Favourite Building in your home town/city

I know this sounds a bit weird, but yeah ronseal.

For me it's District 10  @ Seabraes in Dundee - I've always thought it looked cool
Property To Let District 10, Building 01 Greenmarket ...

Since I've moved to Aberdeen, I haven't really got one here other than the Sir Duncan Rice Library cos as one of my friends says "It looks like the Jedi Temple"

Image result for sir duncan rice library

Not exactly spoiled for choice living in a new town but the old railway bridge is nice, sadly abandoned and we are now England’s second largest town without a station. Newcastle is my nearest proper city which has some immense architecture, third most listed buildings in England after London and bath I believe. 

F2100C09-BD3D-40CC-B7A0-150A64F90ADC.jpeg

Kilmarnock used to have a lot more nice buildings in it before many were torn down in the 60s and 70s - absolutely criminal in my view. However the Dick Institute is a fantastic building that hosts the town's main library, art exhibitions and a museum about the town and the local area.

This is how the building looked after it was opened for the second time - the first building was destroyed by fire.

1381333256museums%20-%20dick%20institute

5926.jpg

This is how I remembered it as a kid. I always thought it was red sandstone due to how dirty it was.

The_Dick_Institute_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1

And this is it today. A smashing building all in all

Dick-Inst.jpg

12 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

In the first photo I genuinely thought it was Reichstag for a second.

Been to Killie a few times, I was surprised at how nice it is, I always had a pre determined idea of Ayrshire towns but I was pleased to see that I was wrong.

Funny you should say that - it's not the first time I've considered the similarities between the two buildings! Given that both buildings suffered catastrophic fires in their history it's not just the style of architecture that's similar. Of course the Reichstag is a much bigger and grander building than the Dick Institute is but I like them both.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-13744__Berlin__Rei

This is the Reichstag in the early 20th century for comparison.