The Famous Aberdeen FC vs The Less Famous Motherwell FC

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Bookmarked.

And screenshat

Fittiver ya mad c**t.

Moult is the kind of player we would go for or possibly the **** would go for. You don't need him and are looking for players you can sell on for a fair bit of cash.

It would be a signing like Hayes which was more to weaken us than strengthen you. Bookmark and screenshite all you want.

3 hours ago, MJC said:

Willie Miller "it's the WURST performunce Aberdeen huv hud under McInnes".

Scott Davie sounds despondent on the TV as well.

I just LOVE beating this lot.

You do realise that Aberdeen to Scott Davie is akin to Rangers to almost everyone with any interest in Scottish football (outwith the red white and blue chumps)

40 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that Aberdeen to Scott Davie is akin to Rangers to almost everyone with any interest in Scottish football (outwith the red white and blue chumps)

I can only go by what I hear of him and that is usually limited to his commentries on Motherwell v Aberdeen matches and I've always been of the opinion that he favours Aberdeen and is biased towards them. Let's face it it would hardly be abnormal for a Radio Scotland pundit to be pro-Aberdeen would it?

Well, that was shite. I counted at least four occasions when a Dons player played a short pass straight out of play. Shambolic.

Moult's positioning and finishing is ace. Good performance by Well and a decent away support, hope they get the cup next weekend.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, MJC said:

I can only go by what I hear of him and that is usually limited to his commentries on Motherwell v Aberdeen matches and I've always been of the opinion that he favours Aberdeen and is biased towards them. Let's face it it would hardly be abnormal for a Radio Scotland pundit to be pro-Aberdeen would it?

Scott Davie is a Raith Rovers fan. He's an Aberdonian who hates Aberdeen. 

1 minute ago, resk said:

Well, that was shite. I counted at least four occasions when a Dons player played a short pass straight out of play. Shambolic.

Moult's positioning and finishing is ace. Good performance by Well and a decent away support, hope they get the cup next weekend.

I got the impression when I walked in that it was bigger than our usual Pittodrie support, did it look that way for you?

I got the impression when I walked in that it was bigger than our usual Pittodrie support, did it look that way for you?

A bit, yeah. I assumed it was a pre- cup final boost. We're used to small away supports here for obvious reasons.

Not long in and now that I've thawed out, I'm pretty happy with that as it's the most comfortable win we've had up there for a good few years. To get it out the way - Aberdeen were pish today - I can't remember seeing a team pass the ball out the park so many times in one game. That said, I think we've been a bit wobbly recently and I was concerned that our form was dipping as teams worked us out - but to my eyes, we caught Aberdeen out with a slightly different shape today and they took a good 20 mins to come to terms with it  - and by that point, we had a good foothold in the game. We just seemed to be back on it today and that's heartening (and not just for next week).

Even though his passing has  bizarrely deserted him this season, McHugh had a great game in midfield today - won a lot and worked extremely hard. Grimshaw was also excellent and it shows how unbelievably better our squad is now because he's our 3rd choice in there after Campbell and Bigi and was one of the better midfielders on the park. On the subject of midfielders - I thought Christie was excellent for Aberdeen - and he seems to be every time I see him (niggly dirty wee bastart though).

Not much to say about Moult now apart from (a) the second goal was a genuine top drawer, better than our league, finish and (b) Aberdeen's management must be borderline suicidal that another 150k would probably have landed him. 

It was only February when we got pumped 7-2 - I can't remember a bigger turnaround in every aspect of the club in all my time watching them - we look like a top  6 team this season and look difficult to beat once we get in front.

Oh - and the few Dons fans I spoke to after the game were pretty gracious in defeat and wished us luck for next week, so fair play for that....

Guest Bob Mahelp

Hard to say how well Motherwell played, given that we were so damn awful. I don't think they had to be brilliant to stroll past a woeful Dons side.

We're going through one of the periods we have every year, where we've completely lost our mojo. I get the impression that the thrashing from Celtic knocked us completely for six.

42 minutes ago, MJC said:

I genuinely think that Scott Davie just doesn't like football

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

It would be a signing like Hayes which was more to weaken us than strengthen you.

Because that's not how the OF have operated for years and years, aye?

Archived