Favourite Building in your home town/city

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

The 2nd one. The first one's moot as everyone knows Embra's full of p***ks.

Well thats the way I always considered it, I never considered Inverness to be east Scotland, would just consider it to be Highland but would consider Elgin and beyond to be on the east. Funnily enough Perth is far more east than west but people considered that to be central Scotland yet Dunfermline would be considered east as its part of Fife.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Well thats the way I always considered it, I never considered Inverness to be east Scotland, would just consider it to be Highland but would consider Elgin and beyond to be on the east. Funnily enough Perth is far more east than west but people considered that to be central Scotland yet Dunfermline would be considered east as its part of Fife.

Inverness sits on the Moray Firth, it's in the East!

East?

Dunfermline is the centre of the known universe.

Back to the thread. Mine.FB_IMG_1510667112398.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No one outwith the central belt seems to feel the need to define themselves as east or west.

I dont suppose the East/West divide means all that much really, other than the absolute disgrace that you cant get broon sauce in a chippy when you head West. That disgusts me to my core.

You can, you just need to ask for it. But no-one does, because it's stinking.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

But it’s still closer to Kyle than it is to Peterhead. If you assume the world is flat and draw a line straight down, Inverness is about in line with Hamilton.

But it isn't flat! You're at it, you cheeky monkey.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

You can, you just need to ask for it. But no-one does, because it's stinking.

But it isn't flat! You're at it, you cheeky monkey.

I'm honestly not at it! Even if we're to ignore the flat earth theory for now, its still closer to the most western point than the most eastern. East Scotland starts when you exit the Highlands and enter Moray. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm honestly not at it! Even if we're to ignore the flat earth theory for now, its still closer to the most western point than the most eastern. East Scotland starts when you exit the Highlands and enter Moray. 

This is entering virginton territory of what is and isn't coastal.

56 minutes ago, throbber said:

The tide from the north sea (which is what most folk would call east coast) comes right into Perth and it's 20 odd miles from the coast. Its just a fucking freak of a City.

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

Inverness sits on the Moray Firth, it's in the East!

1 hour ago, throbber said:

But it’s still closer to Kyle than it is to Peterhead. If you assume the world is flat and draw a line straight down, Inverness is about in line with Hamilton.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Inverness is 65 miles from Fort William and 78 from the Kyle,

Inverness is 104 miles from Aberdeen and 108 fro Peterhead,

It is in the east of the North West of Scotland, and definitely as close to points on the west mainland as the east.

2 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Inverness is 65 miles from Fort William and 78 from the Kyle,

Inverness is 104 miles from Aberdeen and 108 fro Peterhead,

It is in the east of the North West of Scotland, and definitely as close to points on the west mainland as the east.

Let's just agree that everything's in the west.