our league!  Could it be that he is a good league 1 player with zero confidence ? Regardless how he played today I hope he isn't starting on Saturdays until he comes on and shows he can be competitive against championship players/defenders

I wasn't at the game, so can't comment, what I will say about Issac is that it's ok scoring against Buckie , he done well while on loan to use in league 1 but they aren't even comparable to the teams in our league!  Could it be that he is a good league 1 player with zero confidence ? Regardless how he played today I hope he isn't starting on Saturdays until he comes on and shows he can be competitive against championship players/defenders

Na Isaac was buzzing today and you have to give him credit for not chucking it weeks ago . Until his appearance we were absolutely rank rotten against an an average highland league side.We all know his faults but not today in fact he really should ve had a hat trick .
We had good players way outta position today and it failed big time . Isaacs earned his start v Utd who knows his goals might have earned club some much needed cash

9 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Don't you just love the Brechin support ?  :lol:

Isaac hasn't scored competitively for months , comes on scores two to basically save our season  and folk still hound him .  :rolleyes:

No wonder his confidence is low with that kind of "support" .    Come on , give the guy some credit . 

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

Don't you just love the Brechin support ?  :lol:

Isaac hasn't scored competitively for months , comes on scores two to basically save our season  and folk still hound him .  :rolleyes:

No wonder the guy's confidence is low with that kind of "support" .    Come on , give the guy some credit . 

one swallow does not make a summer:) really hope he does kick on from this but !!

1 hour ago, CITY1974 said:

Na Isaac was buzzing today and you have to give him credit for not chucking it weeks ago . Until his appearance we were absolutely rank rotten against an an average highland league side.We all know his faults but not today in fact he really should ve had a hat trick .
We had good players way outta position today and it failed big time . Isaacs earned his start v Utd who knows his goals might have earned club some much needed cash

To be honest Isaac has been buzzing for a few weeks now.  I am just glad he has a couple of goals behind him .  I hope he can now push on from here and knock a couple in against United next week. 

Alright here goes my thoughts;

First half we were gash! Two balls over the top and into the wind resulted in two gaols for Buckie - why was Crighton on the wing? Not a winger.

E Smith did ok but why does Dods feel the need to shuffle folk around to get certain players in? I always think we are light in the middle not on players ability just on numbers - we always seem to have a man less. 

At half time there looked to be only one winner. However very quickly a change of formation with Issac coming on for two up top. This did make a difference as Orsi was very isolated previously.

A wins a win and our second half performance was an improvement.

Best for us Graham.

Now for a big gun at home.

To be honest Isaac has been buzzing for a few weeks now.  I am just glad he has a couple of goals behind him .  I hope he can now push on from here and knock a couple in against United next week. 

Ye he has I agree he looks fitter and quicker he's definitely picked up

11 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

Can you explain what you mean by the second bit of your post ?

I don't know ,   You tell me !!

My view is , basically football wise he has been trying hard , maybe a bit too hard to improve as I stated in my post below.  That is what surprised me most that some are not really prepared to back him even after yesterday. ................which makes you wonder if there are other reasons for some people not wanting him in the team. 

Each to their own I suppose . 

12 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Ok on Isaac, he’s never looked like the answer been absolutely murder never mind this he’s looking sharp etc. But now he’s scored 2 so fucking what.this is or isn’t the turning point for any Brechin supporter. He now kicks on and does the biz. Or the previous doubters hav been spot on and I’m one of them. It’s all about Isaac now can or can’t he produce the goods. we need him to do so as of tues. a tall ask?I think so but hope I’m wrong

33 minutes ago, slangs said:

Ok on Isaac, he’s never looked like the answer been absolutely murder never mind this he’s looking sharp etc. But now he’s scored 2 so fucking what.this is or isn’t the turning point for any Brechin supporter. He now kicks on and does the biz. Or the previous doubters hav been spot on and I’m one of them. It’s all about Isaac now can or can’t he produce the goods. we need him to do so as of tues. a tall ask?I think so but hope I’m wrong

This is the kind of statement which I was getting at.  

As I said , those two goals have possibly  saved our season .  It has put us in the draw with a potential money spinning tie .  That money spinning tie could give us the chance to bring in a couple of experienced players at the window or a couple of good young loan players .  I know the chances of such a tie are quite slim , but we are there .  Should it happen it could be the difference of us strengthening in a bid to stay in this league.   So fucking what doesn't really cut it for me I'm afraid.  

I thank Isaac for putting us in that position ................. and the others in the team of course for not giving in. 

This is the kind of statement which I was getting at.  
As I said , those two goals have possibly  saved our season .  It has put us in the draw with a potential money spinning tie .  That money spinning tie could give us the chance to bring in a couple of experienced players at the window or a couple of good young loan players .  I know the chances of such a tie are quite slim , but we are there .  Should it happen it could be the difference of us strengthening in a bid to stay in this league.   So fucking what doesn't really cut it for me I'm afraid.  
I thank Isaac for putting us in that position ................. and the others in the team of course for not giving in. 

I ll bet everyone of us have criticised Isaac this season . But yesterday he changed the game and deserves huge credit . He certainly was nt the worst player in a red shirt . As longs he does nt go back to ( that's me done my bit attitude ) hopefully he can improve.

Think everyone wants him to do well but he has been pish up till now , so he scored two goals on Saturday against non league opposition did Ross Caldwell no score a hatrick at Peterhead last year and he was pish 95% of the time he was on the pitch before and after that. I will gladly eat my words about Issac if he pushes on from here and I would love him to prove me wrong but he has shown very little to inspire confidence. 

12 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I don't know ,   You tell me !!

My view is , basically football wise he has been trying hard , maybe a bit too hard to improve as I stated in my post below.  That is what surprised me most that some are not really prepared to back him even after yesterday. ................which makes you wonder if there are other reasons for some people not wanting him in the team. 

Each to their own I suppose . 

If I were you I would be VERY VERY careful about what I think you are inferring here because if I can prove it , get yourself a good solicitor and plenty money you have been warned

44 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

If I were you I would be VERY VERY careful about what I think you are inferring here because if I can prove it , get yourself a good solicitor and plenty money you have been warned

All I am inferring is that from past experience some Brechin fans have always had a player they have singled out as one to shout at or blame .  This seems to be the case with Isaac. 

God knows how your mind is working with statements like that though. 

Archived